Robert Whittaker Is an absolute Monster

Read my poster like 5 above this one for my opinion. Also of course its relevant, that was a talented fighter that Whitaker lost to but has definitely improved. All fights in a fighters career are relevant but should be weighed appropriately in worth.
bringing up a fight from 4 years ago when he was 22 years old, green, coming off the ultimate fighter and even stated the weight cut was effecting his performance.

As if it holds any relevance to where Whittaker stands today. Sorry, no. It's ridiculous logic. 1 year Is an eternity In this game, much less 4 fucking years. Especially for a young up and coming fighter.

You have no clue what you're talking about or watching.

Whitaker is a great fighter and I'm a fan of his but he won't have a long reign probably loses his next fight whenever he returns. He was middle of the road in WW and was finished by Wonderboy so lets not get too crazy.

This is completely out of context.

Robert was only 23 years old when he lost to Wonderboy, and he was in the wrong weight class for his frame. Since moving up and growing up, he's gone on a historic 8 fight win streak.

Beating Jacare - who he absolutely smashed - and Yoel Romero, in back to back fights, capping an 8 fight win streak, is the most impressive strength of schedule in the history of the middleweight division.

Nate has some of the best boxing and jiu jitsu at either 155 or 170. If he comes In as big as he did against Conor the 2nd time, I definitely wouldn't call that easy money. I think he matches up better against Woodley than people think. Historically people who've given the Diaz bros trouble on the ground were not just wrestlers but also excellent grapplers, who were very strong and had great top control.

Contrary to popular opinion, I see Nate giving him just as much Issues as Nick would. He might not win, but I think he'd put up a decent performance.

That’s fair.

Knuckles is the most well rounded fighter since Prime GSP, and, likely much greater. GSP beat farm boys and feather weights, while Knuckles slayed da fuq out of BJJ world champs and the best wrestlers to ever come in the game. Is he GOAT, and we just dont know it yet?

The top 5 is Whittaker Yoel, Weidman, Luke, Jacare, afterwards comes Kelvin and Brunson. GSP Is retired. Bisping Is barely a top 10 fighter at best. He wasn't a top 5 fighter when he held the belt. So you have the rankings twisted.

I love Anderson but he would lose literally all the current top 5. You could make an argument for him beating Luke as he's chinny and has poor striking defence, but if he gets Anderson down he could also just smash him. You could also argue him beating Jacare because he's In the twilight of his career. Whittaker, yoel and weidman all smoke even the best version of Anderson.

Whittaker fought Thompson literally 4 years ago when the guy was 22 years old, still green and just coming off the ultimate fighter. It was also a fight where he was cutting too much weight and even commented that It was effecting his performance.

If you think middleweight was the easier path, I honestly don't know what to say.

This is some very high level stupidity and It's unfortunate you can't see It.
Like I said, it is easy to believe the UFC hype. In a few years you will probably have a new discussion, claiming that the current top 5 is the best ever. And then Over And over again. It is easy to be fooled. They do a great job at marketing.

I think I forgot to mention Brunson, that won every round vs Romero before he was caught, but struggled with old, broken Anderson. It is pretty safe to say What a fresh, prime Anderson would do to both guys.

Yeah, he definitely shouldn't have backed out of the fight considering it was still a month away. Kevin Lee actually fought while he had a staph infection. Whittaker had a whole month to recover.

As for him being an absolute monster...

thyy.gif

He's a really good fighter, but he's not an absolute monster.

Like I said, it is easy to believe the UFC hype. In a few years you will probably have a new discussion, claiming that the current top 5 is the best ever. And then Over And over again. It is easy to be fooled. They do a great job at marketing.

I think I forgot to mention Brunson, that won every round vs Romero before he was caught, but struggled with old, broken Anderson. It is pretty safe to say What a fresh, prime Anderson would do to both guys.
Bro, just stop. You just don't know what you're talking about.
end of story.

I've been a fan since early pride and I'm also a martial artist. I do not fall for "UFC hype"

this is the strongest middleweight has ever been. The game has evolved. Maybe you just lack the fight IQ to to see It.

Take off the rose coloured glasses and open your eyes.

some of the MMA math and logic you use Is what I'd expect among casuals. Not something from a person with a 2009 join date.

Confirmation bias Is a powerful thing bro. You're so set on this idea that current middleweight Is a weak division that It's blinding you from reason and proper analysis.

end of story.

I've been a fan since early pride and I'm also a martial artist. I do not fall for "UFC hype"

this is the strongest middleweight has ever been. The game has evolved. Maybe you just lack the fight IQ to to see It.

