Rival Gloves?

Practical Goat

Knowledge Seeker
@White
Reaction score
Thinking of purchasing a set of Rival gloves.. Seem a good price and a lad at the gym let me use his (RS2V) and they felt good... Was wondering which models are good and shit really.

RB1? RS2? RB11? RF3? etc etc.. lol.

Assuming RB is Rival Bag gloves and RS is Rival Sparring gloves... Does the higher the number mean a better model?

Was thinking of getting the RS2V as a general purpose kinda glove.. Light sparring (i'm only a beginner) and pad work. Are these any good?

Thank you.

I'm from the UK and the RS2V fits my budget of £120. Looked at the BGV9 as well... I'll be buying this week so will shut up with all the glove questions then.

Never used Rival. So honestly I can't give you any feed back on them. The BGV9's are solid gloves so I'm sure Rival with a bigger world profile would make some solid gloves as well.

RB1 are pretty good gloves. If the thumbs were longer, I would have them for bag work. The Freemanfiber syntec leather is imo indestructible. Lots of people are out off by syntec, but personally I don't care too much.

RS2V is a solid glove. Probably my favorite glove.from Rival. Velcro is super sticky as oppose to the RB11 and RS11 model. A bit a pain in the ass to do/undo once the fist glove is on tho. Padding is super protective too. Just don't know how fast the padding will bottom out if you use them mostly on the bag and pads. They have a roomy hand pocket but with wraps, they are comfy. If i were you I would get them. If they are good enough for the pros, they are good enough for us lol

BGV9 ,like I said before, are amazing gloves. But not for sparring.

RB1 are pretty good gloves. If the thumbs were longer, I would have them for bag work. The Freemanfiber syntec leather is imo indestructible. Lots of people are out off by syntec, but personally I don't care too much.

RS2V is a solid glove. Probably my favorite glove.from Rival. Velcro is super sticky as oppose to the RB11 and RS11 model. A bit a pain in the ass to do/undo once the fist glove is on tho. Padding is super protective too. Just don't know how fast the padding will bottom out if you use them mostly on the bag and pads. They have a roomy hand pocket but with wraps, they are comfy. If i were you I would get them. If they are good enough for the pros, they are good enough for us lol

BGV9 ,like I said before, are amazing gloves. But not for sparring.

Rival told me that they fixed the short thumb issue with the RB1's recently. I had a pair of them a few years ago and the thumbs were definitely too short.

Rival told me that they fixed the short thumb issue with the RB1's recently. I had a pair of them a few years ago and the thumbs were definitely too short.

Nice to know will have to stop by the store to try them on. Thanks.

Got RB11... I lvoed them...4 yaers.. 2-3 bag trainign a week and they are still in perfect shape.

RB11-Black.jpg

I'Ve tryed Hayubasa-Fairtex and still prefer my Rival

my favorites are my Reyes...but that's another ballgame

Has anyone used the evolutions for sparring? When I went to the Rival store to feel them they are hard as a fucking rock. How long do these take to break in, and are they good sparring gloves when they finally do?

I just bought the evolutions, and agree they are insanely hard. I've only gotten a few rounds on the heavy bag with them and won't use them for sparring until they break in a bit. That seems a long way off though....

Got RB11... I lvoed them...4 yaers.. 2-3 bag trainign a week and they are still in perfect shape.

What about the velcro ? Last time I went to the store, the velcro appeared to be not too sticky.

Also heard it does not last very long. Surprised yours lasted that long

Yeah Seabass...know 4 guys @ my gym who have them and they all hold up great.

Living in Quebec i am 30min away from Rivals store and our Coach has an arrangment with them.

Yeah Seabass...know 4 guys @ my gym who have them and they all hold up great.

Living in Quebec i am 30min away from Rivals store and our Coach has an arrangment with them.

Nice to know. I am on the south shore so 30-40 min from the store.

I guess I will have to go do some shopping lol

I train @ Club de Boxe Lafreniere in St-Clet...love it there

Sometime I go to my brother gym when i'm around @ Bravado in Brossard

I have the RB11 Evolution bag gloves. I consider them to be high quality bag gloves with excellent feedback and solid wrist support. The padding is very hard, though, so I would avoid them if you want "pillows".

Back