RIZIN Fighting World Grand Prix 2015: Day 2 PBP (Discussion) 1am EST

Just finished watching it. Pretty good. There were definitely some stinkers. Not as good as night 1.

I didn't like the some little things. I miss the blue gloves. Guys going through the ropes is still a bit of a problem, but that's part of the show i guess.

Fedor looked about what i expected. He is almost 40 years old. He looked good for 40 but there's now way he can't be a lesser version of what he was. Still, if he wants to fight, good for him. I love watching him. Kron fight was cool. The Sapp vs Akibono was a complete embarrassment and luckily i wasn't watching live and was able to fast forward through the thing.

Andy Souwer looked awesome.

Nobody here talk about the new epic Fedor entrance song???????????

I give Rizin 2 a 7.5/10, just because of the ridiculous fights. Did I expect anything different? No, of course not, but it was still ugly to see. Rena, Souwer, Kron, and the GP made up for it, though. Gabi's fight was complete hilarity but I'm kinda disappointed she completely forgot her BJJ instincts.

Are people joking when they say this??

Bunch of freakshow fights, the ropes interfered with the fights and apart from a couple of KOs, it wasn't anything special.

i wouldn't presume to speak for others, but certainly i'm not joking

there were real competitive fights, awesome carnival fights, and no shortage of spectacular highlights between both

in short, it was nye in japan

you should have just relaxed and enjoyed the ride, guy

Naw, well, not all of it, but which fights do you recommend I watch? I saw the King Mo fights already and the Saku/Aoki fight (which I believe was on the first night) ...

seriously watch the first event in its entirety

i love the circus fights, but if that's not your thing, the previous even will be more to your liking

Can somebody tell me whats up with Japanese and freak fights? I mean why do they attract them? I guess its an interesting spectacle, but haven't we seen time and a time again how they always suck? I mean look at this Sapp vs Akebono 2 crap. Everyone knew it was gonna be shit fight, but I bet many people there were still excited for it. Is there something more to this that I just dont understand? Apparently they always pay Bob Sapp huge payments for these jokes as well

Yes, I know that they sell (for some reason), but thats what I dont understand: why do these freak show fights sell and why are they so interested in them even though its easy to predict that those fights will suck?

i think it's simpler than you're making it

imagine you're outside and you see two guys fighting

let's also imagine that neither of them are particularly skilled

you're still interested though, right?

you're going to watch it, yes?

now imagine these two guys look like Bob Sapp and Akebono

Last edited:
caught the spike delay without spoilers.

enjoyed it. just more fluidity to the action with the rules, ring. Yes, going through the ropes is annoying but atleast we can trust the fight wont spend it duration on the ropes.

only saw what spike showed...ward-hasegawa was excellent..kron-asen was swell, mo looked strong, souwer brutal, fedor as expected and great to see hom and jmma back

Jiri at the moment he got KO`d

arms down, chin up, head well in front of the toes, legs parallel

2e71af7a44a343819bfe58611e9665e9.png

this guy broke all the rules of stand up in the moment he got hit by that bomb...no wonder he dropped like a sack of potatoes

Aldoesque is Jiri in his rule breaking, Joe

I am happy for Andy Souwer wins, against Kron Gracie could be good

Japan failed horribly with their freak show matches tonight. Never again should akebono be paid to "compete" lol. Atleast before the freak shows were entertaining.
Who is the woman in your avatar?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back