RIZIN FIGHTING WORLD GRAND PRIX 2017 Bantamweight Tournament 2nd ROUND - December 29 - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In 2018..kape-mccall 2 would be one of those marquee fights rizin needs regardless how kape does against horiguchi. Might end up being the first rivalry for rizin. Uncle creepy still fast as hell hope it happens in this rumored may rizin show.

It needs to happen.

There's a bit of history between the Japanese semi-finalists as Otsuka's last loss was against Ishiwatari whose only unavenged loss in past seven years was against Horiguchi.
Very cool history. You're right.

And Kape is this wild card who everyone's mad at because of the rope cut and promos. But he also held his own against McCall and is a quality finisher.

Last edited:
It's gonna be hard to keep horiguchi if he wins it all. He maybe get a ton of money to leave because he is clearly one of the best fighters under 155 in the world. It sucks that Japan focuses so importantly on the tv rating for NYE that it has had a bad effect on the talent level and events they can finance.

Glad this finished around 6:30 AM EST. It gave me enough time to get ready and head out and arrive at work early, meaning I can go home early today.

Can't wait for Saturday!

horiguchi is such a fuckin beast, still pissed he's not in the UFC anymore.

i'd legit favor this guy over like everyone not named MM at FLW, even joe b. maybe not cejudo because of the wrestling.

i think he's capable of giving MM his toughest fight if his TDD and cardio got better, MM wanted no part of the standup after awhile.

I think this shows just how good Mighty Mouse is.

horiguchi is such a fuckin beast, still pissed he's not in the UFC anymore.

i'd legit favor this guy over like everyone not named MM at FLW, even joe b. maybe not cejudo because of the wrestling.

i think he's capable of giving MM his toughest fight if his TDD and cardio got better, MM wanted no part of the standup after awhile.

Even though Horiguchi got swept in the DJ fight, I'm still going to show this knee which came quite close, and shows how fast he can cover distance.

giphy.gif

Even though Horiguchi got swept in the DJ fight, I'm still going to show this knee which came quite close, and shows how fast he can cover distance.

giphy.gif
yeah i honestly don't know if anyone can beat him in a straight standup fight.

i always got this feeling that he's one of those guys you're just not going to outpoint on the feet, and he can put you on your ass.

A little bit less than day 1 last year but a pretty strong number

That's 1,000 less than last year and half of the stadium as Saitama Super Arena can fit 37,000 depending on the setup.

Saiga vs. Asakura, Prochazka vs. Albrektsson and the all 4 of the BW GP 2nd round fights.
I'd say the alternate Bantamweight Tournament bout is worth it too. Birchak vs. Moon. Just in case.

A little bit less than day 1 last year but a pretty strong number

Sounds solid to me.

In comparison here's the UFC's attendance at the Saitama Super Arena since 2012.

02/26/2012 - 21,000 (Edgar vs. Henderson)
03/03/2013 - 14,682 (Silva vs. Stann)
09/20/2014 - 12,395 (Hunt vs. Nelson)
09/27/2015 - 10,137 (Barnett vs. Nelson)
09/23/2017 - 8,571 (Saint Preux vs. Okami)

When will Rena fight against that Spanish girl?

Random GIFs of Stuff I Noticed / Horiguchi vs. Oliveira

1. First Leg Kick
giphy.gif

First thing Horiguchi threw was a leg kick and it appeared pretty powerful. Oliveira made sure to check everything after - 10 seconds into the fight.

2. Knockdown #1

giphy.gif

This jab was the first “Oh boy” moment.

3. The Takedown

giphy.gif

Impressive work here considering Oliveira is the bigger man. In 2016 Horiguchi moved to American Top Team to improve his grappling and it looks like it helped.

4. Knockdown #2

giphy.gif

This right hand was the beginning of the end.

5. The Finish

giphy.gif

Now with the left hand Horiguchi delivers the fight ending shot. Really good performance.

Last edited:
Thanks, but won't the final be on 31st December? Is Rena Kubota going to fight 2 fights in a row?
You got it. The winner of Rena/Rivera faces the winner of Oliveira/Asakura later in the night.

Last edited:
You got it. The winner of Rena/Rivera faces the winner of Nasukawa/Hamamoto later in the night.
Nasukawa?? But Nasukawa is a man!!!

Also, when will it be Maria Oliveira vs that young Japanese fighter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back