ROAD FC 43: Young Choi vs Hoon Kim Interim Middleweight Title Fight

Last ROAD show had very little skill involved. Hopefully there's a little bit more this time.

Last ROAD show had very little skill involved. Hopefully there's a little bit more this time.
It was definitely one of their weakest cards talent wise. This one is definitely better but I think they are kind of hurting most of their events lately since they are super stacking the ones that have their tournament bouts.

It was definitely one of their weakest cards talent wise. This one is definitely better but I think they are kind of hurting most of their events lately since they are super stacking the ones that have their tournament bouts.

42 happened to be the first one I caught so, it can only go up from here haha. I've got my global ranking thread in this section and whenever I update it with November's cards, you'll see that even in wins, most of them are some of the lowest ranked of the divisions haha.

42 happened to be the first one I caught so, it can only go up from here haha. I've got my global ranking thread in this section and whenever I update it with November's cards, you'll see that even in wins, most of them are some of the lowest ranked of the divisions haha.
Definitely check out ROAD FC 40 (they put all of their events on YouTube), it was the official opening round (after several qualifiers) of their million dollar tournament. The card was so filled that Riki Fukuda vs Hoon Kim (who is now headlining in a title fight) was a prelim. It was probably their best event on paper and had some great finishes.

Definitely check out ROAD FC 40 (they put all of their events on YouTube), it was the official opening round (after several qualifiers) of their million dollar tournament. The card was so filled that Riki Fukuda vs Hoon Kim (who is now headlining in a title fight) was a prelim. It was probably their best event on paper and had some great finishes.

With the amount of MMA happening, I probably won't go back to anything retroactively, but I'm sure they will be able to put together similar cards going forward. I think there was some interesting fighters (and I thought it was hilarious that Aorigele is easily smashing the rest of them Youtube views wise) but it didn't come together for that card. I'm always interested in weird things like sumo wrestlers fighting but you need to find the correct thing to make it entertaining, and I'd be happy to never see Yusuke Masuda ever fight again. It's a rare occurrence when I watch a fight and think "You know what, I might actually beat these guys with no MMA training" but that was one of them for sure.

How is this card looking on paper from a more knowledgeable guy on the company like yourself? Sherdog to me always seemed like the asshole of the MMA world but this little worldwise section seems to be an isolation of the only "entirety of MMA" fans around so it's cool seeing people discussing ROAD and other less popular or talked about organisations.

With the amount of MMA happening, I probably won't go back to anything retroactively, but I'm sure they will be able to put together similar cards going forward. I think there was some interesting fighters (and I thought it was hilarious that Aorigele is easily smashing the rest of them Youtube views wise) but it didn't come together for that card. I'm always interested in weird things like sumo wrestlers fighting but you need to find the correct thing to make it entertaining, and I'd be happy to never see Yusuke Masuda ever fight again. It's a rare occurrence when I watch a fight and think "You know what, I might actually beat these guys with no MMA training" but that was one of them for sure.

How is this card looking on paper from a more knowledgeable guy on the company like yourself? Sherdog to me always seemed like the asshole of the MMA world but this little worldwise section seems to be an isolation of the only "entirety of MMA" fans around so it's cool seeing people discussing ROAD and other less popular or talked about organisations.
The title fight is pretty decent. Young Choi took the current champ to an extension round before losing at the end of last year. He's also a former DEEP champ. Hoon is inconsistent but has shown that he can get some big finishes over notable names. Both guys are getting up there in age and probably have plateau'd in their development but are decent MWs.

Kil Woo Lee has a deceptive record, really only losing at the start of his career and to some of the best BW's in Asia. He has a few solid wins and is a former champion from the promotion's earlier days. He's coming off a 3 year lay off though and isn't exactly young. He'll be a good test for the older of the Asakura bros, Mikuru. Mikuru was a 2 division champ in the gangster promotion THE OUTSIDER. He impressed with a big KO in his ROAD debut but this will definitely be his toughest challenge. I'm a fan of his so I'm excited for this one.

Yui Chul Nam is a former ROAD champion and I thought he got the rough end of the stick in the UFC (had him clearly beating Nover). He's known for his bulldozing style (hence the nickname) but lately his chin seems to be wearing down from all of the wars this has put him through. This is definitely a crossroads fight for his career, if he loses then I wouldn't be surprised if he retires.

Seung Yeon Kim vs Alexander Merezhko is important due to it being an alternate bout for their million dollar tournament. Merezhko could be a bit of dark horse if he gets in, he beat Elnur Agaev twice who made it to the opening round. Kim is a fun but limited brawler, he hits hard and can take a shot back. He was in the qualifiers for the tournament but came up short.

I think Kyung Pyo Kim is one of the promotion's top young prospects. He trains with two of their champions and is coming off of a win a weight class above against a former King of Pancrase. I honestly don't know much about Tsarukyan but looks like he's a wrestler as well and has a few solid regional wins. He should be a good challenge for Kim.

Not much going on in the prelims this time other than Won Hee Jung, who has a few highlight reel knockouts already in his young career.

I'd say it's a fairly standard event for them. Nothing too flashy but they have some solid vets mixed in with potential prospects and a few matchups that should produce fireworks.

