Rob Schneider Says ‘Saturday Night Live’ Overt Liberal Politics Hurt Its Comedy

Rob is old school he is correct to much politics in commedy ruins it.
This is true in general. Granted, there are certain "political" comedians that you might like, but when you've got a typical comedian and then they try to get political all of a sudden, it sucks. Jimmy Tingle is a comedy legend in my hometown of Boston. Bill Maher has also had some good specials. I actually think his political comedy is a lot better than it was before he got political.

I agree about having respect about the person you are mocking. The respect helps one better understand the person, and not just spout partisan bullshit. The woman who does the Hillary impression's is good for that reason.

In Baldwin's case, I need to have respect for the person doing the impression. Baldwin is an alcoholic, piece of shit father. He needs to fix his own shit, before trying to make others look like bad people. Fat shaming his 11 year old daughter? Yea, he is a liberal champion guys!

Him and Mel Gibson should get together and go bowling or something. They seem like they have a lot in common.

Him and Mel Gibson should get together and go bowling or something. They seem like they have a lot in common.

Oh god, the staff at that bowling alley might need a suicide watch from all the berating they would be exposed to.

Mel is a nut, but at least he doesn't put up a front, and is celebrated by the liberal Hollywood elite.. Alec Baldwin acts like some liberal champion, when he can't parent his kids, anti-gay, is a sexist asshole who bullies women. On top of that ,is a wealthy Hollywood elite. He has had much more bad press than Mel over the years.

When I see liberals on facebook post videos of Baldwin's SNL stuff, the cringe is real.

I immensely enjoy British satire like Brass Eye. I actually thought Tim was British. Jim Jeffries is a name I've heard of, but never really watched. I think stand up doesn't translate as well, unless the two cultures are quite similar, like Canadian and American or Kiwi and Aussie.
Of all those late night comedy pretend news shows, I'm liking Jim Jeffries' the best. He seems like a straight shooter, like a spiritual successor to Stewart.

Edit but that's because I'm old, don't have Netflix, and don't watch Oliver regularly. I enjoy the shows of his that I've seen.

Oh god, the staff at that bowling alley might need a suicide watch from all the berating they would be exposed to.

Mel is a nut, but at least he doesn't put up a front, and is celebrated by the liberal Hollywood elite.. Alec Baldwin acts like some liberal champion, when he can't parent his kids, anti-gay, is a sexist asshole who bullies women. On top of that ,is a wealthy Hollywood elite. He has had much more bad press than Mel over the years.

When I see liberals on facebook post videos of Baldwin's SNL stuff, the cringe is real.

I don't know these people, so obviously anything that I say is based on very little. But I really don't think Mel Gibson is a bad person, I think he suffers from some serious mental problems that cause some entirely unacceptable behavior and habits. But every actor who has ever worked with him says he's a great guy. Even when he dropped N-bombs in those phone calls, Whoopi Goldberg and Danny Glover came to his defense. He completely demeaned and insulted his ex wife, but Jodie Foster came out and defended him and said she "loves" Mel Gibson and that he was an amazing guy.

I think there are people who do and say awful things because they have some imbalance that makes it next to impossible to control their emotions. I'm not saying that's okay, it's obviously not. But it's not like Mel Gibson is out there sexually assaulting people like so many other actors. Not one accusation like that about Mel.

But if someone thinks he's an awful person, I get that too.

Alec Baldwin is funny as hell as Trump. The right is just mad because it hits too close to home

I don't know these people, so obviously anything that I say is based on very little. But I really don't think Mel Gibson is a bad person, I think he suffers from some serious mental problems that cause some entirely unacceptable behavior and habits. But every actor who has ever worked with him says he's a great guy. Even when he dropped N-bombs in those phone calls, Whoopi Goldberg and Danny Glover came to his defense. He completely demeaned and insulted his ex wife, but Jodie Foster came out and defended him and said she "loves" Mel Gibson and that he was an amazing guy.

I think there are people who do and say awful things because they have some imbalance that makes it next to impossible to control their emotions. I'm not saying that's okay, it's obviously not. But it's not like Mel Gibson is out there sexually assaulting people like so many other actors. Not one accusation like that about Mel.

But if someone thinks he's an awful person, I get that too.

I thought I had heard that about Mel also, but wasn't sure and didn't feel like verifying.

I know he is highly respected for his acting directing, and producing.

While Baldwin is respected for his acting, I think he has a reputation of being an asshole to work with on set, in addition to his outbursts.

I'm probably not a great judge because I don't watch SNL and never found it that funny, except for some skits in the 90s.

There is undoubtedly some very liberal politics going on there, but I've also seen them mock PC culture and SJWs at times too, so who knows.

I will say that their ass-lapping of president Obama was sickeningly cheesy, though.

But going beyond SNL, the amount of Trump jokes now a days is just too "playing to the crowd" for my liking. Great comedy doesn't have a political party, it smashes everyone.

That's why I still believe Trey and Matt from South Park are still the greatest minds in comedy.

Was nice knowing ya Rob

Yep. He just killed all the relevance he had, and we certainly won't be seeing Rob Schneider starring in anymore Hollywood projects after this.

Oh' wait...

What would Rob Schneider know about comedy anyway?

Anyways, this isn't just an SNL problem. It's a media problem in general. It's "trendy" to be Liberal, and they're pushing a political stance like a product. If I were a Liberal, I'd be worried about the suffocating Liberal politics being pushed in all forms of media, because eventually people are going to grow tired of it, and the pendulum is going to swing back hard when the trend inevitably dies, and being Liberal is the lamest thing a person can be.

Back