Rob Schneider Says ‘Saturday Night Live’ Overt Liberal Politics Hurt Its Comedy

Haven't watched in over a decade.

Haven't watched in over a decade.
I've tried to watch. It just seems like a bunch of try-hards with little inspiration and no charisma.

Well, that and the fact that the writers are flat out unfunny.

There are always a few gems on the SNL casts that find their way to success outside of the show, but the present cast is just incredibly vanilla for me. I'm pretty sure the fat black guy is from Goodburger though, so that's something.

Comedians have been making fun of politicians since there has been a government. The difference is now everyone is always offended. She hit on about 30% of her jokes even though I need to knock another 5% off for her voice.
One of my favorite Philosphers is Denis Diderot and what he said about the clergy and the monarchy in the 1700’s was 100 times worse than anything this chick said.

@Fawlty Here is one quasi-conservative comedian that I do like

I hate Adam Sandler movies, except for Schneider's parts. He's always the only funny character to me. For some reason his physical acting/mannerisms really get me. Without his (kinda racist) character, 50 First Dates would have been unwatchable.

Anyways, he may or may not be right. Either way, I don't care about his opinion, as I seem to recall he's a kind of a dumb ass and a major prick.

SNL hasn't been consistently funny in over a decade.

"The Day Beyonce Turned Black" and McCarthy's Spicer are both HOF-level.

There are always a few gems on the SNL casts that find their way to success outside of the show, but the present cast is just incredibly vanilla for me. I'm pretty sure the fat black guy is from Goodburger though, so that's something.

even the black guy is vanilla on SNL.

Well, that and the fact that the writers are flat out unfunny.

I think it is too much politics in general to keep it funny. Scale back on the monotony.

SNL hasn't been consistently funny in over a decade.

it has always been hit or miss, even in it's hay day; nostalgia makes everything better. Now it's just miss after miss.

Of course it doesn't -- only fat liberal dorks are home at 1130pm on a Saturday watching TV.

They know who their audience is.

Maybe research your pot shots, man. That's not their demographic at all. It's relatively affluent middle-aged white folks that watch SNL.

About 70% of their viewers are 35+. More than 50% are 45+.
6a0133f3a4072c970b014e608bbe33970c-550wi

b
Maybe research your pot shots, man. That's not their demographic at all. It's relatively affluent middle-aged white folks that watch SNL.

just a joke, kill joy

liberal youth and married with kids

I hate Adam Sandler movies, except for Schneider's parts. He's always the only funny character to me. For some reason his physical acting/mannerisms really get me. Without his (kinda racist) character, 50 First Dates would have been unwatchable.

Anyways, he may or may not be right. Either way, I don't care about his opinion, as I seem to recall he's a kind of a dumb ass and a major prick.

Don't know much about Schneider except that I liked his Rock impression.

I think a few comics are livid-jealous of Baldwin's Trump. This "born of hate" bullshit that Norm and now Schneider are tossing out. Get relevant again, you aging substance abusers. lmao at Schneider retconning Dana Carvey as respectful. Jesus, he did SEE Carvey's Perot, right? Straight out of Mad Magazine.

The last SNL I remember, is when Ashley Simpson lip sync....I was like 13 at the time.

Ever see the Hub's Gyro sketches on SNL? They made me lol hard

Why would anyone take time to read what deuce bigalow had to say. Lmao. He’s just a dumb manlet.

I never thought I’d say I agree with Rob Schneider.
2XOk.gif

I'm not his biggest fan or always agree with him, but he raises a good point. Liberal comedy used to be more natural, more relaxed, more funny. It's a bit too on the nose these days, sometimes it does seem like thinly veiled propaganda disguised as comedy. The Daily Show with Jon Stewart used to be funny, but his two minions have fairly unwatchable shows now, including his old show.

Soooo, essentially fat liberal dorks?

Back