Rumored RIZIN and K-1 to co-promote for NYE. Plus, RENA is back!

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/boxi...iao-rematch-boxing/1xafsyqgri6u81v0q7cz3d4mcd

Floyd has been planning to fight a boxing match in Japan since September, why not co-promote his match with the biggest fighting promotion in Japan right now? It wouldn't be the first time he's co-promoted with an MMA event and would be a good way to avoid messing with the Yakuza. A main event boxing match with an MMA and kickboxing under-card. It would be beautiful.

Yup, and that is what is planned.

I think it's more to do with also knowing that Japan loves Japan first. If there isn't a Japanese superstar... interest in all fightsports dies like it did those years between Dream and Rizin.
True. They haven't had a Saku in a long time. Even in DREAM Saku was so shot, he wasn't at that superstar level anymore. Aoki was never really the guy in the same way. Tenshin has done all of the things to make a perfect storm and bring it all back. Mainly win, but also win in exciting fashion consistently, and bring flair to it the way he does. Even for gaijin he's exciting to watch, his talent is apparent, and he makes us want more. And, if he is exciting for us all around the world, like you alluded to, his countrymen will love him even more and support the shit out of him.

So glad this kid came along. The years after DREAM and Sengoku were so dull. I like DEEP and I like Pancrase, but they just don't have that same feeling that you get from watching a PRIDE, or a DREAM, or a HERO*S, or a Sengoku, or a RIZIN. Bc of Tenshin, we may get RIZIN for a long, long time. For at least a while, anyway. And I will watch the UFCs and the Bellators and the PFLs and the ONEs and all of the rest, but JMMA has some special shit that those other orgs just don't or can't have. A swagger and a style that just can't be duplicated. I hope that this NYE card does lights out. And, hopefully, it is under the Dynamite!!! banner.

Last edited:
wtf?

i can't fathom why floyd would even do this. is rizin pulling $100M to give him?

Mayweather spotted in Japan with RIZIN higher-ups

Tenshin tweeted earlier this week "Lets change the world"

NRbc2cZ.gif

do I get a gold star

True. They haven't had a Saku in a long time. Even in DREAM Saku was so shot, he wasn't at that superstar level anymore. Aoki was never really the guy in the same way. Tenshin has done all of the things to make a perfect storm and bring it all back. Mainly win, but also win in exciting fashion consistently, and bring flair to it the way he does. Even for gaijin he's exciting to watch, his talent is apparent, and he makes us want more. And, if he is exciting for us all around the world, like you alluded to, his countrymen will love him even more and support the shit out of him.

So glad this kid came along. The years after DREAM and Sengoku were so dull. I like DEEP and I like Pancrase, but they just don't have that same feeling that you get from watching a PRIDE, or a DREAM, or a HERO*S, or a Sengoku, or a RIZIN. Bc of Tenshin, we may get RIZIN for a long, long time. For at least a while, anyway. AMD I will watch the UFCs AMD the Bellators and the PFLs and the ONEs and all of the rest, but JMMA has some special shit that those other orgs just don't or can't have. A swagger and a style that just can't be duplicated. I hope that this NYE card does lights out. And, hopefully, it is under the Dynamite!!! banner.

Well said!

Well said!
It is important that we have JMMA. It represents a completely different dimension of the fight game. The rules, the rounds, the ring, the judging criteria, those things affect the entire fight, and, imo, in a much better and more exciting way. Gono btw wasn't wrong about fight configuration affecting the evolution of the sport. It changed it so much, to a detriment, imo. Aside from Japan, we don't really get these kinds of fights. ONE tweaks it a little, with the different rule set and judging, and keeping the five min rounds and cage from the west, they're somewhere in the middle, and it's cool and all. But we need JMMA. We need RIZIN to succeed. We NEED an alternative to what we have throughout the Western world. Unified rules, they're fine. I still enjoy watching the fights. There are amazing combatants in the West. But the real test is in the East, in Japan. PRIDE rules is the closest thing we have to a legitimate no rules fight. It is beautiful to watch. And it needs to survive (forever). Floyd and Tenshin are doing us all the biggest solid ever as JMMA fans. They're basically ensuring that we get to appreciate these fights for some time to come. I admire them for it.

It is important that we have JMMA. It represents a completely different dimension of the fight game. The rules, the rounds, the ring, the judging criteria, those things affect the entire fight, and, imo, in a much better and more exciting way. Gono btw wasn't wrong about fight configuration affecting the evolution of the sport. It changed it so much, to a detriment, imo. Aside from Japan, we don't really get these kinds of fights. ONE tweaks it a little, with the different rule set and judging, and keeping the five min rounds and cage from the west, they're somewhere in the middle, and it's cool and all. But we need JMMA. We need RIZIN to succeed. We NEED an alternative to what we have throughout the Western world. Unified rules, they're fine. I still enjoy watching the fights. There are amazing combatants in the West. But the real test is in the East, in Japan. PRIDE rules is the closest thing we have to a legitimate no rules fight. It is beautiful to watch. And it needs to survive (forever). Floyd and Tenshin are doing us all the biggest solid ever as JMMA fans. They're basically ensuring that we get to appreciate these fights for some time to come. I admire them for it.

Great post. I agree on everything you said. This event is going to be huge. I wonder if the event will air on PPV in the west on television. I'd imagine they need some sort of TV deal in the US.

Ticket sales looking good so far

Oh, that's cool! Would be cool under the Rizin banner with Floyd's teammates fighting on it.
Not going to happen. Pacquiao just signed a deal with PBC and his fighters are also part of the deal. Unless Floyd and Haymon bought 50% of Rizin that would never happen: this is an exhibition 3-4 rounds not a regulated boxing match. If Floyd and Pac-Man fight again it would be another big ppv Card from PBC not Rizin

Is this going to be in Saitama arena? They should be able to sell out the 37k seats ,....

Is this going to be in Saitama arena? They should be able to sell out the 37k seats ,....

It is in Saitama. Only the 7000 yen seats remain already. Selling out fast it appears.

7000 yen seats also gone. Rizin will easily sell out the stadium. Why didn't they increase ticket prices significantly for this one? They missed a lot of value.

Back