Roman Boxing "Gloves" Found

Not sure about this, they have put a picture up of a mocked up version of the 'gloves' on a fucking dummy, i bet the real find was a few leather straps which could have been used for anything

It also makes me ask the question, why would anyone have been buried/died with gloves for fighting on?

They may just have found some bits of leather and tried to make a story of it
How cute, our very own resident Chem Trail clown.

i watched a docu on rome, they had all kinds of spectacles to keep the masses entertained, fights to the death, man against lions, just anything to entertain a crowd, and once it got to a depraved point of where they had virgins being raped by apes or monkeys or something, they said Rome, overnight just flip flopped and got rid of all of it. It's kind of like people if you think about it, the most hardcore christians are always these people who used to suck ten dicks in a row or do all kinds of drugs or hang out with killers.

I’m not sure what you meant by the whole “ hardcore Christian” thing, you’ve posted with me for years. You have to know I love me some Jesus.

Truth be told most people are crippled to some degree and don’t know or won’t admit it. They have no way of handling the stuff they’ve done or was done to them, so it comes out in various and sundry forms of self protection mechanisms like drugs, withdrawal from relationships, pride, excessive work, etc; some of these mechanisms are more socially acceptable but they don’t remove the weight. These burdens men were never meant to carry, but men use the tools they know, typlcally learned from family or friends who were equally broken in there own way. It’s a nasty cycle that passes from generation to generation.

I’m not sure what you meant by the whole “ hardcore Christian” thing, you’ve posted with me for years. You have to know I love me some Jesus.

Truth be told most people are crippled to some degree and don’t know or won’t admit it. They have no way of handling the stuff they’ve done or was done to them, so it comes out in various and sundry forms of self protection mechanisms like drugs, withdrawal from relationships, pride, excessive work, etc; some of these mechanisms are more socially acceptable but they don’t remove the weight. These burdens men were never meant to carry, but men use the tools they know, typlcally learned from family or friends who were equally broken in there own way. It’s a nasty cycle that passes from generation to generation.
didn't mean to hit a nerve cat, no, i never recall hearing about your religious leanings but it's fine with me. I'm just telling you the things I've seen in my life and in church, maybe they were bullshitting some too, you know it makes a better story when you say "oh yeah, I was the worst junkie you ever saw, now look at me" but I heard it a lot. I think that dynamic truly does happen though, just look at some of the entertainers who were wild and got seriously religious, Vanity, Prince, Donna Summers. I'm with you on the being crippled stuff, and I'm spiritual myself, just not religious, they ruined that for me.

didn't mean to hit a nerve cat, no, i never recall hearing about your religious leanings but it's fine with me. I'm just telling you the things I've seen in my life and in church, maybe they were bullshitting some too, you know it makes a better story when you say "oh yeah, I was the worst junkie you ever saw, now look at me" but I heard it a lot. I think that dynamic truly does happen though, just look at some of the entertainers who were wild and got seriously religious, Vanity, Prince, Donna Summers. I'm with you on the being crippled stuff, and I'm spiritual myself, just not religious, they ruined that for me.
I’m kinda 100% sure no offense was meant or taken. You’re both good people.

Naw. You’re good. People who claim to follow Jesus sometimes give Him a bad name, doing and saying things He never would.

Yeah, many people try on a new world view, that doesn’t last. Jesus didnt come to bring just a new world view but a new life.

I with you on the “not religious” stuff, that’s a killer. The whole point of the cross was to open the door for a relationship with their creator, not a new set of rule you can’t live up to. He wants people to know Him.

it's all a mystery to me, i pray all the time and wouldn't mind if you pray for me as I pray for others (sorry to take it off topic folks).

I'd say head movement is vital with those bad boys on.
They remind me of the gloves Maidana wanted to use against May in their first fight.

They are basically. Only cover the knuckles. Pretty cool, though.

5097.jpg
s-l640.jpg

Bullshit.
that's what the docu said, maybe it was bullshit. a lot of the things in those docus was crazy, all those societies were pretty backwards really. I'm sure someday people will look at us as violent and crazy if we survive long enough.

Back