And I am sure you will talk about the game evolving every time we get a new shift in the top 5. The UFC is doing a great job as always at marketing, but it doesn’t mean you have to buy it all.

end of story.

Sometimes you come off as the Frank Dux of Sherdog.

And I am sure you will talk about the game evolving every time we get a new shift in the top 5. The UFC is doing a great job as always at marketing, but it doesn’t mean you have to buy it all.
you have zero fight iq and most of your analysis is garbage

I'm a fan. He's at the right weight class for his body, for sure.

you have zero fight iq and most of your analysis is garbage
As always you keep calling everyone else idiots instead of making your own arguments. Kind of strange for someone between 30 and 40 (that has watched mma since the 90s)..

As always you keep calling everyone else idiots instead of making your own arguments. Kind of strange for someone between 30 and 40 (that has watched mma since the 90s)..
between 30-40? I'm 27

I've already made my arguments. You just don't listen to anyone and continue repeating the same points over and over.

Beyond that, I'm not In the mood to waste any more time on someone who chooses to be willfully Ignorant.

bringing up a fight from 4 years ago when he was 22 years old, green, coming off the ultimate fighter and even stated the weight cut was effecting his performance.

As if it holds any relevance to where Whittaker stands today. Sorry, no. It's ridiculous logic. 1 year Is an eternity In this game, much less 4 fucking years. Especially for a young up and coming fighter.

You have no clue what you're talking about or watching.

Really Wet dreams? When you look back at a fighters career do you pick 4 fights that you consider his prime or do you evaluate his entire career? Was Robbie Lawler always the machine he was the last 4 years or did he have ups and downs?

Do we discount his earlier loses and just look at his championship reign? No MMA fans look at an entire career as fans of other combat sports. Get out of here with this I have no clue nonsense.

between 30-40? I'm 27

I've already made my arguments. You just don't listen to anyone and continue repeating the same points over and over.

Beyond that, I'm not In the mood to waste any more time on someone who chooses to be willfully Ignorant.
And I am obviously right, And all I get back is nonsense And no arguments. Only bragging about being a long time fan And having a martial arts background - as if that means anything.
Good night!

And I am obviously right, And all I get back is nonsense And no arguments. Only bragging about being a long time fan And having a martial arts background - as if that means anything.
Good night!
You actually believe that the current middleweight division Is weak

and you're convinced that you're right and everyone else In this thread who has called you out Is spouting nonsense.

There is no hope for you

Really Wet dreams? When you look back at a fighters career do you pick 4 fights that you consider his prime or do you evaluate his entire career? Was Robbie Lawler always the machine he was the last 4 years or did he have ups and downs?

Do we discount his earlier loses and just look at his championship reign? No MMA fans look at an entire career as fans of other combat sports. Get out of here with this I have no clue nonsense.
You don't discount them. You take them In the context where they matter.

Bringing up losses from 4 years ago when a fighter Is 23 years old, still green and at a fraction of their full potential as If It holds any relevance to their current skillset Is just ridiculous. Which Is exactly what you tried to do. Based on that, saying "you don't have a clue" would be fairly accurate.

Or rather, maybe you lack the ability for critical thought.

Of course I ignorere Vitors steroid use. That has nothing to do with it. He was on something all his career.

Yes, Bisping was 1-1 vs Luke. That would never happen vs Anderson or Vitor. Bisping was a top 10 fighter at best in his physical prime, but he sure did the best of it, And took advantage of a weak division.

Just like GSP was a blown up WW, so is Whittaker. And we sure saw Whittaker having a much Harder time vs Thompson than he did vs Romero and Jacare, so it is pretty easy to see he chose the easiest path. Yes, it was easier work (but still not easy, as they Are good fighters).

I like Whittaker, Luke, Kelvin, GSP, Brunson, Jacare And Bisping, but they Are very far from a great top mw division. It is easy to buy the UFC hype.

lol So ignore someone's steroid use just because they were on it their whole career. Like that somehow absolves it being an advantage for him against Rockhold or something.

And Bisping would never go 1-1 against Anderson? Well, he's currently 1-0 against him since he beat him two years ago. What the fuck, buddy?

The rest of your arguments are laughable. Whittaker is not a blown up WW, and just because he lost to Thompson and not Jacare or Romero doesn't automatically make them easier fights or easier opponents. It just means he fought better fights against them than he did against Thompson. How can somebody have such a novice outlook about MMA? It's like you've been watching the sport for only a week or something.

Back