Roman thought he was going over.

The WrestleMania loss to Lesnar after a long, bloody, and physical beating to cap off a month of getting his ass kicked at every turn has completely cut his balls off. Having Samoan Joe roast him the next night put him in a dress.

This...this is perfect.

This...this is perfect.

I'm none too happy about it but it's accurate and it's yet one more instance of something that handicaps this poor shlemiel and somebody had to have seen coming.

I'm none too happy about it but it's accurate and it's yet one more instance of something that handicaps this poor shlemiel and somebody had to have seen coming.

Roman suffers for Vince being wrong, because not getting Cena-level over is soley on him....not Vince or creative...ever

Roman suffers for Vince being wrong, because not getting Cena-level over is soley on him....not Vince or creative...ever

Considering that the same people who wish death on Roman nut in their pants when Vince shows up on RAW... Actually, if Roman left and spent a few months tagging with Tama Tonga and Tanga Loa, his haters would buy his shirt at Hot Topic.

He was never going to be "Cena over." Nobody is. Name a guy since Rock who could do it?

Daniel Bryan? Maybe. But the "Yes movement" was (cross)over as a meme. The man was less so.

CM Punk? CM Punk gave up on wrestling because he couldn't handle the regular schedule and prima donna'd out. No way is he running himself as ragged as Cena has done for fifteen years.

Big Show could've but he was never used right and in direct competition with SCSA and Rock.

The best prospect I see right now is Braun Strowman but he's going to need some work and, even then, it'll take some doing of Cena-esque level.

The best prospect I see right now is Braun Strowman but he's going to need some work and, even then, it'll take some doing of Cena-esque level.
They're also doing their best to slow him down with this stupid, jokey crap.

Considering that the same people who wish death on Roman nut in their pants when Vince shows up on RAW... Actually, if Roman left and spent a few months tagging with Tama Tonga and Tanga Loa, his haters would buy his shirt at Hot Topic.

He was never going to be "Cena over." Nobody is. Name a guy since Rock who could do it?

Daniel Bryan? Maybe. But the "Yes movement" was (cross)over as a meme. The man was less so.

CM Punk? CM Punk gave up on wrestling because he couldn't handle the regular schedule and prima donna'd out. No way is he running himself as ragged as Cena has done for fifteen years.

Big Show could've but he was never used right and in direct competition with SCSA and Rock.

I'm saying Roman is going to be Vince and Creatives scapegoat for failing to be "the guy"

And I agree it's mostly not his fault.

"Creative" has done wonders for ruining good things (Bayley...)

I'm seeing history repeats itself with poorly written characters overshadowing talent.

They're also doing their best to slow him down with this stupid, jokey crap.

In all fairness, the jokey shit got dropped pretty quickly but he's been weak since. I point to his initial run for the Universal Championship as an indicator. Does the job at Battleground to necessitate the UC. Loses to Finn so he doesn't even get to face archnemesis Rollins (who he never got revenge on.) Continuously loses to short fat guy. Oldberg beats short fat guy while Roman is getting Joe and Strowman over. Gets ass kicked for a month before getting slaughtered at WrestleMania as neckbeard cry about his kickouts.

I'm saying Roman is going to be Vince and Creatives scapegoat for failing to be "the guy"

And I agree it's mostly not his fault.

"Creative" has done wonders for ruining good things (Bayley...)

I'm seeing history repeats itself with poorly written characters overshadowing talent.

And this is it. Let them be who and what they are. Just like Roman's weak spot is the back-and-forth promo, Bayley's is any promo. When she can't wow you in a twenty minute segment with Charlotte, you have her get squashed by Bliss in front of her home crowd? Bray goes from being a dangerous and unpredictable cult leader to a cross-dressing Goosebumps villain?

In all fairness, the jokey shit got dropped pretty quickly but he's been weak since. I point to his initial run for the Universal Championship as an indicator. Does the job at Battleground to necessitate the UC. Loses to Finn so he doesn't even get to face archnemesis Rollins (who he never got revenge on.) Continuously loses to short fat guy. Oldberg beats short fat guy while Roman is getting Joe and Strowman over. Gets ass kicked for a month before getting slaughtered at WrestleMania as neckbeard cry about his kickouts.

And this is it. Let them be who and what they are. Just like Roman's weak spot is the back-and-forth promo, Bayley's is any promo. When she can't wow you in a twenty minute segment with Charlotte, you have her get squashed by Bliss in front of her home crowd? Bray goes from being a dangerous and unpredictable cult leader to a cross-dressing Goosebumps villain?
I was talking about Braun.

This is a wrongheaded direction. One of the major Cena issues is that he suffocated the main event and left no space for other stars to grow. Both Bryan and Punk only got to the main event in their mid 30's, not exactly the time for a hip and fresh talent. There are always talents who could have been more but never got the opportunity because in reality there are very few spots.

Roman has had much more help than anyone else but still can't hack. He still never gave a very memorable promo or had a classic match. I can't even think of a moment where he was ever anything special in four plus years of his solo push. Many other talents would've skyrocketed with this support, but Roman is just 1993 Luger extended ad infinum.

