Ring To Cage C-17 Custom

yes dude, no one argues that every once in a while you get a lemon, but this particular thread is about c17s so other brands are irrelevant. How are yours holding up by the way and what kind of usage do you put them through?

if memory serves RG paid $260-$280 for his c17s, i will be very curious to see how ring to cage will take care of him. if it was me and i paid that much money, id be royally pissed, but your are right its up to customer service to fix this.

Edit: RG paid about 240 EUR for 2 pairs, which comes out $160-$170 per pair, not $260-$280 for one.

my customs are my go to glove so unlike the Reyes that Mino mentioned in another thread my custom C-17 are well over 150 rounds at this point. I don't track the rounds past 40 as once I do a glove review that's when I track them. After that, should I decide to keep them I just beat them up just like the rest of you guys do.

Oh ok. Thought it was for one pair. lol.

it is, per pair we pay $130 USD for custom , $99 for stock. Remember the euro is A LOT stronger then the USD or 240 EURO is ALOT! So he spent 327 USD on 2 pairs of gloves, we would have paid 198.99.

Last edited:
Blue gloves, the color became displaced and wonky, only once have I heard of the issue but an issue nonetheless, it was to enforce my point even the best brands suffer from mishaps.

These are my 18 oz Winning gloves. If i have time tomorrow ill snap a few shots to show you guys. Blue v paint was rubbing off. Purchased through Rakuten.

Last edited:
Isn't Winning supposed to have wonky wrist support in the higher weight Velcro gloves also?

The weight distribution is a bit off once you get to 16 and 18 oz in the Winning velcro styles gloves. The 18 oz lace up gloves feel heavy at the hands and they look big.

Hello gents,

It's correct that I paid about 120 Euro's per pair including shipping and import taxes.

I'm not really worried by the bumps at this point as they do not effect performance. And performance is what I love about these gloves! They feel great and are a joy to work with. I use them more than my other gloves (Winning, Cleto, Rival) at the moment

Coming week I will contact R2C.

Thanks,
RG

Yeah telling u mino they are good bro, also how do u feel about Sergio's loss to cotto?

Maybe if I keep saying "wow they look nice.. too bad about international shipping" Mohsin will browse the forums, notice and send me a pair for free.. how great would that be.

A man can dream

Sergio should retire, punch resistance is iffy and his knees are totally shot. That's boxing

Maybe if I keep saying "wow they look nice.. too bad about international shipping" Mohsin will browse the forums, notice and send me a pair for free.. how great would that be.

A man can dream

Sergio should retire, punch resistance is iffy and his knees are totally shot. That's boxing

LOL Minow, yeah man sucks about shipping I just don't know why more brands aren't offered to the guys overseas.

Hi Gents,

It's interesting how Forzasports is able to keep shipping cost low and why others don't offer the same option.

Forzasports only charged $16 for shipping a pair of Cleto's to the Netherlands....

Kind rgds,
RG

^Very true. Bill Beaulieu charged me I think $20 for shipping from the USA for gloves I bought from him. Forza sports have great international shipping costs. Buying from MMA HQ you get good shipping as well. With Ring To Cage and Ringside and Title etc it's not good. For a pair of hook&loop converters awhile ago I was quoted $52(!!) for shipping by Mohsin of Ring to Cage, and eventually got them from Cageside MMA with shipping less than $10. The more expensive companies should reconsider their international shipping as they are missing out on business.

Dang these looks good, but I wouldn't want to compare that gold to the Cleto Reyes one. But for 100-130 you can't complain!

It looks a little more flat than the foil look of Mexican gloves. The silver version looks nice enough and for 100 bucks that's a deal...

If i was a better pad hitter or still fighting I'd buy the silver ones haha. But alas I'm a bit too fugly to rock them :)

If i was a better pad hitter or still fighting I'd buy the silver ones haha. But alas I'm a bit too fugly to rock them :)

Pimp ass silver makes even the fugliest look 10 times better my friend. Kinda like cars. You could be fugly as hell but if your pimpin a Ferrari......you look better....lol.

Hi gents,

Just an update. I contacted R2C last tuesday about the defect but no response yet. A little disappointing...

Kind rgds,
RG

Hi gents,

Just an update. I contacted R2C last tuesday about the defect but no response yet. A little disappointing...

Kind rgds,
RG

He doesn't answer emails, try calling. He should get an assistant, but oh well.

Hi gents,

Kind rgds,
RG

yeah hes a one man show, I will call him and tell him to check his inbox RGA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back