RIP Paul Allen

RIP.
Was a master of the universe. Owned several huge yachts that would make a Bond villain weep with envy.
555dea9769bedd7d04fc9714-750-375.jpg
Octopus.

Because I don't see that as distinctive of him. Apple, Facebook, Google, Amazon, and Twitter have been no better.

In Nadella's defense he has an actual dog to f**k, here. Piracy is a major threat to Microsoft in a way it isn't to any of those other corporations. Has it been any different in games, Jeff? You know it hasn't. Hell, Giant Bomb gave out a GOTY shame award a few years ago: "Stop shipping incomplete games". That is the industry's modus operandi, now. Everything is released incomplete, and patched in real-time.

I'm also confused because I just criticized the Windows 7 subscription which is why I jokingly said, "Let's not speak of that." What's the alternative, btw? Linux? The company that just SJW'd their namesake founder?

I'm defending his business record. Microsoft has done a lot better since his strategy shift.

Piracy is your excuse? Bullshit. You might pirate some software so we're just going to record everything you do. That's a fucking piss pour excuse and you know it.
Piracy in games is a non factor. It's almost always, 99.9% of the time, a company putting out a shitty product and instead of fessing up to it they blame their poor sales on piracy.
Nadella has definitely made his shareholders rich, but has fucked over the consumer in the process.

When I die I want you all to kill yourselves so you can be with me in the afterlife.

Piracy is your excuse? Bullshit. You might pirate some software so we're just going to record everything you do. That's a fucking piss pour excuse and you know it.
Piracy in games is a non factor. It's almost always, 99.9% of the time, a company putting out a shitty product and instead of fessing up to it they blame their poor sales on piracy.
Nadella has definitely made his shareholders rich, but has fucked over the consumer in the process.
My excuse? Do you think I owe Microsoft some personal defense? It's a valid point. None of those other companies is threatened by piracy.

I'm praising his business record, not his business ethics. Look at the stock since he took over in 2014. Ballmer kept pushing hard in the smartphone space when it was an obvious disaster, and a market they had already belatedly missed. For some reason he didn't realize that. Nadella did. He shifted to a more intensive model pushing the hybrid form factor, and he's the reason we have seen a semi-merge of the Xbox and Windows platforms which has benefited PC gamers so greatly.

You know who I blame for the sins of Silicon Valley? Complacent consumers.

Goes to show not even all the money in the world can save you from the big C.

When will they come up with a cure for that shit damnit. Will they ever?

He helped shape a generation and an industry. Most could never think of even doing one of those things let alone two.

NWWKcRb.jpg

Last edited:
This was the worst day for him to die because I just had a nightmare of a fucking day because Microsoft can’t make its own products work with one another. Fucking pisses me off. I have nothing nice to say.

RIP. Didn't even know he was sick. Knew him more for being the owner of the Seahawks and Blazers.

he shouldve donated his entire wealth to cancer research

RIP Paul your decision early on to buy the rights to a 50,000 operating system from Seattle Micro created 100 billion dollar business for Microsoft. Your work with Bill Gates along with moving to Boston to work at Honeywell turned out to be a game changer in computing.

RICH BUT LONELY: £17bn Microsoft genius dies at 65 without having realised his dream of having a wife and children
Co-founder of Microsoft Paul Allen led a life of luxury, owned a yacht costing $205m and was third richest in the world, but what he always hoped for was a wife and children.

Friends since Allen was aged 14 and Gates just 12 the pair developed the Windows program which operates almost 90 per cent of computer systems in the world.

As “heartbroken” Gates put it last last night that the “personal computing would not have existed without” Allen and Satya Nadella, Microsoft’s current chief executive, added “he changed the world.’’

The pair’s relationship soured when his diagnosis with non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma in 1983 meant he was too sick to devote as much time to the business as Gates.
NINTCHDBPICT0004419919714.jpg

y9hqlp6j

ybw3zomd

ya7465wr

[And nope he was not an incel

Allen once dated tennis star Monica Seles and was most recently seen out with movie executive Leigh Collier.
Yet he was accused of abusing his position of power with five female employees.

One of them, Abbie Phillips, took him to court for sexual assault before a private settlement saw the case dropped.

