Rogan/Cerrone: Karo judo tossed everybody!

Ah yes The Heat, I don’t think he ever had a shot at the title. I remember he would always get close then derailed.
He was supposed to fight Hughes, but got injured. Joe Riggs stepped up, missed weight making it a non title defense and got destroyed by Hughes

The karo nate diaz beef was his shining moment.

Ha ha ! Nate was awesome - he wasn't taking any shit from Karo. Karo was a big shot then and Nate was essentially a nobody, but still wasn't having any of it.

That guy was wicked with that judo skill... Thought the guy would be a danger to the belt back in the day. Plus... him and Nate on TUF... classic. :eek:
He had a title shot booked at 56 i believe it was? Had to drop out injured and Riggs took his place. Never did get another opportunity to have it booked.

Dude was a stud. If he kept himself in shape, mentally and physically, he would have went incredibly far.

Dude was a stud. If he kept himself in shape, mentally and physically, he would have went incredibly far.
Like the Smashing Machine, the opiates were what was his real downfall. If he just smoked weed like the Diaz boys, he would have been fine. F Ronda, Karo was definitely the fighter that used Judo better than anyone in MMA.

Karo was one of my favs back in the days. Karo, George Sotiropoulos and Matt Serra were my top 3 fav fighters. Don't ask me why I liked George. I could never figure out why but I had fun watching him on TUF and his fights in the UFC.

Karo was one of my favs back in the days. Karo, George Sotiropoulos and Matt Serra were my top 3 fav fighters. Don't ask me why I liked George. I could never figure out why but I had fun watching him on TUF and his fights in the UFC.
I remember Sotiropoulos having like a 6 fight win streak, then getting KO’d and going downhill.

Best 80 year old body in UFC history. Better than Coleman’s.

Ha ha ! Nate was awesome - he wasn't taking any shit from Karo. Karo was a big shot then and Nate was essentially a nobody, but still wasn't having any of it.

Will forever love Nate for not taking that shit. Tuf just never will be as good as it used to be.

Karo was awesome to watch in his day. I thought more would come of him. I wrestled all my life but judo has some of the most beautiful throws in the game. Karo/Diego was such a great fight.

Do you guys think the next gen of mma fans are gonna talk about this era the way we talk about the old ones? This current gen of MMA is so garbage and boring lol.

I remember Sotiropoulos having like a 6 fight win streak, then getting KO’d and going downhill.

Best 80 year old body in UFC history. Better than Coleman’s.

I remember tons of people online were screaming for a Gsot title shot. He had a good streak going but wasn't anywhere near as good as his fans thought. His wrestling was mediocre at best fighters just kept engaging on the ground with him for no apparent reason.

Back