RIZIN.10 - FUKUOKA: May 6th 1:30 AM EST - Live Discussion Thread

HAmasaki and McCall are good so card is not bad. Is the other girl good?

Looking forward to this. I always watch the aftermath on YouTube. Can I watch this on my laptop using FiteTV PPV or just check my TV provider?

I still believe in belts and opponents earning their way to them. I'm old fashioned I know.
You have to forget about UFC or boxing system, it is not the only one. You have to open your mind.

Grand Prix title is also championship title and it also represents the best fighter.

For example, in Pride there existed a dualism of sister-titles, divisional title and Grand Prix. Grand prix title was of equal worth as divisional title, and it also represented the best fighter in the world. In fact, GP title was older than divisional one, Coleman won it in 2000.
Grand Prix is not just a tournament, it is not tournament of contenders. In Pride divisional champion enters Grand Prix equally with all other participants, and if he fails to win it, he is not the best fighter any more even if he still holds divisional belt in his house. GP winner overtakes him.
Example: Shogun won GP in 2005 and became new no. 1, but Wanderlei was still divisional champion.
If Fedor lost in 2004 or 2006 Grand Prix, winner of GP would be the best fighter in the world, even if Fedor still held divisional title.

K-1 also had Grand Prix system, and the best fighters was determined there each year. There were no lineal defenses of belt.
Pride took Grand Prix concept from K-1 and incorporated it.

In Pride, Grand Prix belt and divisional belt are of equal value, and they both represent the best fighter at certain time.

Last edited:
damn, japanese mma is dead on the water.

I wish Rizin would just combine with Bellator for the Pride nostalgia. I love the ring and production quality they just need the fighters. Without K1 being as big anymore it's tough to find hype for any fighter that Western viewers can get pumped about.

it's the same 2 fighters fighting, though...
It's a matter of how the whole company is run. If I feel like there's a sense of progression, that guys who win can climb the ranks and ultimately be chosen to compete for the title, I'm more likely to have interest in entire cards, as there becomes long term stories I can follow and enjoy.

If there's no rhyme or reason behind anything and McCall gets a title shot 'just because', I lose interest in a product, compared to if McCall were to face Kape in a rematch, and winner faces Horiguchi.

I understand there's differences in JMMA as @DayV mentioned, and that a company like Rizin can't always pick and choose, but I'm just pointing out how I personally enjoy MMA most.

belts are a silly gimmick. i believe this holds true for virtually every mma org right now.

damn, japanese mma is dead on the water.
No, it's not. Not even close. Rizin last shows were better than most UFC PPVs. Hamasaki, Guchi and Kanna are all top fighters worldwide.
I wish Rizin would just combine with Bellator for the Pride nostalgia. I love the ring and production quality they just need the fighters. Without K1 being as big anymore it's tough to find hype for any fighter that Western viewers can get pumped about.
You never heard of KSW? Lol

Rizin cards are events.

Like the good old days when you waited MONTHS for the next Pride show.

Wish they would have rematched McCall and Kape, but still really looking forward to this!

Shame no Rena tho :(
The only news I have on Rena is she will be competing for this year Shoot Boxing tournament (assumingly July) So probably Sept or NYE is when she'll fight who knows

Rizin cards are events.

Like the good old days when you waited MONTHS for the next Pride show.
I do think if you're going to wait 5 months to put on a card, it has to be a bit better than the one they are delivering May 6th.

I say that as someone who will be ordering the show to watch Horiguchi, Kanna, and Tachi. It's good, but May 6th is the one and only show they had to focus on for the first 6.5 months of 2018. Wish they were making some more noise.

Last edited:
I do think if you're going to wait 5 months to put on a card, it has to be a bit better than the one they are delivering May 6th.

I say that as someone who will be ordering the show to watch Horiguchi, Kanna, and Tachi. It's good, but May 6th is the one and only show they had to focus on for the first 6.5 months of 2018. Wish they were making some more noise.

Some small changes would make a big difference on this card.

Ayaka Hamasaki vs Deep Jewels Champion Mina Kurobe

Kanna Asakura vs. Alyssa Garcia - to see if Kanna can get that loss back

Big Changes:

Tenshin facing an actual kickboxer

Some small changes would make a big difference on this card.

Ayaka Hamasaki vs Deep Jewels Champion Mina Kurobe

Kanna Asakura vs. Alyssa Garcia - to see if Kanna can get that loss back

Big Changes:

Tenshin facing an actual kickboxer
I agree with that. Also McCall vs. Kape 2 could have been the show selling co-main while Horiguchi remained on the card vs. someone else.

I agree with that. Also McCall vs. Kape 2 could have been the show selling co-main while Horiguchi remained on the card vs. someone else.
Kape vs Kai Asakura is the more entertaining, action packed fight.

Back