Romero vs. Costa not fighting at UFC 230

MM808

808er
@Black
Reaction score
Currently on Ariel’s show, Yoel just stated that he needs 4-5 months to recover from surgery. Kind of hard to understand what he’s saying exactly but it seems like the fight is off for now.

Typical UFC smh. Fight was never signed from the start, yet they said it’s official.

Last edited:
Terrible news.

The fight will definitely happen at some point though.

The fight shouldn't have been announced by the UFC in the first place.

Making official announcements without informing the fighters is bush league shit, and they've done it over and over again for years.

At least there aren't as many people who reflexively take Dana/UFC's side against the fighters anymore.

Last edited:
Cancel Weidman vs Rockhold.

Feed Costa the Chris so The Young Lion can avenge The Old Lion Vitor

vitor_belfort_by_shomanart-d7axx78.jpg

And Luke can fight Kelvin while Whittaker recovers

Wonder who's next for Costa then.

Yoel dodged a bullet there. Costa would have knocked his head all the way back to Cuba.

The fight shouldn't have been announced by the UFC in the first place.

Making official announcements without informing the fighters is bush league shit, and they've done it over and over again for years.

At least there aren't as many people who reflexively take Dana/UFC's side against the fighter's anymore.
Ariel is right again lol. Dana must be pissed even more now.

scumbag move by the ufc announcing without first telling the fighters and second without making sure the fight is 100% on. In a sense I like it since I think it's just potentially destroying a future star in paulo costa. and I also didn't want romero to lose, so there's that

as BC said, feed weidman to costa and the smart move to romero would be to move to 205. it's a wasteland there and he can definitely win the title, and he would also have an easier cut

Pfft yes feed him weidman or rockhold lol i bet rockhold would jump to 205 if that happened weidman would man up for it though

If they announced the fight before both guys had signed for it that's fucked

Costa vs Weidman?

scumbag move by the ufc announcing without first telling the fighters and second without making sure the fight is 100% on. In a sense I like it since I think it's just potentially destroying a future star in paulo costa. and I also didn't want romero to lose, so there's that

as BC said, feed weidman to costa and the smart move to romero would be to move to 205. it's a wasteland there and he can definitely win the title, and he would also have an easier cut
Romero just stated that he has no desire to move up and never wanted to in the first place.

I just really wanna see Brazilian platinum against a top 5 guy and watch him destroy them. Hopefully he gets a replacement.

Costa bless.

Someone said they announce fights before they are finalized (even though they get pissed if Ariel leaks it) in order to bully one fighter to accept the fight when still recovering from injury. It's like they want the other guy they are pushing to have an advantage.

Back