RIP Vinnie Paul

Go jam with your brother bro r.i.p. Saw them on TGSTK tour. Far Beyond Driven was always one of my top favorite metal albums and Vinnie crushes it on that record, they all do.

Vinny and Darrell were pantera

Phil Anselmo took them from being a band that just sold 30,000 or 40,000 albums of each release to selling millions of albums. You can't even buy the Pantera albums without Phil - they're bad enough that nobody in Pantera wanted them heard anymore after they recorded Cowboys From Hell so they made them unavailable to the public.. If Vinnie and Dime didn't need Phil then Damageplan would have been a lot better than it was. Damageplan never got out of playing clubs. Maybe now they'll make the early albums available since obviously we're not going to get any new Pantera ever again and most people haven't heard it yet.

R.I.P.
Brothers reunited.

Dgd2MkhUEAAkz2y.jpg

R.I.P.

It really sucks because I've just got into Pantera. Legend.

Phil Anselmo took them from being a band that just sold 30,000 or 40,000 albums of each release to selling millions of albums. You can't even buy the Pantera albums without Phil - they're bad enough that nobody in Pantera wanted them heard anymore after they recorded Cowboys From Hell so they made them unavailable to the public.. If Vinnie and Dime didn't need Phil then Damageplan would have been a lot better than it was. Damageplan never got out of playing clubs. Maybe now they'll make the early albums available since obviously we're not going to get any new Pantera ever again and most people haven't heard it yet.
I think you misunderstood where I'm coming from..Vinny and dime created pantera and there for are pantera..
It's a symbiotic relationship. Phil needed them and they needed him.
There's no denying that.
But regardless of that. I was just paying my respects to a dude who was in a band who's music I loved.

You really didn't have to pull what I said apart and talk about it.
You could have just paid your respects .

RIP. Vince was a good guy from what I've heard. I only met Dime many years ago before he was killed and he was cool as heck. Love both Pantera and DamagePlan.

Rest in peace.

He passed away too young.

Umm. You can definitely get ahold of them. I have them all.

Saw Pantera in 1996 with Biohazard and Neurosis.

The drummer seems to be the power behind the throne in most bands.

RiP. Him and his bro always seemed to be most down to earth guys

I dont agree totally with what you are saying. You cant give Phil all the credit for their success. He was the final ingredient that gave them a concrete direction to go to,which is very important,but he didnt fucking write the album for them. Without Phil,yes,they did become rudderless. But they all contributed mightily to the success,and the quality of music of the band,especially Dime. Floods is his masterwork,an absolute triumph. I would say Vinny and Dime COULD have been successful if they had a bandleader who had a real vision to help guide them and inspire them to give their best,but they didnt have that. This is how many bands work,but Phil didnt remain popular on his own either. He needed excellent musicians to bring his vision to life otherwise it doesnt work. He has been more lucky in that regard than his bandmates.

I dont agree totally with what you are saying. You cant give Phil all the credit for their success.

I don't give Phil credit for all their success; I merely contrasted their level of success pre-Phil to with Phil and it's a staggering difference.

R.I.P.

It really sucks because I've just got into Pantera. Legend.

Something similar happened to me with Chuck Schuldiner and Death. Know the feeling and I was a big metalhead in my teens for a while, so I was like wtf I find these guys as good as Slayer, Pantera? Chuck played the role as a Hetfield/Mustaine but who could also have insane solos better or on par with his lead guitarist. That was never really the case with James or Dave.

Back