Ronaldo de Assis Moreira

Koro_11

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
No not Cristiano Ronaldo you newbs, and not Ronaldo Nazario aka Fenómeno… I’m talking about the man better known by his nickname Ronaldinho.

He didn’t score the most goals, he didn’t win the most trophies, he didn’t win the most player of the year awards and he really doesn’t hold any special records that would on paper put him on par with other giants of the game.

That said, to me this is the greatest player to ever lace up a pair of cleats. Despite not having the stats and the longevity of
a Messi or Pele or whoever you rank #1, what he had could not be quantified by numbers. Simply put the man was an artist, and in his prime he was untouchable. No one has ever played the beautiful game more beautifully.

1134575.jpg

Reactions: Zer
He was a really special player. Completely essential viewing back in his Barca prime. There were loads of incredible players around then who I loved watching but Ronaldinho had entertainment value off the charts

Maybe the most naturally skilled with a ball of all time in terms of ball handling. But not the goat, probably not top 5, maybe not even top 10 goat for many. He might’ve been goat material if he took his career more seriously.

No not Cristiano Ronaldo you newbs, and not Ronaldo Nazario aka Fenómeno… I’m talking about the man better known by his nickname Ronaldinho.

He didn’t score the most goals, he didn’t win the most trophies, he didn’t win the most player of the year awards and he really doesn’t hold any special records that would on paper put him on par with other giants of the game.

That said, to me this is the greatest player to ever lace up a pair of cleats. Despite not having the stats and the longevity of
a Messi or Pele or whoever you rank #1, what he had could not be quantified by numbers. Simply put the man was an artist, and in his prime he was untouchable. No one has ever played the beautiful game more beautifully.

1134575.jpg

Magic in every meaning of the word.

Maybe the most naturally skilled with a ball of all time in terms of ball handling. But not the goat, probably not top 5, maybe not even top 10 goat for many. He might’ve been goat material if he took his career more seriously.
I actually agree with pretty much everything you said, if we are to determine goat status by accomplishments and accolades, then he’s definitely not there.

But in terms of pure talent and potential, I think he was the most naturally gifted footballer that I’ve ever seen.

Back