The best example is Braun Strowman on the current roster. His look like Roman got him in the door and they just threw him out there. He has a beard, lets make him a Wyatt so goes the lazy logic (while spending days thinking of ways to get Roman over). Okay now hes not, no explanation, lets have him smash jobbers like it's 1983. Hey people are interested in him lets have Roman beat him while we think of ways to get Roman over. They have nothing for the man so have him beat up that guitar guy (his bass promo is more memorable than Reigns' entire run) for some weeks.

Despite now basically being better than Roman in every way (he knows not to have two strikes as his main moves for God's sake) they continue to waste him in crap. A tag title feud with no partner that immediately ended was his Wrestlemania feud this year. He jobbed to Brock multiple times because the only thing that mattered was Roman eventually beating him.

I was talking about Braun.

Fair enough. But the jokey crap might actually get him the "all bases covered" appeal that they wish they could have with Roman.

This is a wrongheaded direction. One of the major Cena issues is that he suffocated the main event and left no space for other stars to grow. Both Bryan and Punk only got to the main event in their mid 30's, not exactly the time for a hip and fresh talent. There are always talents who could have been more but never got the opportunity because in reality there are very few spots.

True and the WM main event spot is the most lamented by detractors. The WM32 match, once Rollins was out, should've been knocked down the card and/or left Roman out as the (still unresolved) feud was between those two. The WM33 match with Undertaker was incredibly poor booking and Roman is good in the ring but not so good (or Cena/Titus freak strong) to do what was needed in that match.

The upside of the brand split is that it does create more "top spots."

Roman has had much more help than anyone else but still can't hack. He still never gave a very memorable promo or had a classic match. I can't even think of a moment where he was ever anything special in four plus years of his solo push. Many other talents would've skyrocketed with this support, but Roman is just 1993 Luger extended ad infinum.

Promos, certainly not anything like Miz on Talking Smack or Dusty's Hard Times but he's had some memorable ones for sure, from the simple "This is my yard." to the cringeworthy "full of suffering succotash" to the pretty good stuff he's done lately. He's got no catch phrase, though. "Believe that" never caught on.

Matches? His hits with AJ, the WM31 with Brock, and the Strowman feud stand out to me first. The matches that made Braun a top guy were the ones that made my wife (who suffers through me watching sometimes) sit up and notice. Two big, physical guys playing demolition derby with each other.
https://whatculture.com/amp/wwe/10-best-roman-reigns-wwe-matches

The best example is Braun Strowman on the current roster. His look like Roman got him in the door and they just threw him out there. He has a beard, lets make him a Wyatt so goes the lazy logic (while spending days thinking of ways to get Roman over). Okay now hes not, no explanation, lets have him smash jobbers like it's 1983. Hey people are interested in him lets have Roman beat him while we think of ways to get Roman over. They have nothing for the man so have him beat up that guitar guy (his bass promo is more memorable than Reigns' entire run) for some weeks.

Despite now basically being better than Roman in every way (he knows not to have two strikes as his main moves for God's sake) they continue to waste him in crap. A tag title feud with no partner that immediately ended was his Wrestlemania feud this year. He jobbed to Brock multiple times because the only thing that mattered was Roman eventually beating him.

You certainly won't catch me saying that Braun Strowman isn't something special. His sheer physical presence and natural demeanor means he can go from crushing groups of grown men to chumming it up with five-foot girls and ten-year-olds. His promo ability is getting better at a quicker rate than Roman's did/has. He's way behind Roman in his ability to work but his strength will carry him until it improves.

The Superman punch getting spammed is pretty poor, though. Detractors are fair on that one and I've never liked the spear finisher but he does it 10x better than Edge, at least.

Last edited:
Here's the truth on Roman Reigns....Daniel Bryan is the sole reason he didn't go over, when he "should have"......A lot of people forget that Roman was voted Superstar of the Year in like 2014, the next year, everyone was booing him....which pretty much started when Daniel was eliminated by Bray Wyatt in the Royal Rumble....The Philly fans went crazy when that happened, and would have probably booed anyone winning that night.

Just think, the year before,....everyone was cheering for Roman to win the Rumble, when it became apparent that Batista was probably gonna win.....Anyway....after that Rumble, even with The Rock giving endorsement, Roman had no chance to get over at that point.....The only time he has been remotely liked as a Baby Face, was when Sheamus was champ. It's been a snowball effect of no one wanting him as the top guy, and some don't even know why they don't want him there....not like his wrestling is completely terrible...he does have limited arsenal...but didn't even the biggest draws like Shawn Michaels and Stone Cold have a "routine" like move set they consistently did each match??

The only thing that will work for Roman at all now...at this point to to make him a Heel...Have him come out and completely dis the fans for the way they've treated him....he can turn into the biggest Heel in the company at this time, without a doubt......Don't think about putting the title on him right now......just start a feud with the "fans" so to speak, as well with a couple of well like Baby Faces, such as Seth Rollins, or Finn Balor.....and turn to "Samoa Joe" type tactics to get him over this way...He can completely blame the fans for his behavior.

