Rogan with Michael Chandler

He makes a lot of money in Bellator by being one of their biggest stars. He has the whole organization behind him.

You guys are fucking haters.

Chandlers delivers every single time. One of the most exciting LWs out there. Is he number 1? Hell no, but the guy can bang.

BELLATOR 192 (Jan 2018)
Former Bellator lightweight champion Michael Chandler made $50,000 (with no win bonus) in his unanimous decision win over Goiti Yamauchi.

That same night Rampage and Chael made 300K each.
MacDonald and Lima 100K each.

Based on salary it does not really seem he is a big star and have the whole organization behind him.. But thats just me. (Could also be that Bellator acually does not pay that well....)

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/1/...s-four-fighters-make-a-guaranteed-six-figures

They're all exciting, but most of them have had only a few fights.. they're prospects in the sense that they have a name, saying that they could be world champs just because they trained as a kid and won two fights is laughable.

I'm not a hater, Bellator is cool sometimes, but they in all honesty if you added up all of their interesting fights for the year it would amount to about a card and a half.
No they could become world champs because they have amazing skills as fighters and have already demonstrated that in a small amount of fights? Something tells me you would be praising those same fighters if they were in the UFC. But whatever.

No they could become world champs because they have amazing skills as fighters and have already demonstrated that in a small amount of fights? Something tells me you would be praising those same fighters if they were in the UFC. But whatever.

Aaron Pico with his 1-1 record lol gtfo

No, people like Sage Northcutt are embarrassing but at least he had more than one win lol.

Aaron Pico with his 1-1 record lol gtfo

No, people like Sage Northcutt are embarrassing but at least he had more than one win lol.
He’s actually 2-1 and he’s fighting Saturday against a guy who’s 18-8. What 2-1 fighter fights against guys who have 25 fights? Pico lost his first fight against a guy who was 8-2. Look who Danis fought last weekend. How can you hate on Pico? If he was in UFC you would be creaming your pants.

Pico is 2-1 and also a teenager

Yeah, its kind of too early to talk about Picos record or even potentials.
His is very young and just starting out.
If he keeps his ego in check and keeps on improving, I think we will have a world class, world champion in the making.

BTW Aaron Pico made more money than Chandler at Bellator 192..
He made 30 + 30 Chandler made a flat 50.

BELLATOR 192 (Jan 2018)
Former Bellator lightweight champion Michael Chandler made $50,000 (with no win bonus) in his unanimous decision win over Goiti Yamauchi.

That same night Rampage and Chael made 300K each.
MacDonald and Lima 100K each.

Based on salary it does not really seem he is a big star and have the whole organization behind him.. But thats just me. (Could also be that Bellator acually does not pay that well....)

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/1/...s-four-fighters-make-a-guaranteed-six-figures

After sponsors he made more than most UFC LWs who arent ranked in the top 3.

I've been here for over 10 years, in my time I've seen many "overrated" non-UFC fighter quickly become a fan favourite over in the UFC forum after one or two fights there.

Yeah, Will Brooks really proved he could be a "world champ" in the UFC....

Yeah, Will Brooks really proved he could be a "world champ" in the UFC....
Who the hell ever mentioned Will Brooks? And if we wanna play that game, didn’t Eddie Alvarez go over to the UFC and win the belt? What about Volkov finishing everyone he’s faced? Or Oedzemir? These UFC fanboys will never learn.

Who the hell ever mentioned Will Brooks? And if we wanna play that game, didn’t Eddie Alvarez go over to the UFC and win the belt? What about Volkov finishing everyone he’s faced? Or Oedzemir? These UFC fanboys will never learn.

Wow, you really prove my point with your cherry-picking. Yes, Eddie beat RDA (after RDA had a horrible weight cut which had him passing out before the fight.) The Eddie lost it in a spectacularly embarrassing loss. Want to talk about Hector Lombard's non-success in the UFC? Or Jake Shields, who basically had a breakeven UFC record? Both of those guys were long-time champs outside the UFC and came in with major hype and win streaks.

Wow, you really prove my point with your cherry-picking. Yes, Eddie beat RDA (after RDA had a horrible weight cut which had him passing out before the fight.) The Eddie lost it in a spectacularly embarrassing loss. Want to talk about Hector Lombard's non-success in the UFC? Or Jake Shields, who basically had a breakeven UFC record? Both of those guys were long-time champs outside the UFC and came in with major hype and win streaks.
Why are you trying to diminish Eddie’s win? If RDA had such a tough time with the weight cut and his chin was gone, how did he go 25 mins with Tony Ferguson a few months later? You’re just being a hater. Eddie KO’d the CHAMP. You know the guy who everyone wants to KO? The guy who has the belt? Trying to marginalize that by making weak excuses is just being a hater. Eddie went in there and threw a punch and knocked him out like he intended to do. And Jake Shields never fought in Bellator so idk how this is relevant to the conversation. It’s pathetic how you’re bringing up guys from 2012 in trying to justify your point lol. You have current evidence right now of Bellator guys at the top of the UFC divisions and you’re talking about 2012 lol. Pathetic. Just admit you’re in the wrong here.

I think Chandler is legit. Not sure if he would win the belt but he's a top 10 LW.

Its just a losing argument, Bellator sucks compared the UFC, including the weirdo name.

Don't act like you would go in there and alpha Rogan you dork
I know Bellator is subpar and I don't care for it, but if I was an independent contractor with Bellator, I wouldn't let a talking head who has never fought MMA shit on mt business partners.

You don't have to "alpha" anybody. All you need to do is challenge that person using a variation of the Socrates Questioning method.

He got finished once by Brooks. I don't see the "iffy" in that.

So he lost once clearly. Once. 75% of his losses are iffy.

Plus the stoppage was weird. It was legit, but he just kinda ate the punches, didn’t really go out

So he lost once clearly. Once. 75% of his losses are iffy.

Plus the stoppage was weird. It was legit, but he just kinda ate the punches, didn’t really go out

I believe he waved the fight off and quit, right? That's what I seem to remember.

I believe he waved the fight off and quit, right? That's what I seem to remember.

I honestly don’t remember, it’s been forever and I’ve only watched it once. I just remember he wasn’t defending himself but he wasn’t really out. But you might be right, I dunno.

Edit: literally just watched it. I don’t think he was trying to call off the fight, I think he was trying to complain about something. Then brooks just started hitting him and the ref called it. So KINDA iffy. I wonder what he was complaining about....

Edit again: just watched the highlights. He was like out nevermind, not very iffy.

Last edited:
Of coarse he does..

a3zqvrH40Cdhu.gif

Back