RIZIN.10 - FUKUOKA: May 6th 1:30 AM EST - Live Discussion Thread

Kyoji, only 9 seconds. They need to find a challenge for him.

time for McCall to hang'em up

So when that move fails, as it did later, Tenshin just gets to lie there safely as ref separates his opponent then gets up. Tenshin also fell in the clinch to but acted like he was taken down, though sometimes he was tackled, but he hammed up a few clinches. Outcome would not have changed Tenshin clearly the better kick boxer but was not entertained by this type of bout.
giphy.gif
whe

Rematch would make sense
Kai might have edged out a decision but the eye poke left me sympathetic to Kape's bitter attitude on the split. The fight was close Kape did damage mainly in 1st which showed but he also got taken down 2nd and fairly even 3rd. I saw it as a draw.

Kai might have edged out a decision but the eye poke left me sympathetic to Kape's bitter attitude on the split. The fight was close Kape did damage mainly in 1st which showed but he also got taken down 2nd and fairly even 3rd. I saw it as a draw.

Yeah, some good points. Definitely was a close fight.

That sucks but I am sure there should be videos up soon.
Yeah I saw some already, looked fun. I should've known better than to get stoned and watch it in bed. My sleep schedule thanks me though.

So when that move fails, as it did later, Tenshin just gets to lie there safely as ref separates his opponent then gets up.

that's really not just Tenshin but many other kickboxer that use the rolling thunder kick. has been part of Kickboxing and Full Contact Karate ever since. Drains stamina like nothing else, barely does anything in 99% of cases, and is a bad look in the eyes of the judges if it fails since you give up poise and balance for it.

fair trade off and tenshin was using it only because he knew he would get away with it vs a low level opponent.

I don't really care how many seconds Horiguchi needed to win. His biggest problem is playing harmless (almost like sport BJJ) guard that makes his opponent think he's safe inside Horiguchi's guard. Until I see Horiguchi's improved guard position, I would not say his homework has been done after a loss to Johnson.

Watching it yesterday I thought the Rizin card was a bit below average, but nice to see Horiguchi, Tenshin, and Cruickshank getting some attention from it. Plus the event seemed to help build the future quite a bit, so I think it was a overall success.

6.1% TV rating and 7,910 tickets sold being reported. Rating is pretty typical for RIZIN, will have to wait for a more detailed breakdown. The tickets are about 200 more than their last Fukuoka event and they are probably pretty happy with that number.

I think those shorts may have been painted on.

0SgeDZZ.png

4VAzUF1.png

vRuBtx1.jpg

MMA protege with benefits.
Barnett must has been smashing that like forever.
I can't imagine how it's like when he was probably raging mad after she lost to Oliveira.

I think Barnett makes Alyssa Garcia wear these outfits to get a good view.

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Back