RIZIN FIGHTING WORLD GRAND PRIX 2017 Women's Super Atomweight Tournament 1st ROUND - Thread

Andy Nguyen lost an unanimous decision in her KotC AW Title fight. No idea why Rizin just didn't wait a week. They should just have done Miyuu Yamamoto vs Nguyen II.

Andy Nguyen lost an unanimous decision in her KotC AW Title fight. No idea why Rizin just didn't wait a week. They should just have done Miyuu Yamamoto vs Nguyen II.

She looked pretty bad in her loss. If her striking looks anywhere close to similar against RENA she's gonna get stopped quick.

Hamasaki vacated the Invicta AW, but she still has a contract there. Supposedly, the Invicta contract is stopping her from joining the Rizin tournament.

Sasahara - "Hamasaki also hears that there is still a contract with Invicta. If that is not completely clear ... everyone will want to go out after all."
http://ch.nicovideo.jp/dropkick/blomaga/ar1313242

Hamasaki vacated the Invicta AW, but she still has a contract there. Supposedly, the Invicta contract is stopping her from joining the Rizin tournament.

Sasahara - "Hamasaki also hears that there is still a contract with Invicta. If that is not completely clear ... everyone will want to go out after all."
http://ch.nicovideo.jp/dropkick/blomaga/ar1313242
Lol, so she vacated for no reason?

Lol, so she vacated for no reason?
She vacated because she wants to focus on strawweight, and getting that sweet Reebok money before retiring.

No, seriously, she wants to fight in the UFC.

Rizin knows their fan base isn't gonna be looking up Nguyen's record. Hell, most of them are only gonna remember her armbarring Yamamoto.

If anything, Rizin execs are probably sitting back smoking cigars, much more confident in RENA winning.

She vacated because she wants to focus on strawweight, and getting that sweet Reebok money before retiring.

No, seriously, she wants to fight in the UFC.
She got ktfo on her 115 fight :(

I just saw on Sakakariba's Instagram an event commercial for the show and confirms this additions

Shinju Nozawa-Auclair 1-0

Erson Yamamoto 2-2

Tatsuya Kawajiri 36-11-2

Tenshin Nasakawa 3-0

Rizin knows their fan base isn't gonna be looking up Nguyen's record. Hell, most of them are only gonna remember her armbarring Yamamoto.

If anything, Rizin execs are probably sitting back smoking cigars, much more confident in RENA winning.

Nguyen seems to be very competent in many areas too, it should be an exciting fight. Rena should be able to prevail as well, possibly even with ease.

Bantamweight Grand Prix announcements
King of Pancrase Shintaro Ishiwatari vs Akhmed Musakaev
Erson Yamamoto vs Manel Kape
Final bout of bracket B will be between two foreigners

Super Atomweight Grand Prix full bracket
RENA vs Andy Nguyen
Miyuu Yamamoto vs Irene Rivera (Cabello)
Alyssa Garcia vs Maria Oliveira
Kanna Asakura/Saori Ishioka winner vs Sylwia Juśkiewicz

DHfUc-MU0AIw9WH.jpg

The full card at this point
https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/47270-rizin-fighting-world-gp-2017-aki-no-jin

Event poster

I dont get why they would not have all Japanese vs foreigner first round for the woman tournament.

You are now wasting either young prospect or a veteran even before the first round.

Bantamweight Grand Prix announcements
King of Pancrase Shintaro Ishiwatari vs Akhmed Musakaev
Erson Yamamoto vs Manel Kape
Final bout of bracket B will be between two foreigners

Super Atomweight Grand Prix full bracket
RENA vs Andy Nguyen
Miyuu Yamamoto vs Irene Rivera (Cabello)
Alyssa Garcia vs Maria Oliveira
Kanna Asakura/Saori Ishioka winner vs Sylwia Juśkiewicz

DHfUc-MU0AIw9WH.jpg

The full card at this point
https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/47270-rizin-fighting-world-gp-2017-aki-no-jin

Event poster

Erson should get the win. So he gets either Ishiwatari or Musakaev. Either way, Erson will get a legit opponent in the quarterfinals.

I think RENA can win this GP. She will beat Miyuu again but idk about the rest.

Updated the card in the OP, seems pretty good.

I'm hoping they stream this live on FITE TV again as I'll def. be buying and I hope they find some better commentators for this card.

Records of the ladies' Grand Prix participants:
Fighter Record Combined opp. record
RENA 4-0 8-1
Nguyen. 5-4. 8-8
Yamamoto. 1-2. 6-8
Cabello. 6-4. 7-7-2
Garcia. 3-3. 16-21
Oliveira. 9-2. 10-13
Asakura. 7-2. 16-15
Ishioka. 15-10. 122-53
* not all of Ishioka's opponents records available
Juśkiewicz. 6-4. 8-11

As usual, the numbers don't tell the whole story for some of them. Oliveira, for example, is your typical Brazilian can crusher, beating a bunch of debutantes in a row. Asakura's opponents' numbers mostly belong to one fighter, Yasuko Tamada (Waterson's grandma victim).

I dont get why they would not have all Japanese vs foreigner first round for the woman tournament.

You are now wasting either young prospect or a veteran even before the first round.
Um, three out of the four fights are exactly what you described, a Japanese vs a foreigner.

because they want either Rena or Miyuu in the final

Back