RIZIN Fighting World Grand Prix 2015: Day 2 PBP (Discussion) 1am EST

Jiri looked like he was doing a rendition of the Walking Dead with his striking.

in conclusion I had more fun watching rizin then I have watching a mma event in a long time. Loved it. Happy new year guys

and to piss off the hater FEDOR IS BACK!!!!!!!!

Good job to the hardcore fans for spreading the word because Rizin is trending on social media. That's pretty much incredible that many people stayed up to watch it. The hardcore fans are special indeed.

serious

there were so many amazing moments between the two shows

Are people joking when they say this??

Bunch of freakshow fights, the ropes interfered with the fights and apart from a couple of KOs, it wasn't anything special.

Am I the only one who didn't think the fights were all that good?

They were allright, but all of the fighters are all old now, Bob Sapp, Sakuraba, Fedor, Peter Aerts ... 10 years ago, it might have been interesting. Watching these fights made me feel old ...

Also, made me appreciate the octagon more, watching fights in a ring has way too many interruptions.

I'm surprised by the "best MMA event eva" comments on here.

They were allright, but all of the fighters are all old now, Bob Sapp, Sakuraba, Fedor, Peter Aerts ... 10 years ago, it might have been interesting. Watching these fights made me feel old ...

Also, made me appreciate the octagon more, watching fights in a ring has way too many interruptions.

I agree 100 percent.

mo has 2 ko's in three fights and another fight that was on the feet 95% of the time. yet the next time he fights, people will say "well here goes another lay n pray fight from mo!"

Did you see the first night of fights?

Did you see the first night of fights?

Naw, well, not all of it, but which fights do you recommend I watch? I saw the King Mo fights already and the Saku/Aoki fight (which I believe was on the first night) ...

Naw, well, not all of it, but which fights do you recommend I watch? I saw the King Mo fights already and the Saku/Aoki fight (which I believe was on the first night) ...
Almost every fight from DAY 1 ended with a KO, so you can check the whole event out.
From today, Souwer's, Krom vs Yamamoto and Jiri vs Nemkov were very entertaining fights.

Almost every fight from DAY 1 ended with a KO, so you can check the whole event out.
From today, Souwer's, Krom vs Yamamoto and Jiri vs Nemkov were very entertaining fights.

Watching Krom v Yamamoto now as we speak.

I'm not saying the fight card was terrible, it was alright ... but reading comments like "best card ever", "never been this entertained in my life" ... are a bit OTT IMO ... like, it wasn't that good.

Japan failed horribly with their freak show matches tonight. Never again should akebono be paid to "compete" lol. Atleast before the freak shows were entertaining.

Rizin day 1 was one of the best events all year. Rizin day 2 was the more interesting event however it wasn't the better showcase. I feel like if you combine these two cards it's somewhat genius because they were successful without many ranked fighters.

Can somebody tell me whats up with Japanese and freak fights? I mean why do they attract them? I guess its an interesting spectacle, but haven't we seen time and a time again how they always suck? I mean look at this Sapp vs Akebono 2 crap. Everyone knew it was gonna be shit fight, but I bet many people there were still excited for it. Is there something more to this that I just dont understand? Apparently they always pay Bob Sapp huge payments for these jokes as well

Why did Gabi not work her stand up before tonight?

Rizin day 1 was one of the best events all year. Rizin day 2 was the more interesting event however it wasn't the better showcase. I feel like if you combine these two cards it's somewhat genius because they were successful without many ranked fighters.

Really I think the key to building success will be tapping into the eastern European talent base, maybe look for some kickboxing crossovers as well.

Back