RIP Malcolm Young of AC/DC

jdionio

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
From AC/DC's official FB page:

Today it is with deep heartfelt sadness that AC/DC has to announce the passing of Malcolm Young.

Malcolm, along with Angus, was the founder and creator of AC/DC.
With enormous dedication and commitment he was the driving force behind the band.
As a guitarist, songwriter and visionary he was a perfectionist and a unique man.
He always stuck to his guns and did and said exactly what he wanted.
He took great pride in all that he endeavored.
His loyalty to the fans was unsurpassed.

As his brother it is hard to express in words what he has meant to me during my life, the bond we had was unique and very special.

He leaves behind an enormous legacy that will live on forever.

Malcolm, job well done.

RIP

One of the best rhythm guitarists in Rock and Roll

malcolm_young_magic_by_renous-d3937sl.jpg

Let There Be Rock...

Best rock riff writer-ever. RIP.

Greatest hard rock band of all time.

R.i.p. Malcom

Here's the closest thing to a ballad AC/DC ever did. RIP Malcolm.

Malcolm Young had much to do with my development as a guitar player. Can't say how many hours I spent learning AC/DC tunes as a teenager.

Time is a funny thing, it has no meaning until your heroes start to disappear.

Such a huge inspiration for me... AC/DC is my #1 rock band. Got way too much memorabilia of them..
When I was about 12, I started to really get into AC/DC and loved Angus and Malcolm. Would run around and try play guitar like Angus.
I eventually got a job working with my nan and mum and saved up over $2,000 for a Gibson SG... took me years to do, but was so glad I finally owned a Gibson SG and that I actually earned it myself completely...

Rock in Peace, Malcolm & George <3 can't even imagine what Angus is going through, burying both his brothers in under 1 month...
Been a horrible year for everyone it seems.. lost my mum and cousin 6 months ago as well. Can't wait for this year to be over.

R.I.P

Back