Robin Black sees more sparring footage - gives insight to Mac's gameplan

My God this guy is such a fucking retard twat.

The best chance that I see for McGregor to land a big shot is on a break from a clinch. His reach is deceptively long, maybe he can surprise Mayweather immediately following a clinch when Mayweather does not think he's in range.
in order for conor sneak his shot he would have to control floyds head with his forearm

This is kinda a good example of what I'm talking about.

What in the world are you talking about here? Distance management, clinching, parrying, footwork, etc, are "frowned upon in boxing"? That is blatantly ridiculous. I do not understand where you guys come up with this stuff.

The rest of what you said is similar. "Boxing does not have refined gameplans" is one of those statements that just sounds like you pulled it out of thin air.

At this point, we'll just watch the fight and see what happens. After the fight, you can either go on saying these things, or you can take it back. Or you can pretend you never said it, which I think is going to be a huge trend on this forum.

... and just like that another self-proclaimed "boxing expert" got reduced to childish ad hominem arguments with no technical merit.

So predictable.

Also has filmed a breakdown for the UFC, which may include additional footage from the Paulie/Conor sparring session.

God robin black is intolerable the first 5 minutes are just him giving himself a blowjob, couldn't watch any more than that.

Ha glad to see this, amazed that my focusing on the fight has led to the same conclusion. Love this video glad to hear it. He is right absolutely right.

I'm going further though. Conor is going to out class and embarrass Floyd in this fight.
@Massapiece
Who don't know shit about fighting now?
The expert is simply saying what I told your dumb ass earlier this week.
Prepare to swallow an inch of teeth. After Canor destroys Floyd I'm going to flame you into Bolivia.

Lol this video never gets old
What technique did he speak of how and why , has Conor historically done it ?

He has 3 traps that's it 3

If Mayweather loses it will be because of old age and hopefully he does

@25:40 is gold.. thank you Robin. You're a game changer

Ha glad to see this, amazed that my focusing on the fight has led to the same conclusion. Love this video glad to hear it. He is right absolutely right.

I'm going further though. Conor is going to out class and embarrass Floyd in this fight.
@Massapiece
Who don't know shit about fighting now?
The expert is simply saying what I told your dumb ass earlier this week.
Prepare to swallow an inch of teeth. After Canor destroys Floyd I'm going to flame you into Bolivia.
You nor this clown (hes a fan not an expert) know anything about boxing. This dude is trying to sound intelligent while rambling about nothing and you fell in love with it? Hes been a huge conor fan and is hoping the fight goes a certain way, that doesnt mean it will does it? In 6 days we find out.
Your dumb ass certainly doesnt know a thing about boxing. You thought standing with all your weight on your heels was a great stance. Fuckin goof.

Yeah the "we so smart" part I didn't agree with. For me it's more about maximizing athletic ability in order to limit technical skill - no need to complicate it beyond that. When Fury leaned on Cunningham or when Randy cage humped his opponents you could've similarly dressed it up in all these hazy theories, but at the end of the day it's just guys being smart about their limitations and using their athletic strengths to their advantages. Like if you got Jon Jones reach and skinny chicken legs that allows you to throw a ton of headkicks, then fuck yeah you should poke em with those all day unless someone has the antidote.

In Conor's case he's got reach, size, movement and wrestling advantages so he should attempt to force the game into that territory. Duh.

I also think Floyd knows it though and it is a bit disrespectful to assume that he doesn't. He's been saying "I gotta go to him" so he's more than likely aware that's he's got to find that medium range and pressure him. The caveat however is that Conor might potentially control two ranges. It is usually Floyd that controls long range and bullies his opponents with neck pulls and forearm crushes on the inside, using the medium range to mostly hide behind his shell and return counters, so if Conor takes those ranges from him it could get interesting because it would force Floyd being aggressive in a range where he's normally not the aggressor.

On the flipside Nate smashed Conor in that range though so lets see what happens.
What movement advantages lol.... theyre boxing , and there's no. Chance today or any other day for that matter that Conor has better footwork than mayweather . We're talking about a gap of about 20+ years experience , that's not something you acquire in a few months or even years .

Nate only started to have success against Conor after Conor's gas tank went.

His cardio is by all accounts much better now, but his defense in the past has relied so much on fast movements and explosive counters, that I wonder whether he'll be able to keep Mayweather off of him after a few rounds.
Nate actually did well rolling with Conor's punches in the 1st fight which helped Conor gas . He actually didn't get hurt as bad as people say in the 1st round of that fight .

I hope no 1 watched that shit for an hour. I had to skim and at best watched a minute. The guys grasping.

Last edited:
... and just like that another self-proclaimed "boxing expert" got reduced to childish ad hominem arguments with no technical merit.

So predictable.
ad hominem would be... You're a fucking retard bro, and you're talking out of your ass.

nac gave a reasonable response. He's one of the best posters on S-dog, and he certainly holds himself to a higher posting standard than you or I.

Today I learned that parrying and "distance management" (otherwise known as control before the MMA world started reading Jack Slack articles) were frowned upon in boxing.

Fuck me, LOL.

Damn with his 1-hour long videos. The guy needs to learn to provide a summary.

You nor this clown (hes a fan not an expert) know anything about boxing. This dude is trying to sound intelligent while rambling about nothing and you fell in love with it? Hes been a huge conor fan and is hoping the fight goes a certain way, that doesnt mean it will does it? In 6 days we find out.
Your dumb ass certainly doesnt know a thing about boxing. You thought standing with all your weight on your heels was a great stance. Fuckin goof.

For a boxer it's a horrible strategy because they are encased in their adage and tradition. For a fighter who is looking to beat somebody up in grappling range then it is an excellent idea. Why? Because it forces Floyd to fight inside or back up.

This video is the definition of Robin Black.

60m video. Not even 5m of substance.

Back