RIP NORIFUMI "KID" YAMAMOTO

what i can't even believe it i remember him beating gekni sudo years ago in that awesome GP... damn rip.... this is super unexpected i know he had cancer but how old was he?

41? This doesn't even seem real, holy fuck.

RIP

Danm man just crazy how fast that shi t can set in and take you out we are fragile beings even the toughest of us , RIP

Guy was a 125lber competing at 155lbs. He was lightyears ahead of his time with his blend of wrestling and boxing. One of the all time P4P greats.

I feel bad for Horiguchi. Lost two of his mentors within a year of each other.

I'd like to think this would give him an extra push to beat Tenshin but truth is that he probably will be negatively affected.

Can't wait for the tribute vid at Rizin on 30/9

Feel for his family he has young kids, seems he was only diagnosed recently. R.I.P

Notifications brought me back to this thread, and I wish they hadn't. This is legitimately the saddest I've been as a fan of MMA.

Another case of proof that no one is immune to the shit that life can bring. Kid was a guy who was strong, who was in great shape, and who was taken anyway. No one is immune, anyone can truly go at anytime...

My7 God. Im so sorry to hear this. Absolute LEGEND.

Kid was an idol of mine
He was real pioneer all the lightweight fighters owe him a bit gratitude he pretty much forced himself in to main stage of mma

K-1 created a show centered around him because he was that talented and charismatic around the time the ufc had got rid of the lightweights and pride was showing Bushido on tape delay Sunday afternoon like it’s version of zuffa era wec

There was kid driving lambos being the biggest rockstar in all of mma

I still get my haircut like his 2002-2003ish era literally went to my barber about six or so years ago with a picture I screen capped and told them I want my taper like this
Quote for respect

Man not that long ago I heard he was dealing with cancer , and I was thinking ahh man hope he beats this.... Fuck cancer ..RIP Kid Yamamoto , and condolences to the Krazy Bee family ..

Kid was only MMA fighter I ever met. Worked on same corner as his gym at Shinohashi. Ran into him a few times at convenience store, he even said hi but I did not know what else to say except hi and a nod. I knew he spoke English. I thought about stopping by the gym for lessons, maybe meet his sisters, but never did it. Still he along with Pride brought me into the MMA fandom. Joined Sherdog to learn and converse more. Fond memories!

Kid was the original SWAG GOD of mixfight.

He really was. The threads, the cuts, the SWAGGER.

You can say he wasnt the greatest fighter of all time in mma, but he was definitely the COOLEST of all time.

He really was. The threads, the cuts, the SWAGGER.

You can say he wasnt the greatest fighter of all time in mma, but he was definitely the COOLEST of all time.

Big Facts.

Pushing Ferraris.
Swagged out in fresh drip.
Smoking hot girlfriend.
Nearly qualified for Japanese Olympic Wrestling Team.
KOd the legendary LW Genki Sudo in mixfight while being a 125er himself.
Dropped Masato in K-1.
Went to war with Zambidis in K-1.
Scored one of the greatest flying knee KOs ever.
Crushed a Gracie.
Had Yakuza goons come out to the ring with him.

What was not legendary about this man???

RIP KID.

Back