Robert O'Neill, the SEAL who killed Bin Laden, calls Trump's military parade "third world BS"

Anyone that approves is a moron.

Even all these years later I don't feel comfortable trashing Napoleon this mercilessly. He didn't really do anything to warrant this level of indignity and disrespect.

I know this is just a karate forum sub forum. But it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
But he had a micro penis.

Even all these years later I don't feel comfortable trashing Napoleon this mercilessly. He didn't really do anything to warrant this level of indignity and disrespect.

I know this is just a karate forum sub forum. But it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Lol

Poll finds almost no one thinks Trump's military parade is a good idea

But according to an informal poll conducted by the Army Times, most people don’t support it.

Nearly 9 in 10, or specifically 89 percent, of the publication readers who responded said the parade is "a waste of money and troops are too busy." Another 11 percent supported the idea, describing it as a "great opportunity to show off U.S. military might."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/poll-finds-almost-no-one-231945963.html
This should surprise nobody.

Thats what you want it to be.
th

I can't read the article, but taking what you say to be true, from everything that has been reported, you have Trump wanting a parade like he saw in France and China, and his team are looking for a good excuse to hold one.

U.S. presidents have long shied away from such displays of military prowess — which typically include tanks, missiles and, in some cases, goose-stepping soldiers — for fear of being compared to Washington's Cold War adversaries, where such displays have traditionally been potent symbols of state power. Those countries include Russia (and, formerly, the Soviet Union), China and North Korea.
"To have a military parade without the end of a war or an inaugural or some big reason in Washington, D.C., that is out of our tradition," presidential historian Michael Beschloss told NPR.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...o-stage-military-parade-down-pennsylvania-ave

Grunts need to know their place. What's 3rd world is traitorous evil pos trying to overthrow an election with treasonous sedition.

A massive show of force is completely appropriate to demonstrate what the forces of evil are up against.

The only thing Obama, Hillary, FBI etc have in their arsenal are you dipshits lol. Good luck with all that lmao

The seal that killed bin laden...stopped there

America's wars of aggression are what is truthfully "third world shit".

A military parade is a defensive action, a message of "look at how strong we are, don't fuck with us", which is surely why it doesn't appeal to this Navy SEAL. He just want to go out there and randomly kill some more third worlders, with a surprise attack, after playing the pacifist card for a couple of more years.

America needs to learn how to "carry a big stick" once again, instead of looking like a bunch of pussies after their wars, pretending that they're pacifist, then going full crazy with a massive invasion again, to save face.

Crazies like Osama Bin Laden would've been kept in check if he hadn't come to think that America had turned weak and flaccid. A couple of military parades and some tough-talk on the part of the President, goes a long way into solving that problem. That's mostly what is enough to keep third world bandit groups like ISIS from forming. If they had known in the first place that they were going to be squashed like a bug, you would've never even heard of them.

I can't think that any moderately intelligent person would get particularly impressed by a military march, especially as it would only be with a minuscule part of the US armed forces. There's plenty of info on what weapons and personnel the US has, and how much they spend on their military, and that information should mean a hell of a lot more to potential enemies than that some of that military goes for a Sunday cruise once a year.

I've never heard anyone talk about being impressed with any military march from Russia or North Korea. Every time someone talks about a threat from Russia it's been regarding them pushing boundaries of neutral airspace and having military training operations where the simulated target is somewhere around one's country. That's the kind of show that people take notice of - something that has a provocative component.

But he didnt kill OBL as he died ysars earlier.

Grunts need to know their place. What's 3rd world is traitorous evil pos trying to overthrow an election with treasonous sedition.

A massive show of force is completely appropriate to demonstrate what the forces of evil are up against.

The only thing Obama, Hillary, FBI etc have in their arsenal are you dipshits lol. Good luck with all that lmao

motherfucker thinks he made a coherent point <{outtahere}>

I agree with the overall sentiment that military parades are the kind of thing I'd expect from North Korea or the Soviet Union, not the US of A.

But the fact that this guy killed Bin Laden doesn't really give his political opinion any extra credibility.
BTW, he also said this: "Yes. Third World. If Russia or France were powerful enough to take over the world, they would. We are yet we don’t. That’s called First World."

Just what in the holy hell is he talking about?
Gives him a fuck more right to talk about it than General Deferment!!
3388b901e3c6a2692190ecf94d41262d--trump-bankruptcies-democrats-.jpg

Please tell me you're an American citizen living in Finland. I mean, that has to be the case given how batshit crazy some of your opinions on US policy are. Fingers crossed that you can confirm my hunch.

Your hunch is wrong, sorry. I've never been to America, and don't plan on ever going there, either.

Don't see how my opinions are "batshit". I just know the mentality of third worlders and "not-so-academically educated people" probably better than the people living in ivory towers, fattened and softened by 1st world living standards.

Last edited:
I can't think that any moderately intelligent person would get particularly impressed by a military march, especially as it would only be with a minuscule part of the US armed forces. There's plenty of info on what weapons and personnel the US has, and how much they spend on their military, and that information should mean a hell of a lot more to potential enemies than that some of that military goes for a Sunday cruise once a year.