Her lawyer said in 1998 that Allen had a history of “developing crushes, lavishing gifts and vacations on, and then firing, married female employees’]

NINTCHDBPICT0004420985992.jpg

Having recovered from his illness Allen refused to sell his shares to Gates, but left the company in 2000 to invest in various businesses - and LOTS of toys.

Indeed, when it came to spending tech billions no one was in the same league as him.

He was the boy in the sweet shop who had the means to buy the sweet shop and the sweet manufacturer.

Worth £17billion he purchased the guitar Jimi Hendrix used at Woodstock, a fleet of World War II aircraft, a first folio by William Shakespeare, Captain Kirk’s chair from the original Star Trek TV show and an antenna to search for alien life.

But it couldn’t buy him the love and children he so desired.

When he released his memoirs seven years ago Allen said in a rare interview “I’m still optimistic. I still believe I’m going to meet somebody. I want to have a family.”

He died having never married and without an heir.

Shame this guy does not get to reproduce yet guys like Kevin Federline has 5+ kids.
kevin-federline-36-with-kids-sean-jayden-and-jordan-ftr.jpg

We are all good at different things. I wouldn't trade my kids lives for billions.

No seriously; I wouldn't.

I'd really like to have the money though.

Maybe the oldest at this point if I knew he was going to live a decent life without me.

RICH BUT LONELY: £17bn Microsoft genius dies at 65 without having realised his dream of having a wife and children
Co-founder of Microsoft Paul Allen led a life of luxury, owned a yacht costing $205m and was third richest in the world, but what he always hoped for was a wife and children.

Friends since Allen was aged 14 and Gates just 12 the pair developed the Windows program which operates almost 90 per cent of computer systems in the world.

As “heartbroken” Gates put it last last night that the “personal computing would not have existed without” Allen and Satya Nadella, Microsoft’s current chief executive, added “he changed the world.’’

The pair’s relationship soured when his diagnosis with non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma in 1983 meant he was too sick to devote as much time to the business as Gates.
NINTCHDBPICT0004419919714.jpg

y9hqlp6j

ybw3zomd

ya7465wr

[And nope he was not an incel

Allen once dated tennis star Monica Seles and was most recently seen out with movie executive Leigh Collier.
Yet he was accused of abusing his position of power with five female employees.

One of them, Abbie Phillips, took him to court for sexual assault before a private settlement saw the case dropped.

Her lawyer said in 1998 that Allen had a history of “developing crushes, lavishing gifts and vacations on, and then firing, married female employees’]

NINTCHDBPICT0004420985992.jpg

Having recovered from his illness Allen refused to sell his shares to Gates, but left the company in 2000 to invest in various businesses - and LOTS of toys.

Indeed, when it came to spending tech billions no one was in the same league as him.

He was the boy in the sweet shop who had the means to buy the sweet shop and the sweet manufacturer.

Worth £17billion he purchased the guitar Jimi Hendrix used at Woodstock, a fleet of World War II aircraft, a first folio by William Shakespeare, Captain Kirk’s chair from the original Star Trek TV show and an antenna to search for alien life.

But it couldn’t buy him the love and children he so desired.

When he released his memoirs seven years ago Allen said in a rare interview “I’m still optimistic. I still believe I’m going to meet somebody. I want to have a family.”

He died having never married and without an heir.

Shame this guy does not get to reproduce yet guys like Kevin Federline has 5+ kids.
kevin-federline-36-with-kids-sean-jayden-and-jordan-ftr.jpg

That one on the left is a winner

I can totally believe a guy like that fired married female employees. But he is still a great man. Great men do shitty things too. The difference is that they also do great things. Seriously though, someone needs to explain to me why MS can’t make their shit work with their other shit. Getting MS products to work together is a fucking nightmare.

I can only imagine the quality of whores this dude had acess to.

Oh, btw, he's not dead and I don't find this thread funny anymore.

I had lunch with him last week.

He's done about as well as anyone could ask once he realized the Windows Phone was going nowhere. That was a cash suck for a good while. Then they realized the Surface hybrids were their way forward in the touchscreen OS space. It's been much smoother sailing since then.

We'll ignore the Windows 7 subscription fiasco. Just don't talk about it.

Paul Allen hasn't been involved with M$haft since DOS.

Back