Media Ronda Rousey says “I’m the greatest fighter that has ever lived.”

Did Rousey have the worst coach of any champion in UFC history? It seems like she would've been better off with no coach than with Tarverdyan.
Best way, IMO, to judge a coach is to see the difference before and after being coached by that person.

Every person that went to Edmond (Travis, Story, etc) noticeably declined in skillset after going to him. Ronda having world class Judo was present before she met him so he gets no credit for that. The only thing he "gave" her was a dangerous illusion about her striking fundamentals while not improving them after years of bullshit pad work videos.

So yeah, under that criteria he is demonstrably a terrible coach IMO / in the running for the worst for sure.

IMO she wasnt capable of learning those skills. Some shit you cant teach to certain people. Brock Lesnar IMO was NEVER going to look like a good boxer, no matter how much he trained (and he couldnt take a punch very well either) and I put Rhonda in that same cat. The second I saw her throw a punch in that viral gif I knew she's was a one trick pony. I dont believe any amount of training was going ot make her better than she was.

Thank you. I'm tired of people saying that Ronda should have had a real coach. She chose Edmundo BECAUSE she didn't want to be embarrassed being the slow one at a gym learning new stuff. She would have invented an excuse to make a real coach the villain and go running back to an Edmond type.

I think she COULD have learned some serviceable striking, but it would have taken a year+ of abusive training like how her mother would attempt to mug her at random to beat judo into her. After becoming successful, she never wanted to go back to that. So, yes. Any normal coach wouldn't have been able to teach her good striking.

9781094266961.fda3f7dd-f305-4e32-99e2-1da7072b1238

Our boy Miyamoto Musashi and his 61-0 record in sword duels is nothing compared to Ronda.

What about aliens or multiverse earths where a whole new form of judo is a worldwide religion and everybody knows how to catch an armbar?!?

You don't KNOW there aren't better aliens and/or multidimensional fighters!
I’ll let your silly little brain worry about those thoughts, bye bye now

There was a time when Ronda Rousey was the best fighter in Women's MMA. In the context of her entire career she was clearly not the best ever. She overestimated her striking and got KO'd by Holly Holmes where she lost her confidence / mojo. Then she literally got fed to the lions when she came back to fight Nunes. She was clearly not confident and wilted as soon as she started getting touched up. I'm sure she took some damage during her career, but I think her fall was more mental than the neurological excuses she kept trotting out.

Getting blasted has caused many fighters to lose their edge. Weidman, Rockhold, Barao, Till, Hendricks, Reyes, Walker, Moraes, Garbrandt, Ferguson and many others. Some fighters have come back from adversity with later career resurgences like Oliveira, but most don't. The stress of being a long running champion and fighting the top contenders on a regular basis can wear you down. GSP was smart to take time off and eventually had a successful comeback fight for a second weight class belt. There are many reasons why there are so few champions who put together long championship winning streaks. For every Jones, Silva, GSP, DJ, Aldo, etc. there are Rockhold's and Garbrandt's.

The Amanda Nunes fight was like a snuff film. Holy cow . Watched it again

There are 5 fighters that have equal or more UFC championship titles than Ronda has total MMA victories.... Nunes being one of them.

Back