RIZIN.10 - FUKUOKA: May 6th 1:30 AM EST - Live Discussion Thread

It's tricky to evaluate what this rating means for RIZIN because they had things working for and against them;

On the helping side, Fuji supported them by having Tenshin on a very popular variety show as a direct lead in to the RIZIN broadcast, which in turn started off immediately with Tenshin's entrance, which should definitely have helped ratings.

However, the RIZIN broadcast had to compete with a hugely popular show on a rival network that targets the same demographic as RIZIN, which should definitely have hurt their ratings.

Overall, I guess you could classify the rating as middling, good but not great, solid. Which has been a trend for RIZIN over the past shows: They have consolidated their audience and show no signs of falling off, but they are not taking off either. They are incrementally inching forward. They have managed to be much more cost efficient however, as they can now draw the same ratings using their own talent without having to shell out the big bucks for name fighters.
I think they would be more happy with the attendance. The ratings are lower than what Fuji allegedly wants but this was also kind of a B-side card, though their previous ratings failed to meet it as well. Hopefully we get some big Saitama events and things start to shape up

That was worth my $20. Enjoyed reading this thread after the fact.

Just can't stay up that late and then git up with the kid at 7:30am the next day. Ah, fatherhood.

RIZIN may have to start looking into other broadcasting avenues, they need a big 2nd half of the year for sure and can't keep pulling these middling ratings

Rating for every major MMA promotion seems to be getting smaller and smaller. Not sure the last time I've seen a long term rating upswing.

I wonder if this will force Rizin to move ahead with Kanna/Rena 2 in July.

Also hopefully Horiguchi vs. Tenshin does them good. They've both been getting a lot of attention lately.

Plus were still on with Crocop at NYE right?

Last edited:
We can fix this; Gabi should get a shot at Takada for the public shaming. Also Kandori/Chigusa Nagayo vs the atomweights.

We still dont know how long their deal with Fuji was unfortunately or we may get a better idea of where they stand in the long term scheme of things

Back