Road fc 49. Aug.18. Lee vs Mizuno

At first I was disappointed there was like an undercard filled with like four fights of young Koreans because it meant I'd have to wait forever just to see Mizuno fight, but then my excitement about there not being those and it just skipping straight to the big fights faded because what is Road FC doing? They're a Korea-based company, they need to have at least a couple build-up fights on here for Korean prospects, just Park Hae-Jin doesn't cut it.

i'd be surprised if it lasts, but fujita is surprisingly looking good.

Wow, this card is definitely a throwback to my peak interest in MMA.

The usan Heavy Tank gets it done in the first! Choi won that for all the ajaes of Korea.

Ma will need to work on his ground game, but he's a Chinese heavyweight, so he'll keep his prospect status for the time being.

BTW, is it weird I recognized the dance group they had in the cage during the intermission?

Mizuno's submission wrestling has improved a lot. He's been the first guy to submit three of his last four opponents.

i was pretty impressed with the winners of all of the final three fights.

Mizuno's submission wrestling has improved a lot. He's been the first guy to submit three of his last four opponents.

I would really like for Mizuno to go back to ONE on this streak. Fighting Aung for either belt, would make for a great fight

I would really like for Mizuno to go back to ONE on this streak. Fighting Aung for either belt, would make for a great fight

His stretch in ONE combined with his idiosyncratic striking style and his game-but-hit-and-miss run at light-heavyweight have made me enough of a fan of him to just want whatever's best for him.
It looks like ROAD FC is the best for him right now. He definitely made more in ROAD last night than he did by knocking out Mohamed Ali, and he might get one of those crazy Riki Fukuda ROAD contracts in short time.
I just don't see ROAD FC expanding enough in the future to be the best place for Mizuno in a few years if he continues his winning ways. They were on the way to becoming the new player in Japan a few years ago, in which case I would never have said this, but it looks like RIZIN coming along kind of nixed those plans. Hasn't ROAD FC kind of stagnated in popularity in Korea and isn't the Rape of Nanking still fresh enough in the mind of Chinese culture that a Japanese star doesn't really benefit an expansion into China as strong as ROAD's?

don't know if anyone else is around, but it's live now:

unexpected finish in the first fight (maybe a bit of an early stoppage, but nothing awful in my opinion).

Was this streamed from the road fc official channel ? I was trying to catch it on past stream archives it wasn’t on there

Was this streamed from the road fc official channel ? I was trying to catch it on past stream archives it wasn’t on there
yeah, it was streamed on their youtube.

Bummer to see Eun Soo Lee get blown out like that after finally recovering from injuries. Glad Mizuno is having a little resurgence though.

Fujita now 2-0 in 2018, never expected that

Bummer to see Eun Soo Lee get blown out like that after finally recovering from injuries. Glad Mizuno is having a little resurgence though.

Fujita now 2-0 in 2018, never expected that

That was unexpected.
He's carving his way to the NYE event.

Probably against Cro cop

Also...

A bummer to see a sherdog legend losing....
That guy is a legend!

Back