I want a ROAD FC tshirt so I can be super edgy around my UFC fan friends

Rural USA
<{hughesimpress}>
giphy.gif

Damn!
Just watched some fights...
They are up on their youtube channel:
https://m.youtube.com/user/roadfc

Yvel took that fight serious...was great to see that he looked in better shape and went in there with a gameplan...

Shit, Mo is fucking tough for just letting his arm break and keep on twisting it...

Damn!
Just watched some fights...
They are up on their youtube channel:
https://m.youtube.com/user/roadfc

Yvel took that fight serious...was great to see that he looked in better shape and went in there with a gameplan...

Shit, Mo is fucking tough for just letting his arm break and keep on twisting it...
Just watched that one. Hilarious how Mo is just sitting there expressionless with his arm snapped. Tough old man indeed.

I was there live and it was ... Interesting. Yvel's armbar was pretty savage. I told my friend I thought Mighty Mo's arm was broken, but he didn't seem to react at all. The guy who got TKO'd by knees to the body looked in a really bad way as well.

Aorigele got a pretty nice reaction. Seemed to have a much better gas tank than I expected given his size, although his opponent didn't really do anything.

Was pretty fun. Somehow they only had (non-fresh) popcorn, soda and chips available. Would have enjoyed it a bit more after a few beers.

Any thoughts on Gabi Garcia?

It is still the ultimate freakshow of WMMA...but i got to admit...she does look alot better than she looked 2 fights ago.
Not talking about her 'look' guys...
Her movement is much better, as long as she is not throwing punches....haha...

I also think she is a better fit for a cage than a ring...

Any thoughts on Gabi Garcia?

It is still the ultimate freakshow of WMMA...but i got to admit...she does look alot better than she looked 2 fights ago.
Not talking about her 'look' guys...
Her movement is much better, as long as she is not throwing punches....haha...

I also think she is a better fit for a cage than a ring...

It's clear her standup has improved a lot, she has some semblance of rhythm, keeps her eyes open when punches are coming her way, and at least in theory/padwork has learned how to throw the basic punches. Like you said her footwork and general sense of space inside the cage have improved substantially, as has her feeling for distance. She even (successfully) tried to cut Futina off.

It's also clear that her standup is still really bad, she cant coordinate her footwork when throwing more than 2 punch combos, her form breaks down when she tries to flurry, she cant move and hit at the same time, she often fails to maintain proper distance when the opponent pressures her, and she still has a tendency to push her punches.
Seeing her training, it's clear that she's pretty much the opposite of a natural when it comes to striking. She has huge problems with her basic motor coordination and has to work very hard for comparatively small improvements. On the plus side, she seems very dedicated to her training and isnt afraid of getting lit up in sparring.

Realistically, she's around the level you'ld expect of a woman that takes up kickboxing at 30 years of age with absolutely 0 prior experience in any form of striking based combat sports. Whether man or woman, you're just not gonna get to a pro level if you throw your first jab at 30 unless you're an exceptional natural talent, which she clearly isnt.

That said, she lumped up Futina's face pretty good with only 4 or 5 jabs. Especially considering the level of her potential competition, all she'll probably need are 1-2s, 1-1-2s and a right cross to counter the MMA Overhand Right (tm) to retire undefeated. Unless she starts taking intergender matchups (a lot of Korean fans are calling for a match against Kim Jae Hoon on youtube and social media...).

Last edited:
Holy shit, Road FC has made the motherlovin’ Sherdog main page! Like, two different headlines!

We made it, KMMA fam!

Gilbert Yvel gone win the tournament. I don't see any treat in the fat Chinese guy Aori Gele and the winner of Chris Barnett vs Oli Thompson i also see no real treat in one of those guys for UBER Yvel. I hope we will see next time some more of his striking arsenal.

Gilbert Yvel gone win the tournament. I don't see any treat in the fat Chinese guy Aori Gele and the winner of Chris Barnett vs Oli Thompson i also see no real treat in one of those guys for UBER Yvel. I hope we will see next time some more of his striking arsenal.
Oli Thompson is the most active and in shape of the competitors.

Oli Thompson is the most active and in shape of the competitors.

Thats true but if you can lose from Pudzianowski you can definitely lose from Yvel. Who is a far more complete MMA fighter then Pudzianowski.

Last edited:
Back