RIZIN FIGHTING WORLD GRAND PRIX 2017 BW & Women's SAW Semifinal & Final ROUND - December 31 - Thread

E

Edwin

MOD NOTE: DO NOT ask for streams otherwise dubs will be handed out
DQzhyAXVoAAwwos.jpg

Event
: RIZIN FIGHTING WORLD GRAND PRIX 2017 Bantamweight Tournament & Women's Super Atomweight Semifinal & Final ROUND
Date: December 31, 2017
Time: 1:00 AM EST
Venue: Saitama Super Arena
Stream: FITE ($19.99)
2-Pack: FITE ($29.99) ~ (December 29th + December 31st)
DISH Pay-Per-View: $24.99

RIZIN 61.0 GP kg Final ~ 3 Rounds x 5 Minutes:
TBD vs. TBD

RIZIN 49.0 kg Women's GP Final ~ 3 Rounds x 5 Minutes:
TBD vs. TBD

RIZIN 57.0 kg Kickboxing GP Final ~ 3 rounds x 3 minutes:
TBD vs. TBD

120.0 kg ~ 1 Round x 10 Minutes + 1 Round x 5 Minutes:
Mirko Cro Cop (35-11-2, 1 NC) vs. Tsuyoshi Kosaka (27-19-2)

57.0 kg ~ 3 rounds x 5 minutes:
Shinju Nozawa Auclair (1-0) vs. Chelsea LaGrasse (0-0)

INTERMISSION

72.0 kg ~ 3 rounds x 5 minutes:
Takanori Gomi (35-14, 1 NC) vs. Yusuke Yachi (18-6)

RIZIN 49.0 kg Women's GP Semifinal ~ 3 Rounds x 5 Minutes:
Maria Oliveira (10-2) vs. Kanna Asakura (9-2)

RIZIN 49.0 kg Women's GP Semifinal ~ 3 Rounds x 5 Minutes:
RENA (5-0) vs. Irene Rivera (7-4)

RIZIN 57.0 kg Kickboxing GP Semifinal ~ 3 rounds x 3 minutes:
Mitsuhisa Sunabe vs. Yamato Fujita

Tenshin Nasukawa vs. Yuta "Cat" Hamamoto

RIZIN 61.0 GP kg Semifinal ~ 3 Rounds x 5 Minutes:
Kyoji Horiguchi (21-2) vs. Manel Kape (8-1)

RIZIN 61.0 GP kg Semifinal ~ 3 Rounds x 5 Minutes:
Shintaro Ishiwatari (24-6-4) vs. Takafumi Otsuka (24-13-1, 1 NC)​

Last edited by a moderator:
Did they already announce the matchups for the women's GP?

The EFC website states that one of Irene's strengths are "Unassuming submission skills" LMAO just what was needed to beat Miyuu

Miyuu messed up this tournament so badly lol..Irene Rivera is not a threat to anyone but someone has to fight her.

For me this tournament lacks legitimacy and suspense since we all know that Rena will dominate the winner of Kana/Oliveria. Both Kana and Oliveria are decision fighters so there is no chance of a quick finish in that match up so whoever wins will be fatigued and drained by the final..

I think they should have given Oliveria to Rena because Rena is the older and more experienced fighter and has been through plenty of tournaments

I don't see how Irene Rivera lasts more than 3 minutes against Rena. Miyuu would have at least been able to wrestle Rena for 5-8 minutes and drain a lot of her energy while Irene will just be a pad session for Rena

Bringing in weak fighters into tournaments is never a good idea because no matter what they always break the balance

The EFC website states that one of Irene's strengths are "Unassuming submission skills" LMAO just what was needed to beat Miyuu

Miyuu messed up this tournament so badly lol..Irene Rivera is not a threat to anyone but someone has to fight her.

For me this tournament lacks legitimacy and suspense since we all know that Rena will dominate the winner of Kana/Oliveria. Both Kana and Oliveria are decision fighters so there is no chance of a quick finish in that match up so whoever wins will be fatigued and drained by the final..

I think they should have given Oliveria to Rena because Rena is the older and more experienced fighter and has been through plenty of tournaments

I don't see how Irene Rivera lasts more than 3 minutes against Rena. Miyuu would have at least been able to wrestle Rena for 5-8 minutes and drain a lot of her energy while Irene will just be a pad session for Rena

Bringing in weak fighters into tournaments is never a good idea because no matter what they always break the balance

giving RENA any kind of striker is a slam dunk for her, would be easy work, at least she's shown grappling vulnerability before which factors into a Rivera matchup more heavily.

also these are 105lb girls, as long as they're in good shape they should be able to handle two fights in one night. we've seen it before from guys twice their size.

Oliveira vs asakura is a really good semi final match...

I'm going with Rena vs Oliveira in the finals

Better hope the 135 pound tourney pans out well match up wise. Not exactly pumped to see Rena coast and Cro Cop beat down TK.

These bantamweights are going to be absolutley battered and exhausted. Different from heavyweight were quick finishes are possible. A lot of these guys will be going to war from the first battle that weekend.

Updated card:

57.0 kg ~ 3 rounds x 5 minutes:
Shinju Nozawa Auclair (1-0) vs. Chelsea LaGrasse (0-0)

FITE is going to stream both events apparently. One for $19.99 or a pack with both for $29.99.

I'm buying the pack with both.

Added:

RIZIN 57.0 kg Kickboxing GP Semifinal
~ 3 rounds x 3 minutes:

Tenshin Nasukawa vs. TBD​

Added:

~ 3 rounds x 3 minutes:

hahaha, let's go sunabe.

Added:

~ 3 rounds x 3 minutes:

The 3 fights are going to be the 31st right? Including the finals?

Tenshin vs Takeru would be legit
Highly unlikely to happen. K-1 has a huge show coming up and won't risk their golden boy losing for another promotion to the star of another kickboxing promotion

Back