RIZIN Fighting World Grand Prix 2016 - 1st Round PBP Discussion (9/24 @ 2 AM EST)

I just watched it. Krazy horse stole the show! Very fun event! I feel bad for Wanderlei though..

Just watched the whole thing, managed to not have it spoiled...

Holy shit was that amazing

Krazy Horse - Crocop & Wand - Ring girls in Space Suits

Japan, I've missed you

I don't know what the UFC champion's clause entails, but Weidman for example finished the last fight on his contract by winning the title in order to be in a better negotiating position, so I guess that means there is some leeway.

If a fighter has a contract and it expires, I guess the clause means they can sue you to stop you from fighting in another organization. From what I read, the UFC's clause is for one year, so I guess either you resign or you have sit out a year and leave.

If Lowen still has at least one fight left on his ONE FC contract and doesn't want to win the title to avoid being locked down, I don't know what he's waiting for to finish it, unless they won't give him a fight.

Unfortunately it doesn't work like that. There is no sit out a year then leave option, in UFC, Bellator, or ONE. Once you're the champ, you have to lose your belt or retire (for good).

That's why Anderson and Conor threatened to switch to boxing. They can't threaten to switch to another promotion, the only threat they have is retirement or changing sport.

Notice how Ronda lost her belt then was talking about retirement, she just needed leverage since losing her belt means a pay-cut... UFC can also cut your pay anytime you lose, and you have no choice to accept it.

Notice how Ronda, Rockhold, Anderson, Diaz, Lawler etc. all talked about retiring after just losing their belt, or while still being champ, or while being a number 1/2 contender? Notice how none of them did retire, and later when asked about it said they never actually considered retiring... They're just trying to gain some leverage since UFC has them all by the balls.

Unfortunately it doesn't work like that. There is no sit out a year then leave option, in UFC, Bellator, or ONE. Once you're the champ, you have to lose your belt or retire (for good).

That's why Anderson and Conor threatened to switch to boxing. They can't threaten to switch to another promotion, the only threat they have is retirement or changing sport.

Notice how Ronda lost her belt then was talking about retirement, she just needed leverage since losing her belt means a pay-cut... UFC can also cut your pay anytime you lose, and you have no choice to accept it.

Notice how Ronda, Rockhold, Anderson, Diaz, Lawler etc. all talked about retiring after just losing their belt, or while still being champ, or while being a number 1/2 contender? Notice how none of them did retire, and later when asked about it said they never actually considered retiring... They're just trying to gain some leverage since UFC has them all by the balls.

Can't a fighter just vacate their belt or refuse to fight until they get stripped and it no longer applies?

I would think retirement or a loss would not be the only options to an unhappy champion.

Someone needs to make a gif of Kimura doing the Wand hand roll on the ropes, then them panning from wand to Krazy Horse flipping them off.

Can't a fighter just vacate their belt or refuse to fight until they get stripped and it no longer applies?

I would think retirement or a loss would not be the only options to an unhappy champion.

I don't know about that.

They could refuse to fight but then they would still have to finish off the rest of the fights on their contract, and they'd be sidelined for a year or two before they even got there.

I have only one word for you, Sakakibara: Success! Bitch all you want about the lack of PR, or event planning before hand, but that was fucking awesome!

Sherbros, this is what JMMA needed, readily accessible content with community driven and banter filled events.

NYE should have a 29th tourney with Wandi v CroCop and Barnet v Fedor where winners face on the 31st NYE event! I'm sure Aoki and now Mark Hunt can be thrown in on that card some where given his views on the UFC.

I'd pay the PPV (or miles' playback service) for that and stay up and plan my entire holiday break around it like we did back in the day.

I'm a Pride Never die guy; and you can fuck right off. Go stick your tongue up Lord White's ass while jerking yourself off whilst watching AN OBVIOUSLY ROIDED WWF pro wrestler on your main cards instead of ruining what was an amazing event for most here. Its likely a better use of your time.

Seriously, shit like that doesn't make your (worn out) series any less boring, and you're not winning any more fans with that kind of attitude. Much less here.
Who said I love what the UFC is doing ? You are making assumptions there. This is an Internet forum where people have opinions. If it bothers you that someone disagrees with you maybe you should stop going to the library to use the wifi.

Idea: Krazy Horse vs Andy Souwer for the next Rizin event. Since Wandy is fighting Cro Cop, let's do it. It'd be chaos.

I'm seeing an 8.5% figure being thrown around for the average viewer rating which tops their NYE show if true

I see him being a big star in the future. Crazy skill for his second mma fight. Plus he just gets it,how to stand out. Has great charisma, a great style. Maybe he signs with the ufc in a few years and they finally end up with the Japanese star theyve been after. He could really help them expand their market there.
He needs better striking, but spinning back kick seemed to land solidly. Maybe not shave his head bald like samurai next time.

Catching up on the event now. Only saw like 3 fights last night and the Cro cop one this morning.

Idea: Krazy Horse vs Andy Souwer for the next Rizin event. Since Wandy is fighting Cro Cop, let's do it. It'd be chaos.
I am totally for this idea

t9bScLe.gif

So it looks like there's a secret "match" at Rizin on Sunday... maybe, not really sure what this is about?

Sakuaraba vs. Cup Noodle Emperor.... (I love Japan :confused::D)
saku%20cup%20noodles_zpsf5ixrar6.png

saku%20cup%20noodles%202_zpshpqtcqbi.png

saku%20cup%20noodles%203_zpsb7rxxxth.png

Sakuraba, cup noodles Emperor, and cup noodle Emperor father is a cartoonist boiled egg Takashi Shimada

http://efight.jp/news-20160918_246551 (right-click, then hit translate to english)

Anyone know what this is about?
What happened with Saku and Cup Noodle Emperor during the event?

What happened with Saku and Cup Noodle Emperor during the event?
Don't forget Cup Noodle Emperor!
Enlighten me, what did I miss?

Nothing really. They both cornered opposing fighters in the Kanako Murata and Kyra Batara fight. They came out with them during the walkouts and then just hung around by the ramp... that was a bust.

Just a marketing gimmick to celebrate 45 years of Cup Noodles.

Back