Ring to Cage Quality?

Flboycanscrap2

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I just wanted to reach out and ask what everyone thinks of the company Ring to Cage and their products' overall quality.

I am specifically asking about the MMA gloves and other MMA equipment. There are few reputable MMA brands, but there are longstanding reputable brands for boxing equipment.

The prices at Ring to Cage are very reasonable, but it is clear that they produce blatant knock offs of basically every reputable MMA and Boxing brands' products.

Please let me know what you guys think of Ring to Cage as a company and their products' quality versus other brands.

Calling them knock offs is really, really unfair considering that he explicitly states that the models he clones are just that... clones. A knock off implies some drastic dip of quality or some attempt at obfuscation - R2C is really upfront about what the product is: either an original, or a clone of a popular product.

The clones are fucking fantastic by the way. I don't know if all the old gear reviews were lost in forum transition, but everyone I remember, myself included, that bought a pair of his Winning clones were nothing but impressed. They're like 1/3 the price and outstanding quality.

MMA gloves? I honestly have no idea, but I'd expect they're fine. From personal experience though I can tell you that the: Winning clones, uppercut wall mount bag, throw bag, and Mexican style headgear are all top notch.

Calling them knock offs is really, really unfair considering that he explicitly states that the models he clones are just that... clones. A knock off implies some drastic dip of quality or some attempt at obfuscation - R2C is really upfront about what the product is: either an original, or a clone of a popular product.

The clones are fucking fantastic by the way. I don't know if all the old gear reviews were lost in forum transition, but everyone I remember, myself included, that bought a pair of his Winning clones were nothing but impressed. They're like 1/3 the price and outstanding quality.

MMA gloves? I honestly have no idea, but I'd expect they're fine. From personal experience though I can tell you that the: Winning clones, uppercut wall mount bag, throw bag, and Mexican style headgear are all top notch.

Do you think R2C does better clones than Title? E.g. Winning vs R2C Japanese style vs Fighting Sports (Title).

fighting sports... those gloves are neither clone nor knockoff. They are something entirely different. I have to say that fighting is not terrible at all, but there is nothing similiar. The logo colors, maybe. They have several glove designs, and most of them are just other Title gloves with the fighting logo.

Early "winning" clone/imitator was the Triumph United Heatseeker 1.0, the 2.0 weren't too similar aesthetically. I think that's when other companies started legit copying/cloning/imitating Grant and Winning, with Topboxer (Bill Beaulieu with his grant clone).

I've checked out the r2c Winning clones, custom and generic. Like most mass manufactured products, there were some variances in terms of quality but nothing too egregious. I had a hybrid Grant/Winning clone from r2c (custom) and they were pretty fantastic.

r2c's guy used to be pretty active on this forum. I've mostly heard good things about the company and its products.

On the 'clone' thing. I think it's sort of hilarious that Adidas' made in USA line (1V1 gloves made in Florida I believe) used/uses 'Japanese' and 'Mexican' as identifiers for their different lines.

So far I have only used R2C Facesaver headgear, Its quality is great and its durability is fantastic, the downside is its weight and size, it makes my head look like a giant marshmallow and it weighs close to 4 times as much as a Winning facesaver.

fighting sports... those gloves are neither clone nor knockoff. They are something entirely different. I have to say that fighting is not terrible at all, but there is nothing similiar. The logo colors, maybe. They have several glove designs, and most of them are just other Title gloves with the fighting logo.

Early "winning" clone/imitator was the Triumph United Heatseeker 1.0, the 2.0 weren't too similar aesthetically. I think that's when other companies started legit copying/cloning/imitating Grant and Winning, with Topboxer (Bill Beaulieu with his grant clone).

I've checked out the r2c Winning clones, custom and generic. Like most mass manufactured products, there were some variances in terms of quality but nothing too egregious. I had a hybrid Grant/Winning clone from r2c (custom) and they were pretty fantastic.

r2c's guy used to be pretty active on this forum. I've mostly heard good things about the company and its products.

On the 'clone' thing. I think it's sort of hilarious that Adidas' made in USA line (1V1 gloves made in Florida I believe) used/uses 'Japanese' and 'Mexican' as identifiers for their different lines.

Any more details on your custom R2C Grant/Winning clone hybrids? Like what makes it different from a Winning-clone or Grant-clone as standalones?

@deh707
wish i had pics. gave them to a kid at the PAL, he seemed to like them. They were Winning style, but with a triple cuff and a Grant style thumb. I say "winning" style, but they were pretty generic and not at all similar. Very well built, however. The quality on the custom gloves was great, almost like early UMA. I say early UMA because I only ordered equipment from them super early on, don't know how they're doing now.

@Reyesnuthugr

well, there are a ton of Mexican brands made in Mexico. I would say there is a huge number of gloves still being made in China. A couple of gloves are made in the USA but not at a mass scale.

Nothing wrong with Pakistan made gloves nowdays, the issue is with mass producers. There are many companies that will service only one company i.e R2C get their gear made by one company and that company only makes gear for them, or there are companies that produce crappy mass productions that any company/person can buy and whack their logo on it.
R2C sell good quality gear, Topboxer is in Pakistan and he makes excellent gear. As long as its not some mass producing company you'd find on Alibaba then you can assume it may produce good quality gear.

Nothing wrong with Pakistan made gloves nowdays, the issue is with mass producers. There are many companies that will service only one company i.e R2C get their gear made by one company and that company only makes gear for them, or there are companies that produce crappy mass productions that any company/person can buy and whack their logo on it.
R2C sell good quality gear, Topboxer is in Pakistan and he makes excellent gear. As long as its not some mass producing company you'd find on Alibaba then you can assume it may produce good quality gear.

A big question I have about R2C's quality is about their MMA glove clones. Obviously their Winning or Grant clones at a third or fourth the price won't be the same quality, but how do their quality of CSI clones, Hayabusa clones, or other mma gear clones compare to the originals? MMA gloves aren't that expensive even at the highest level and R2C is only undercutting MMA brands by 5-20 dollars at most.

A big question I have about R2C's quality is about their MMA glove clones. Obviously their Winning or Grant clones at a third or fourth the price won't be the same quality, but how do their quality of CSI clones, Hayabusa clones, or other mma gear clones compare to the originals? MMA gloves aren't that expensive even at the highest level and R2C is only undercutting MMA brands by 5-20 dollars at most.

No idea, I'll never own MMA gloves so I'll never be able to answer the question I'm afraid. I buy random brands of Boxing gloves simply to test them out, I've got far to many gloves for my training needs but I keep buying them to provide advice to the community, unfortunately I'll never be able to do MMA (bad knee from Rugby) so I'll never have any reason to buy gear for it.

Has anyone had experience with R2C MMA gloves, especially their clones of other MMA brands? What was there quality like in comparison to the brands they are cloning?

Also what was the sizing like? R2C doesn't have a size chart online and the customer service doesn't supply one. They only reference height and weight, which works for boxing gloves but doesn't work for mma gloves since mma gloves are actually hand shaped and many don't wear wraps with them for dexterity purposes.

Back