Rio Olympics

Has everyone bet grey in the women's 75kg freestyle? Still +125. Have 2.5 on currently but have seen people saying she's "bet of Rio" and stuff like that which always comes back to bite

Bad night last night. Camacho hit a hurdle in a semi she was going to win in womens 100m hurdles. Had her at +250 to win a medal. Took Spanovic to win long jump @ +250 she jumped a lifetime best but the two american girls edged her and Schippers got done in 200m and bowie @ +500 only managed third. Only good things were grasse looks very likely to win silver and i got him @ +250 and to medal @ +110 and rollins won womens hurdles to keep my risky +225 hedge parlay of rollins muhammed clement alive.

Lost half a unit last night but tonights the biggie. Need kovacs to win mens shot and if he does i need bolt to win 200m to close 3 parlays. If kovacs loses still need bolt to close two parlays but the profit wont be nearly as much as the other two parlays are at around -120 the kovacs bolt one is +250. Got whyte @ +700 in mens 400m hurdles hes now 2nd favourite and copello @ +250 but he looked bad in his semi. As mentioned above re 3 athlete parlay long as muhammed wins 400m hurdles if clement then wins mens 400m hurdles should cover any loss on hurdles as surely whyte or clement win. Also took koech to medal @ +400. Grasse to win silver @ +250 and medal @ +110. Also got hejnova to win wonens hurdles @ +500 and spencer @ +1000. Also took spencer to medal @ +1000.

Basically if whyte kovacs and bolt win i will be very happy!

Edit: mens 400m hurdles final midday brazil time thats odd!

With you on Kovacs/Bolt. Bolt is the bigger deal for me by far but Kovacs/Bolt does close out one nice parlay (had those 2 plus Ledecky in the 200 freestyle). That one is paying about +330 so would be very nice to hit it. But Bolt is really gonna determine my Olympics. I put a lot on him to win the 100 and 200 at -160. Seems like stealing now. Unless he trips or something he's not losing. De Grasse closed on him yesterday but Bolt had slowed down and was jogging at that point and didn't care. If he wins I will have had a huge Olympics mostly because of him and Conceico winning in boxing at +1800. Plus did pretty well with swimming.

With you on Kovacs/Bolt. Bolt is the bigger deal for me by far but Kovacs/Bolt does close out one nice parlay (had those 2 plus Ledecky in the 200 freestyle). That one is paying about +330 so would be very nice to hit it. But Bolt is really gonna determine my Olympics. I put a lot on him to win the 100 and 200 at -160. Seems like stealing now. Unless he trips or something he's not losing. De Grasse closed on him yesterday but Bolt had slowed down and was jogging at that point and didn't care. If he wins I will have had a huge Olympics mostly because of him and Conceico winning in boxing at +1800. Plus did pretty well with swimming.

Kovacs didnt look great qualifying which has made me highly doubtful he is going to win. Crouser launched a missile with one attempt. He has to be the fav.

Edit: hedged off some of my kovacs bolt parlay with crouser @ +200 better line than i anticipated. Just hope kovacs finds that 22m line later

Last edited:
Bah gawd Gray just lost 4-1 to Belarus. She owned her every time they had met previously. Was my biggest bet - that's what I get for dropping the l-bomb on her ('lock'). Hopefully Burroughs can win tomorrow as I have almost as much on him.

On the positive Mamashuk made the final so that's another 34.00 cashing each way @ 1/3rd with a chance to win outright (plus I bet on the Japanese to win at 3.00 just before the start so will be good either way). Too bad my limit on her winning at 40.00 on Unibet was £0.23 :D :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Bah gawd Gray just lost 4-1 to Belarus. She owned her every time they had met previously. Was my biggest bet - that's what I get for dropping the l-bomb on her ('lock'). Hopefully Burroughs can win tomorrow as I have almost as much on him.

On the positive Mamashuk made the final so that's another 34.00 cashing each way @ 1/3rd with a chance to win outright (plus I bet on the Japanese to win at 3.00 just before the start so will be good either way). Too bad my limit on her winning at 40.00 on Unibet was £0.23 :D :rolleyes:
Who do you like in the 53kg finals? Yoshida/Maroulis.

Who do you like in the 53kg finals? Yoshida/Maroulis.

I have a number of prebets on Maroulis from 7.00 - 12.00
depends on what the odds for the match are I guess? Maroulis above 3.0 would be great value
in the other finals: Kawaii and Weibe, probably shit odds though.
Dosho won :D

I have a number of prebets on Maroulis from 7.00 - 12.00
depends on what the odds for the match are I guess? Maroulis above 3.0 would be great value
in the other finals: Kawaii and Weibe, probably shit odds though.
Dosho won :D
Odds just came out, Maroulis is +350 on bet365. I have 0.5u pre-tour (tailed you earlier) for +700, adding another 0.5u at +350.

Odds just came out, Maroulis is +350 on bet365. I have 0.5u pre-tour (tailed you earlier) for +700, adding another 0.5u at +350.

Seems fair, it's a toss up IMO, Yoshida is an old age pensioner on her last legs so good value

Kovacs didnt look great qualifying which has made me highly doubtful he is going to win. Crouser launched a missile with one attempt. He has to be the fav.

Edit: hedged off some of my kovacs bolt parlay with crouser @ +200 better line than i anticipated. Just hope kovacs finds that 22m line later
Kovacs still favored at +125 for me. Can get field at -145 or Crouser at +180. You like either of those as an action play?

Kovacs still favored at +125 for me. Can get field at -145 or Crouser at +180. You like either of those as an action play?

Its men throwing a steel ball so anything could happen and if you want action id take both lines. No one threw anywhere near what crouser threw in qualifying. Kovacs has well exceeded that this year tho and im really hoping he just got something out of his system this morning but based on how they looked qualifying and how effortless crousers throw looked i am very surprised crouser not fav now. So hope in wrong and kovacs finds a monster throw but im not confident at all

Sick aggression from the Swedish chick who just won a bronze medal over China.

Thank you Murica and thank you Xhu for the tip

Last edited:
Hey remember last week when Bolt was -220 to win the 200 LOL...

upload_2016-8-18_17-10-56.png

I know Gatlin didn't qualify but wtf???

think I already posted this the other day but have a tiny bet on Spencer to win the 400m hurdles tonight. Muhammad probably wins this pretty easily but liking Spencer for a flier as a long shot.

Also small on the Italians to beat Brazil in the beach volleyball final.

Last edited:
think I already posted this the other day but have a tiny bet on Simpson to win the 400m hurdles tonight. Muhammad probably wins this pretty easily but liking Simpson for a flier as a long shot.

Also small on the Italians to beat Brazil in the beach volleyball final.

You mean spencer? If so me too if she has a clean race with no having to adjust her feet to clear a hurdle she has a great chance.

Back