Rocky Marciano, felon?

mozfonky

We oughta be fightin' a bottle of Geritol.
@Gold
Reaction score
I was browsing boxing books in a bookstore and came across one on the Rock. In it there were mugshots, apparently Rocky was in the service during ww2 and he assaulted and robbed a couple guys, shocked by that and even more shocked that i'd never heard that. Anyone hear about it?

Have heard a few stories of him being a bit shady, tbh.

I've heard that some mobsters that he was associated with tried to get him to take a dive, but I've never heard anything about him having an actual criminal record.

Have heard a few stories of him being a bit shady, tbh.
like what? I never heard much, i suppose the people around him shielded him from a lot of that, which i good, italians have a thing about not talking unlike most other types of people. But, I always heard rocky was kinda a square and that when he'd hang with mobsters, they would tell underlings to watch out for him because he was naive and clean. In interviews he comes across as humble and decent but of course that would be many, many years after. Of course his being young could have had something to do with it but I was shocked. Italians can keep some secrets. I watched a joe piscopo interview where he apologized to Eddie Murphy (to the camera if he was watching) but all he told was stories of them hanging backstage after shows, nothing negative. Italians were rightly proud of Rocky so it's good they didn't go around badmouthing him like just about any other culture would. But I thought Rocky was one of the many champions who never had legal issues. I don't know how serious an army felony is, if it's the same as a civilian felony or what but it's shocking.

also, i think i read stories of him hanging guys out windows who owed him money. I worked for a guy once who said he was Indian but other people said he was Italian or Mexican, no one seemed to know. He lent me some money, I should have never taken it because he started pressuring me right away to get it back and me, well, i'm not just sammy lunchmeat, i'll hurt someone and I thought he was trying to get me to a point where he was going to do something. I paid him and ended the friendship immediately, it was very dissapointing because as an indian "brother" I thought it was an opportunity to try to work together and to find it was even worse than working for any other types of people was depressing, I told myself never again. I never found out exactly how much indian he was but i'm pretty sure he was, he also spoke fluent spanish but others said he was italian and reading those stories of how rocky and or mobsters act about money, it reminded me of him

like what? I never heard much, i suppose the people around him shielded him from a lot of that, which i good, italians have a thing about not talking unlike most other types of people. But, I always heard rocky was kinda a square and that when he'd hang with mobsters, they would tell underlings to watch out for him because he was naive and clean. In interviews he comes across as humble and decent but of course that would be many, many years after. Of course his being young could have had something to do with it but I was shocked. Italians can keep some secrets. I watched a joe piscopo interview where he apologized to Eddie Murphy (to the camera if he was watching) but all he told was stories of them hanging backstage after shows, nothing negative. Italians were rightly proud of Rocky so it's good they didn't go around badmouthing him like just about any other culture would. But I thought Rocky was one of the many champions who never had legal issues. I don't know how serious an army felony is, if it's the same as a civilian felony or what but it's shocking.

There was a story in Bret Hart’s book(wrestler) where he said Rocky stiffed his family on a booking fee. Rocky died a few weeks later, so he didn’t go in to details.

well, arthur mercante said he also had some kind of business squabble with Rocky and he died soon after , arthur reflected on the "folly of pride" afterwards. Rocky sounds like he was both stingy and stupid with money. complicated character, what do we make of a guy who never quit who'd acquiesce to bar guys by saying something like "Ya, I know you could whip my ass"? I can't even do that which is why I avoid places where tough guys hang out. He'd play the wimp, fucking strange.

Back