ROBIN HOOD - 2018 Movie (15% RT Score)

If you have seen ROBIN HOOD (2018), how would you rate it?

• 9 - Great

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8 - Good

• 7 - Pretty Good

• 4 - Poor

• 2 - Poor

• Total voters
Didn't even read that this waz Guy Ritchie's project... went straight to the trailer but still recognized his touch. I love the close-ups & slow mo stuff he does.

Curious as to why he's crossed out in the title. whether he is still on it or not... the movie clearly has his influence.

I wasn't really interested in yet another Robin Hood... but the trailer changed my mind. I'll check it out.
Because it isn't Guy Ritchie...

A lot of people hated on this movie, but I didn't get what was wrong with it.
It wasn't great, but i thought it was a solid, B grade action movie.
They even took a different spin on the typical King Arthur movies.

I have no interest in this Robin Hood movie. lol Should make a drinking a game out of how many times he spins and shoots an arrow. Was that his only move?
You are what's the problem. Fucking SAMCRO should have gotten on a dragon and start riding through this world all alone. Instead of Judd Law for the end boss it should have been Eddie Alvarez from the Mayans. Look into it

Still not feeling it. Will probably bomb.
I think the legend is just played out. Everybody knows the story beats, and they have to always hit the same beats. It doesn't feel fresh or exciting.

Eerily similar to the King Arthur situation.

Because it isn't Guy Ritchie...
That's what I wondered... after watching the trailer I was convinced it was. so what's the deal there... somebody ripping off his style or what?

@Dragonlordxxxxx what's the meaning of this Guy Ritchie imposter?

Actually, if the dude can deliver "vintage" Guy Ritchie then I'm in.... cause the real one seems to have "evolved" for lack of better wordz.

What do you get when you mix Assassins Creed with the bow skills of the Amazons and add a dash of King Arthur:Legend of the Shart?

A box office bomb methinks. Looks bad. Like, a made for Canadian TV feature with a big costume budget bad.

I think they can set this in the same universe as the reimagined King Arthur with Charlie Hunnam.

I wonder what other British Folklore Guy Ritchie can reimagine in his own.

How about Guy Ritchie Braveheart, or Guy Ritchie James Bond.

Either this movie flops and cures Hollywood's need to rehash this story every so many years, or it makes me look like a prophet and spawns a Three Musketeers reboot.

Flop or at best brakes even.. don't know their financials details.

It won't cure them even if major flop.

I think the legend is just played out. Everybody knows the story beats, and they have to always hit the same beats. It doesn't feel fresh or exciting.

Eerily similar to the King Arthur situation.

Yeah I mean it's tough. How revisionist can you be in trying to make the old story (which is a very fun, iconic story of course) more hip or relevant without making it lose its charm. But if you try to just do a straight remake or retelling of the story without something new to bring to the table, then why the hell do that anyway.

For this film, it seems to be a combination of Guy Ritchie-esqueness and oh Robin Hood has a secret identity- type thing. But I don't see much value in either element. Anachronistic retellings of classic stories don't tend to be great in my opinion. There are exceptions of course. And Eggsy being the Bruce Wayne of folk heroes doesn't really fit either.

They'd have better success just re-releasing this.

View attachment 407897

Completely on board with this. Hilarious movie thanks to Phil Harris (really just delivering Baloo 2.0) and Peter Ustinov and Terry Thomas. Also just a solid retelling of the story.

The one thing about that one is I remember finding it so jarring watching it as a kid. Like it's so breezy and funny what with Prince John being humorously pathetic and Hiss being a funny long-suffering sidekick, yet then all of sudden it gets really dark and serious with all the townspeople getting arrested and Friar Tuck getting slated to get hanged and then Sheriff of Nottingham coming at Robin Hood with an f'n torch.

I don't think I'll ever watch this.

Just what the world needs another robin hood movie.

Prince of thieves was where it should have stopped. The russell crowe one was awful.

Back