Here's the truth on Roman Reigns....Daniel Bryan is the sole reason he didn't go over, when he "should have"......A lot of people forget that Roman was voted Superstar of the Year in like 2014, the next year, everyone was booing him....which pretty much started when Daniel was eliminated by Bray Wyatt in the Royal Rumble....The Philly fans went crazy when that happened, and would have probably booed anyone winning that night.

Just think, the year before,....everyone was cheering for Roman to win the Rumble, when it became apparent that Batista was probably gonna win.....Anyway....after that Rumble, even with The Rock giving endorsement, Roman had no chance to get over at that point.....The only time he has been remotely liked as a Baby Face, was when Sheamus was champ. It's been a snowball effect of no one wanting him as the top guy, and some don't even know why they don't want him there....not like his wrestling is completely terrible...he does have limited arsenal...but didn't even the biggest draws like Shawn Michaels and Stone Cold have a "routine" like move set they consistently did each match??

The only thing that will work for Roman at all now...at this point to to make him a Heel...Have him come out and completely dis the fans for the way they've treated him....he can turn into the biggest Heel in the company at this time, without a doubt......Don't think about putting the title on him right now......just start a feud with the "fans" so to speak, as well with a couple of well like Baby Faces, such as Seth Rollins, or Finn Balor.....and turn to "Samoa Joe" type tactics to get him over this way...He can completely blame the fans for his behavior.

The conflict between his ascension to the top tier with Daniel Bryan's return wasn't helping him out, that's for sure. But the biggest problem was that somebody leaked that he was "The next John Cena" when nobody wanted to see the original John Cena much (and confirmed by smark god CM Punk.) After that, every match was a "push," every win was "Superman treatment," and every loss was "protected." Then, they kept changing what worked for the guy to try and get the support of people wishing death on his family for the grave offense of impressing management. As a result, his approval ratings dropped as he alienated more and more fans. Vince, out of touch, tried to make a plucky and sympathetic underdog out of a handsome, jacked linebacker and he started getting the shit beat out of him... and never getting his payback. Nobody likes a loser. They've lost the kids and girls at this point. Now he's whining for sympathy. It's not working. He should've won the title, come out the next night on RAW, and cut a promo on the fans.

I can lament the fucking up of Roman, Bray, Bayley, Ziggler, American Alpha, etc as incompetence.

But you gotta be a special kind of a cunt to do that to a dude... twice.
Fuck him. They gave him Taker last year, and a bajillion opportunities with the ball.

Fuck him. They gave him Taker last year, and a bajillion opportunities with the ball.

I'll admit that many of the greats would have made opportunities out of Roman's push but the dude is on rails and ill-suited for what they're trying to do. They want Hulk. He's a Randy.

And lofl at how they "gave him 'Taker." Cena and Randy turned the match down because it was a leaky bag and Roman was the biggest name at the time who could maneuver broken Taker halfway decent. They "gave him" a 6'9" 275lb sandbag with a broken hip. The match was far too long and it was inescapably awful. It never should have happened but it was #4 out five or six "last match ever" for the dead man so how are you not going to send him off? Roman was the heel but they wouldn't commit to it a week afterward. It did him no favors.

But the greats can make chicken salad out of chicken shit. And that's one thing Roman has certainly sermed to fail at thus far.

Last edited:
Cant wait for my trip to Saudi Arabia where I will cheer him on to his next title champion victory

Roman is best wrestling WWF,

I'll admit that many of the greats would have made opportunities out of Roman's push butvthe dude is on raiks and ill-suited for what they're trying to do. They want Hulk. He's a Randy.

And lofl at how they "gave him 'Taker." Cena and Randy turned the match down because it was a leaky bag and Roman was the biggest name at the time who could maneuver broken Taker halfway decent. They "gave him" a 6'9" 275lb sandbag with a broken hip. The match was far too long and it was inescapably awful. It never should have happened but it was #4 out five or six "last match ever" for the dead man so how are you not going to send him off? Roman was the heel but they wouldn't commit to it a week afterward. It did him no favors.

But the greats can make chicken salad out of chicken shit. And that's one thing Roman has certainly sermed to fail at thus far.
They gave him a symbolic retirement of an all time great. Taker's ability had nothing to do with it. It was about getting Roman over. He managed to keep his heat for 24 hours. Roman sucks.

They gave him a symbolic retirement of an all time great. Taker's ability had nothing to do with it. It was about getting Roman over. He managed to keep his heat for 24 hours. Roman sucks.

Roman is talented.
Vince is stubbornly fixated on faces.
Do not make me doubt El Dandy.

Roman is talented.
Vince is stubbornly fixated on faces.
Do not make me doubt El Dandy.
I'm not arguing the first two, but it's up to Roman to figure out how to get over as a face, and he can't. Thus, he sucks. No issues with his in ring work, or when he works as an a-hole, but if stubborn Vince wants him as a face, he needs to make the most out of all of the silver platters he's been handed.

Back