Crime Ronaldo facing over $1 billion lawsuit over Cryptocurrency Losses

Advertisements are misleading by nature. That's why a real Big Mac looks like a pile of shit when you order it, compared to what is advertised on TV. Shit, that's why they have athletes promoting that garbage, when in reality, they would never touch it. You have to think for yourself in this world.
Funny you should mention fast food restaurants specifically.

McDonald’s and Wendy’s win false advertising lawsuit

US District Judge Hector Gonzalez ruled that Wendy’s and McDonald’s food images “are no different than other companies’ use of visually appealing images to foster positive associations with their products.” He also said that disclaimers listed on the chains’ websites were “prominent” and gave “objective information about the weight and caloric content of those meals.”

Major fast food chains, including Burger King, Arby’s and Taco Bell, have all been targets lately for lawsuits that allege they’re misrepresenting food in their marketing. The explosion has been largely driven by the efforts of a handful of lawyers arguing that food in ads appears more bountiful than what customers actually get.

“We saw a record number of food litigation lawsuits filed from 2020 to 2023, with hundreds of new suits every year,” Tommy Tobin, a lawyer at Perkins Coie and a lecturer at UCLA School of Law, recently told CNN. “Food litigation is a fast-growing area of law,” he added.

In response, the fast food chains deny the accusations. Burger King, for example, said about a similar lawsuit that “reasonable consumers viewing food advertising know” that food in ads “has been styled to make it look as appetizing as possible.”

I have to admit though, at least when the Japanese do it with their food it actually looks like what you'll get if you order it almost all the time. The difference between what you see and what you get at North American fast food restaurants is why I almost never eat at them. That's an individual choice, however, and I agree with the judge in this case.

I think there is likely quite a bit of context missing here. I'm not saying the suit is anything but frivolous--no idea, really--but I can see, for example, if he was warned in various ways that he was endorsing a scam and continued to do it anyway, it could be argued he bears some responsibility for what transpired. More likely, they're going after him because they company that actually wronged them has no money left to pay them anything--well, none they'll get their hands on anytime soon, that is.
That might be true for a C level celebrity or athlete but Ronaldo is not going to ruin his brand for a million dollar payout on a commercial. I bet he turns down tons of commercials, and could easily make it up.
I also agree the reason they are going after Ronaldo is the company has no money to give.

That might be true for a C level celebrity or athlete but Ronaldo is not going to ruin his brand for a million dollar payout on a commercial. I bet he turns down tons of commercials, and could easily make it up.
I also agree the reason they are going after Ronaldo is the company has no money to give.
People do dumb/strange things all the time. What I didn't do is offer up an opinion that is open to interpretation. But let me try again. I provided a plausible reason why the lawsuit might not be baseless, not whether it is or it isn't, and without further information, the whining about the people bringing the suit isn't really warranted, necessarily. Let's see what a judge decides.

How is a celebrity endorser supposed to know if a company is scamming people behind the scenes?

- And a player. Anfd the dude isnt even one of the two real Ronaldos!

ronaldo-fenomeno-ronaldinho-gaucho.jpg

Back