Road House is being remade.... with Ronda Rousey as the main character

It's not like the Swayze movie is good or anything.

Don't get me wrong, it's incredibly entertaining, but only because it's so terrible.

Don't get me wrong, it's incredibly entertaining, but only because it's so terrible.

Favorite part of the movie is when Dalton is doing tai chi in the field, and everyone is staring at him, scratching their heads.

Ronda shouldn't be allowed any where near a leading role, remake or no. Her acting is turrible. Have her as a side character, a female bouncer who judo tosses big guys around, and only has a handful of lines. Then she gets injured in an explosion or some BS so we get her off screen for most of the movie, then at the end we find out she's ok, she shows up on crutches or some shit at the final scene where they're celebrating the real star of the movie defeating the bad guys, roll credits.

You've described her role on Fast & Furious 7 perfectly. The first half of the paragraph that is.

A woman clearing out a bar full of men....pfft...

It's got a near perfect blend of cringeworthy dialogue and memorable one liners, impossible scenarios and cool action, cartoonish characters that you want to emulate or punch in the face, and takes itself so seriously that you have to laugh. It's very quotable... anyone who's seen it can come up with half a dozen favorite quotes without breaking a sweat. It's one of those movies that there is no way to recapture whatever the hell just happened.

Favorite part of the movie is when Dalton is doing tai chi in the field, and everyone is staring at him, scratching their heads.

I can't think of a lead actor with more cult classics than Swayze.

Outsiders, Point Break, Roadhouse, Red Dawn, Black Dog, Next of Kin..

You forgot his most highly regarded cult classic; 1987's Steel Dawn.

"You like being mysterious, don't you."

Not if the villain is also a woman.

An all female bar, female bar fights and need to hire a woman bouncer? Damn lesbo bar.

Would be lame as fuck if they had her beating up a bunch of Brock Lesnar sized goons.

GASH HOUSE.

It's very quotable... anyone who's seen it can come up with half a dozen favorite quotes without breaking a sweat.

Dalton
: You've gotten rich off of the people in this town.

Brad Wesley: You bet your ass I have. And I'm gonna get richer.

Don't think many of those movies are classics or even cult outside of the US, though. Dirty Dancing and Ghost, maybe, but that's about it.

if your country doesn't love point break, then your country blows.

You forgot his most highly regarded cult classic; 1987's Steel Dawn.

"You like being mysterious, don't you."

Sho(mortally wounded)"Why? For...peasants?!"

Nomad, "You forget an old man in a mountain tavern."

Sho realises he had killed Nomad's former teacher and laughs bitterly before Nomad finishes him off.:cool:

"I'll get all the sleep I need when I'm dead"

Brad Wesley: Pat's got a weak constitution. You boys know that. That's why he's working as a bartender. He's my only sister's son. And if he doesn't have me, who's he got? And if I'm not there, you're there.

That's part of the joy of B-grade action movies.

This is shaping up to be a rather large dumpster fire.

Why does this need to happen?

Fuck you Hollywood.

Back