Changes made to Young Guns card. Seul Gi Choi is out Yu Ri Shim (2-0) to face Yun Ha Hong. Hong is probably fucked!
https://scontent.:eek::eek::eek:c1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/22550038_1383604868375823_1967433477233733800_n.jpg?oh=be824b0a0aedce150325e95502ed7e6f&oe=5A7CACCE

Changes made to Young Guns card. Seul Gi Choi is out Yu Ri Shim (2-0) to face Yun Ha Hong. Hong is probably fucked!
https://scontent.:eek::eek::eek:c1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/22550038_1383604868375823_1967433477233733800_n.jpg?oh=be824b0a0aedce150325e95502ed7e6f&oe=5A7CACCE
Hong actually beat her as an amateur, that was 2 years ago though

OK so here is the data from my other thread if anyone interested, I am going to abandon that thread now:

MAIN EVENT (TITLE)
Young Choi (19-11-3/#109 MW worldwide) (Road vetx3/K1 Hero vetx2/notable fights:Daijiru Matsui) v Hoon Kim (10-11-2/#127 MW worldwide) (Road vetx4/M1 vetx2/notable fights: Robert Whittaker, Ikuhisa Minowa, Riki Fukuda, Daiju Takase)

Kil Woo Lee (5-6-0/Road vetx5/Sengoku vetx2) v Mikuru Asakura (5-0/ammy 7-1/#64 of 424 Japanese FW) (Rings vetx12/Road vet/DEEP vet)

Hong actually beat her as an amateur, that was 2 years ago though
That's right. I forgot about that. Will be interesting to see who can implement their game better. Hong is probably still better on the gorund, with Shim better on the feet.

Everyone but Hoon Kim made weight. Kim is now fighting for free, and needs a finish to win.

Official Weight Ins Results

6 Interim Middleweight Championship
Choi Young 83.6 vs Kim Hoon 85.4 (900g over – fail first try) 86.2 (final, fail – deduct 10 points each round, deduct all purse)

5 Featherweight Match
Lee Kil-Woo 65.9 vs Asakura Mikuru 65.9

4 Lightweight Match
Nam Yui-Chul 70.5 vs Jung Doo-Jae 70.4

3 $1 Million Lightweight Tournament Reserve Match
Kim Seung-Yeon 70.3 vs Alexander Merezhko 70.3

2 Lightweight Match
Kim Kyeong-Pyo 70.5 vs Arman Tsarukyan 70.4

1 Featherweight Match
Marcio Cesar 66 vs Lee Jeong-Yeong 65.7

Young Guns 37

7 Flyweight Match
Evgeniy Ryazanov 66 vs Min Kyeong-Chul 65.7

6 Women's Atomweight Match
Hong Yun-Ha 52.1 vs Jeon Seul-Gi 52.4

5 Flyweight Match
Kim Sung-Jae 57.4 vs Jeong Won-Hee 57.2

4 Middleweight Match
Hwang In-Su 84 vs Zdenek Polivka 84.2

3 Flyweight Match
Go Gi-Won 57.4 vs Ko Dong-Hyuk 57.3

2 Openweight Match
Choi Won-Jun 102.1 vs Lee Ho-Jun 117.8

1 Featherweight Match
Min Kyung-Min 65.8 vs Kim Tae-Sung 65.8

showImage.php

ROAD043%2B5%2BLee%2Bvs%2BAsakura.JPG

ROAD043%2B3%2BKim%2Bvs%2BMerezhko.JPG

ROAD043%2B2%2BKim%2Bvs%2BTsarukyan.JPG

ROAD043%2B1%2BCesar%2Bvs%2BLee.JPG

YG37%2B7%2BRyazanov%2Bvs%2BMin.JPG

YG37%2B6%2BHong%2Bvs%2BJeon.JPG

YG37%2B5%2BKim%2Bvs%2BJeong.JPG

Forgot to set my alarm. I'll be watching most of this on replay.

XIAOMI ROAD FC YOUNG GUNS 37 Official Results

KakaoTalk_20171028_193351841.jpg

7th –65.5kg FEATHERWEIGHT BOUT
EVGENIY RYAZANOV defeats MIN KYEONG-CHUL by decision (Unanimous)
KakaoTalk_20171028_191611537.jpg

6th –52kg STRAWWEIGHT BOUT
HONG YUN-HA VS SHIM YU-RI
HONG YUN-HA defeats SHIM YU-RI by decision (Unanimous)
KakaoTalk_20171028_185126030.jpg

5th -57Kg FLYWEIGHT BOUT
KIM SUNG-JAE VS JEONG WON-HEE
KIM SUNG-JAE defeats JEONG WON-HEE by decision (Unanimous)
KakaoTalk_20171028_182330054.jpg

4th -84Kg MIDDLEWEIGHT BOUT
HWANG IN-SU VS ZDENEK POLIVKA
HWANG IN-SU defeats ZDENEK POLIVKA by TKO (Pounding) at 1R 2:17
KakaoTalk_20171028_181404908.jpg

3rd -57Kg FLYWEIGHT BOUT
GO GI-WON VS KO DONG-HYEOK
GO GI-WON defeats KO DONG-HYEOK by decision (2:1)
KakaoTalk_20171028_174639292.jpg

2nd -120kg HEAVYWEIGHT BOUT
CHOI WON-JUN VS LEE HO-JUN
CHOI WON-JUN defeats LEE HO-JUN by TKO (Punch & Pounding) at 1R 1:56
KakaoTalk_20171028_174040014.jpg

1st –65.5kg FEATHERWEIGHT BOUT
MIN KYUNG-MIN VS KIM TAE-SUNG
KIM TAE-SUNG defeats MIN KYUNG-MIN by Submission (Choke) at 2R 3:32

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member