Rio Olympics

It started really well but Burroughs, Gray, Kovacs and Schippers really burned me. Now I'm down 0.5 units with one bet left, and I need Jamaica to win the mens 4x100m to go plus on the olympics.

Man that sucks sorry. Really it's shocking that both Burroughs and Gray lost. Burroughs medalled every world comp he was ever at until today and always won gold (except once when he was injured). Gray was dominant for the last few years and completely outclassed the girl who beat her whenever they met before. Thanks 'murica

If you're on William Hill you can still get some back hopefully (edit: or since Jamaica won you could quit while ahead like a smart person :D ) with the each way lines they offer at stupid value. I'm aiming at guys with long odds on the easy side of the draw who should make the final (Because I found out to small loss they grade bronze as a 'dead heat', and cut your return by a further half. Lame!). With that in mind I bet on the Iranian yesterday who had the easy draw @ 10.00 since he would profit nicely if he made the final; and he ended up winning the whole thing which swallowed up the Burroughs loss for me. (plus two 34.00's reaching the final due to an easy draw and pay out a very decent return earlier).

Today I also like the Iranian, Karimimachiani @86kgs who is 11.00 to win on WHill and also has the easier side of the bracket. Sadly he has little chance of winning the final (if you can find the fav Sadulaev above 1.5 that's ok value for a small bet) but if he does make it like he should then it will still profit as if at evens with an each way bet (and if he bronzes it will also profit but only like 1/10th) . The odds on him to place 1-4 on Unibet are 1.45 which kinda sucks but the WHill odds are great. 'course now I've touted it he'll probably crash and burn in the first anyway...

Last edited:
Man that sucks sorry. Really it's shocking that both Burroughs and Gray lost. Burroughs medalled every world comp he was ever at until today and always won gold (except once when he was injured). Gray was dominant for the last few years and completely outclassed the girl who beat her whenever they met before. Thanks 'murica

I'm back on plus! I play mostly to challenge myself with pocket money so it doesn't hurt anything else than my ego so it's to lose a bit. But all winnings are welcome :)

Sometimes these things like Burrougs happens and that why we love sports. I was certain there was no way both Gray and him could fail me, and the shot out and 400m just didn't work out. Not stupid bets, just a bit unlucky the four heaviest bets lost. But as I said, I'm on plus so it's all good!

Stabbed Wembui or whatever her name is to win 800m @ +2300. Shes looked really good and semenya wins probably but after missing a trick last night fading ayana i think wembui is worth a stab.

Got centrowitz or however its spelt to medal in 1500m @ +600 hes now 4th fav @ +200. I just missed getting him @ +800 by a few minutes.

Took wembui to medal in womens 800m @ -150 and will be parlaying kiprop to win 1500m and wembui to medal @ +127

Really like wambui to win w/o semenya +175

Last edited:
Fuck me you in the highlands? I get 54 mbps or whatever it is
feels like it hah, I'm getting nostalgia blasts from early 2000's as it's as slow as dial up lol. I'm on the welsh-english border in the country like 7 mins outside a city centre, I'd kill for 54mbps!!

basically replace the word mum with BT or talk talk and that's the reason:

we're waiting to change broadband providers so we have to use our nextdoor neighbours router with my friends dad's openzone wifi. I'm visiting somewhere that has 3mbps speeds right now so im in heaven lol, at least I know that's fast enough to bet and watch the fights on properly. cheers for the link though that looks promising, I'll give it a try when I go home!

Fuck me you in the highlands? I get 54 mbps or whatever it is
feels like it hah, I'm getting nostalgia blasts from early 2000's as it's as slow as dial up lol. I'm on the welsh-english border in the country like 7 mins outside a city centre, I'd kill for 54mbps!!

basically replace the word mum with BT or talk talk and that's the reason:

we're waiting to change broadband providers so we have to use our nextdoor neighbours router with my friends dad's openzone wifi. I'm visiting somewhere that has 3mbps speeds right now so im in heaven lol, at least I know that's fast enough to bet and watch the fights on properly. cheers for the link though that looks promising, I'll give it a try when I go home!

england fans rejoicing as brazil dump germany out on penalties and take the gold haha, good to see them win the gold though, will be really positive for the whole country. cool scenes.

semenya schooling the field, 1.07/1.08 sp looking good value in hindsight...

The yank won the 1500m +600 cashes! Pretty happy up just over 2 units betting on athletics. Bookies defo not clued up on it

Last day of the olympics. Sad! Anyone betting wrestling or boxing today?

Last day of the olympics. Sad! Anyone betting wrestling or boxing today?

I would like to say I'm staying away for the last day after 'murica screwed me again (this time by winning when they were supposed to lose and eliminating the Iranian yesterday) but I've bet small for action on both the Azerbaijani underdogs in the wrestling finals. I think Asgarov @ 65kg is a decent bet, Gazyumov @96kg not so much. But who knows.
Too bad it's only every 4 years, not often you get so many good chances at such long odds across a wide range of sports............

I would like to say I'm staying away for the last day after 'murica screwed me again (this time by winning when they were supposed to lose and eliminating the Iranian yesterday) but I've bet small for action on both the Azerbaijani underdogs in the wrestling finals. I think Asgarov @ 65kg is a decent bet, Gazyumov @96kg not so much. But who knows.
Too bad it's only every 4 years, not often you get so many good chances at such long odds across a wide range of sports............
Damn, was hoping Asgarov would be a bigger dog. What line did you get?

Back