Rigs and Carriers

Then why wear plate carriers and strap a dozen ar15 magazines to your chest???
Because I have a well developed sense of paranoia. Not planning on strapping AR mags to it.

All joking aside, i think it's a good piece of equipment, there a very good sale right now and I have the money. Not 100% convinced yet though that I should move on purchasing one or invest more in my current firearms and more ammo.

Last edited:
Hmm AR500 armor has a pretty good Black Friday sale going on.

x2 10x12 Level III+ (ALSC CUT) multi-curve base coat plates
lw-level-iii_-11x14_996x.jpg

+
x2 10x12 Trauma pads
ar500_trauma_pad.jpg

For $170

Throw in a Sentry Plate Carrier for $65
images

and the total is $252.88 with standard shipping. Seems like a pretty good deal if one is looking for a plate carrier system. The sale is plate and trauma pad combo. Sale ends Sunday night. Decisions Decision...

Each plate is 7.8lbs so that's 15.6lbs of armor to lug around and train in though.
I got the sentry carrier, and love it. not too heavy over all, fits well, and is nice and comfy

Then why wear plate carriers and strap a dozen ar15 magazines to your chest???
...you must have missed the recent riots the last few years that left entire swathes of American cities burning while the police and NG did little to stop it, leaving property owners to fend for themselves or request help from various militias/militia type groups....

I got the sentry carrier, and love it. not too heavy over all, fits well, and is nice and comfy
I took a chance and purchased their Black Friday mystery black box for $100. 1st time they'd run a black box mystery special and figured it might be pretty good. Got a hat, x2 shirts, a Veritas carrier and x2 multi-curve level 3 plates for that $100.

I took a chance and purchased their Black Friday mystery black box for $100. 1st time they'd run a black box mystery special and figured it might be pretty good. Got a hat, x2 shirts, a Veritas carrier and x2 multi-curve level 3 plates for that $100.
damn, just the plates made it worth it.

have you had a chance to train with the carrier on yet?

I'll snap a pick of mine and add it to this post. I bought mine cause it was more comfortable and on sale.

I use RMA level IV plates. They are multi hit rated, "fairly light" and they are affordable. Good company.

I used to have Infidel Armor Steel Plates but upgraded to the ceramic multi hit due to weight reduction and better performance.

My plates will work stand alone but work better with soft armor. But downside is its bulky with my under vest then the plates carrier and attachments over it.

Edit:
Front
Loaded with 3 AR mags, 2 pistol mags, box of slugs, medical kit and tourniquet
UO1srJA.jpg

Back side
ZC5MS8r.jpg

Inside
tcvQGt2.jpg

I'm a big believer that everyone has their own LO, but GD that's a lot of shit on the front.

I'm a big believer that everyone has their own LO, but GD that's a lot of shit on the front.
Yeah just due to position of my duty belt having stuff on the sides interferes with my pistol, taser and radio so I'm stuck putting it on front. I may drop the shotgun slug pouch.

I prefer the one a bar coworker that was Ranger Batt said:
"Because you're an American and you are allowed to"

That to, but hell I just threw mine on last week arriving late to a gun fight happening outside with my neighbor and some home boys that were road raging in a* stolen SUV.

Last edited:
Yeah just due to position of my duty belt having stuff on the sides interferes with my pistol, taser and radio so I'm stuck putting it on front. I may drop the shotgun slug pouch.

I read ya, you probably never anticipate a situation going prone either with your work.

does one need to be an operator to have LBE and/or plates?

no- but there are about 100 other things I'd be doing before purchasing one of those as a civilian. Funny working overseas we relished opportunities to NOT wear all that stuff yet civilians all over the US on weekend warrior courses love them. But each to their own!

If you're running slick in the front with an elastic cumberbund I've been considering this for a while...

https://shootingsurplus.com/ferro-concepts-slickster-multicam-medium/
I ended up getting a Veritas. During their Christmas salez they sold 5k black mystery boxes for $100. I figured I might get some steel targets or something. The box had x2 lol 3 steel 10x12 multi-curve chest plates, a Veritas plate carrier, x2 T-shirts, a ball cap and a beer coosie. Was a great deal.

I'm also looking to put together a non-armored lightweight minimilist chest rig. Basic loadout of 12g ammo carrier, extra mag holder's, radio and afaik kit. Something like the HSGI AO.

Back