Roger Gracie - Concepts for Maintaining Mount

Some good concepts in here.

I like how he addresses the legs in the armpits mount escape. So many people write that one off as useless, but it's highly effective for me. And the way Roger defends it there is exactly what shuts it down when I try it.

Some good concepts in here.

I like how he addresses the legs in the armpits mount escape. So many people write that one off as useless, but it's highly effective for me. And the way Roger defends it there is exactly what shuts it down when I try it.
I was so happy when he stated talking about countering that mount escape, but usually i feel that most of the time the opponent want to escape from the backdoor, rocking you forwards instead of backwards.

This is by far the most annoying mount escape against flexible guys, they push you forwards, maybe with their feet under your armpits, and squirm under you.

So many people write that one off as useless, but it's highly effective for me.

And the way Roger defends it there is exactly what shuts it down when I try it.

So it is very effective for you, but when you try it people shut it down like Roger shows it? I think your dictionary might be upside down.

I was so happy when he stated talking about countering that mount escape, but usually i feel that most of the time the opponent want to escape from the backdoor, rocking you forwards instead of backwards.

This is by far the most annoying mount escape against flexible guys, they push you forwards, maybe with their feet under your armpits, and squirm under you.

I escape out the backdoor usually as well.

Roger's defense concept of keeping the elbows in tight still shuts that down when I try it. I need to get the feet in the armpits first in order to push out. With the elbows in tight, the armpits aren't there and my feet have nowhere to go.

So it is very effective for you, but when you try it people shut it down like Roger shows it? I think your dictionary might be upside down.

It's highly effective because most people don't defend using the concept Roger shows. Most people just let me get my feet in and then try to smash down on them. That doesn't work too well, and I just pop out the back.

The couple of people who keep their elbows in tight like Roger is showing are the ones it doesn't work on.

man id love to develop a solid mount game due to 90% of people dislike mount cause they lose it id love to study roger or someone else with amazing mount ability

Honestly, I was a little disappointed that he didn't show the defense to the bump hips and go to slx/ashi defense.

In the s-mount (?) position, I'm curious what his response would be to the guy underhooking the leg and lifting it up instead of just grabbing the ankle. That's usually my first inclination if I'm mounted and I see the opportunity

How often does roger update his site? i just went to look and it only had about 150 techniques all together only about 35 no gi i would join if it would be updated more often i guess marcelo and mendes spoiled me with always uploading info but for the price of 25 a month or more it should i feel

When you're hugging someone's head in mount, aren't you supposed to shift your weight towards your posted hand?

At 8:22 he seems quite central. Is he saying just to crush their hips down and that'll do it?

When you're hugging someone's head in mount, aren't you supposed to shift your weight towards your posted hand?

At 8:22 he seems quite central. Is he saying just to crush their hips down and that'll do it?
it really depends what you wana do if my arms under there head im making them eat shoulder so there bumps wont be to explosive and not so worried about getting rolled

Back