Ronda Rousey: I thought God hates me after UFC loss to Amanda Nunes

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score

“I remember my last fight, walking away thinking ‘God hates me.’ I had nothing left in me,” Rousey said.

Rousey said speaking with her husband, UFC heavyweight Travis Browne, is what helped her get out of her post-loss rut. After a run as the most dominant fighter in UFC history, Rousey lost twice straight by knockout, the first of course coming against Holly Holm at UFC 193in November 2015.

“My husband is amazing and he really brought me out of some tough times,” Rousey said. “He would just look at me and just say like, ‘You’re not only this. You’re more than just a fighter.’ That’s not a bad thing, that’s not something I should be ashamed of, it’s something that I should embrace and showcase to the world and that’s why I’m here.

Since January, Rousey has been an official member of the WWE roster. Though she has not officially retired from the UFC and has left a small window open for a return, the former Olympic medalist in judo said pro wrestling is now her full-time gig. “Rowdy” will also likely do movies and other television shows in addition to WWE.

“I’m not afraid to care anymore,” Rousey said. “I needed to be miserable then to be truly happy now. It’s all led to this and I didn’t even realize that I’ve always been on this path.”

https://www.mmafighting.com/platfor...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Dayum.

I know she was uber-obnoxious in the past, but that is legit sad that she felt that way.

Brutal.

He may hate you, but i love you!

Chael Sonnen: Ronda Rousey is my best buddy and im a big fan; but she is not a fighter. The definition of fighter changed in my lifetime. A fighter isn't someone who dominates in easy times.

This bitch is so full of herself it’s unreal.
She gave 0 fucks for everyone she beat yet she has this attitude we should feel bad for her after her losses.

Jesus, Angle looks like he has end-stage Palumboism.

giphy.gif

Stop with this poor me bullshit Ronda. This kind of mind set is why you lost to Amanda. God doesn't hate you, this is just karma for being a cunt to your past opponents.

How the ego attempts to protect itself...

You lose a couple of fights and you think god hates you? That's some victim-narcissistic shit if I've ever heard it

I'm not sure that was meant to be taken literally

Is rousey super religious

Everything has led to this moment...
Becoming a fake wrestler.

{<jordan}

All those suicide alert jokes never felt so real in hindsight. Honestly all she had to do was accept the Holm lost and I think she would have endured better against the Nunez lost. It's easier said that done.

Back