I've never heard anyone talk about being impressed with any military march from Russia or North Korea. Every time someone talks about a threat from Russia it's been regarding them pushing boundaries of neutral airspace and having military training operations where the simulated target is somewhere around one's country. That's the kind of show that people take notice of - something that has a provocative component.

Perhaps the military marches are not intended for the "moderately intelligent".

You've never heard anyone talk about being impressed by a military march because you probably live in the most pacifist country in world's history, that hasn't see any type of military action for centuries. But in a country where military action still holds value, and where military actions on the part of neighbouring countries may still be regarded as an actual threat, these parades still hold value beyond being utilized to empower LGBT/feminist rallies, like in Sweden.

They are a way of gauging the unity and patriotism of a country, and of course, the effectiveness of military propaganda. A country that is incapable of even getting a thousand people together to hold a military march, is a country that cannot honestly be regarded as a military threat. The level of unity is simply below the standard of what is required to sustain a long-term military campaign.

There's a reason why people worry about Russia and North Korea, and it's because the citizens appear fully willing and capable to use force against another, if rallied behind a "common cause". Something that can no longer be done in most Western countries (outside of America).

Last edited:
Perhaps the military marches are not intended for the "moderately intelligent".

You've never heard anyone talk about being impressed by a military march because you probably live in the most pacifist country in world's history, that hasn't see any type of military action for centuries. But in a country where military action still holds value, and where military actions on the part of neighbouring countries may still be regarded as an actual threat, these parades still hold value beyond being utilized to empower LGBT/feminist rallies, like in Sweden.

They are a way of gauging the unity and patriotism of a country, and of course, the effectiveness of military propaganda. A country that is incapable of even getting a thousand people together to hold a military march, is a country that cannot honestly be regarded as a military threat. The level of unity is simply below the standard of what is required to sustain a long-term military campaign.

There's a reason why people worry about Russia and North Korea, and it's because the citizens appear fully willing and capable to use force against another, if rallied behind a "common cause". Something that can no longer be done in most Western countries (outside of America).

People lower than that won't be in positions to do anything.

I'm of course not limiting my scope to what I hear in my own country. I've never heard anyone talk seriously about military marches in terms of someone being a threat. A march just displays some of the personnel and material a country has, and everyone already has far more detailed information than that so it just doesn't say anything. If someone judges a country's military capacity by saying "look, they can muster together a parade" then that person is completely clueless.

People worry about Russia and North Korea because they know what they possess and because they have a provokative attitude and history. No one gets afraid of either country having a march, but Russia pushing boundaries, making official statements and training for obvious real targets makes waves in a lot of places. Just like NK makes waves with their statements and nuclear weapon testing, but no one cares that their military marches around for show somewhere within their borders.

SEAL team 6 member who landed the kill-shot on Bin Laden

calling something else BS

lol, ok

People lower than that won't be in positions to do anything.

I'm of course not limiting my scope to what I hear in my own country. I've never heard anyone talk seriously about military marches in terms of someone being a threat. A march just displays some of the personnel and material a country has, and everyone already has far more detailed information than that so it just doesn't say anything. If someone judges a country's military capacity by saying "look, they can muster together a parade" then that person is completely clueless.

People worry about Russia and North Korea because they know what they possess and because they have a provokative attitude and history. No one gets afraid of either country having a march, but Russia pushing boundaries, making official statements and training for obvious real targets makes waves in a lot of places. Just like NK makes waves with their statements and nuclear weapon testing, but no one cares that their military marches around for show somewhere within their borders.

Nobody would be worried about Russia or North Korea, if they didn't have a population which can be mobilized for a military campaign.

That's what the military march is all about. It is no surprise that the countries most capable of utilizing aggression against others, have gone down in history for displaying a legendary amount of military jingoism, with all of the symbolism, war deification, parading involved with that. Look no further than the Nazis, and the mere fact that people are still using them to point out to the dangers of any over displays of nationalism. Any time someone creates a symbol around their movement, starts marching in unison, singing military songs deifying war heroism, and waving flags, the Nazi card is quickly brought to the table. For a reason, to an extent.

Clearly, military parades are seen as a threat by many of the intellectuals, atleast, which is why they must constantly shun and discredit them, often by insulting the intelligence of the people involved.

The truth is that the military march has a much deeper meaning to the nation than what is being given credit here, but since it serves the agenda of many of the people here, to not give it that credit, having any kind of a legitimate debate over it is pointless. It's just inevitably going to devolve into a game of calling military parades "dumb", hurr durr, so that the plebs can feel like they've done their good job for the day, by sustaining some social pressure against the evil dudes in uniforms, in their social media feedback loops. That's their given task in the context of the modern society. It's just that I personally have no care to take part in that.

In reality, all of that, the boasts, the threats, the provocations, are all tied into one package of militarism, that has been found effective for centuries, in which no part can truly be separated from the other.

A country incapable of bringing the population together to celeberate a military march, is a country that is likely incapable of taking any military action. It would be foolish to downplay the implications. Back when America was more capable of utilizing indiscriminate military power against others, and standing united behind their leadership, bringing the people together for a march wouldn't have even been a question. I'm not saying that this was automatically good, or bad, I'm just saying that that's what it was.

Back