Ronda Rousey to the WWE

What do you guys expect? She has hip issues and was physically on the back end of her career and too far into to reivent herself. Rampage was in a similar position with shot knees snd looking out for a paycheck. Rhonda was very good at what she was good at and got pretty far for being one dimensional. Still, it isnt like there are a bunch of women who would be favored. What the hell do you do at the end of your career when you dont have enough time to learn a new skill and what your doing doesnt work against the best? Hughes was done as soon as everything caught up with him, too. Other than GSP, what champ doesnt get caught?

Last edited:
FFS!

they are going to ruin the WWE by showing her ugly face

anyway, she has had enough practice, lets stop pretending she fought legit competition, most of her opponents were part time entertainers just coming to collect the paycheck by Lorenzo/Dana
Lol
Very angry.
Perhaps time to come to out of the closet?

What do you guys expect? She has hip issues and was physically on the back end of her career and too far into to reivent herself. Rampage was in a similar position with shot knees snd looking out for a paycheck. Rhonda was very good at what she was good at and got pretty far for being one dimensional. Still, it isnt like there are a bunch of women who would be favored. What the hell do you do at the end of your career when you dont have enough time to learn a new skill and what your doing doesnt work against the best? Hughes was done as soon as everything caught up with him, too.

It's possible her knees may be shot as some people claim here but Ronda was in the prime of her career. She is young, barely took any damage in her fights and was champion for less than 3 years before being beat. It was obvious her striking was her down fall. Furthermore I feel like it's an excuse to say she's physically in bad shape and that she's too battle worn/end of her career to learn how to strike in one of the weakest divisions at 30 years olds with like 14 fights under her belt.

Rampage Jackson was a different case all together. The guy had a full career in Pride, fighting top level competition. He fought, endured, and lost in some of the most brutal ways ever imagined. Yet he didn't run away, he joined the UFC and was able to come back and win the UFC gold. He had 32 fights before stepping a single foot into the UFC cage, with a grand total of 49 pro fights. Ronda Rousey was wearing the UFC gold with 5 fights under her belt.

Matt Hughes had 45 fights before losing to GSP and was in his mid 30s.

Ronda Rousey has terrible stand up and she knows it finally caught up with her.

It's possible her knees may be shot as some people claim here but Ronda was in the prime of her career. She is young, barely took any damage in her fights and was champion for less than 3 years before being beat. It was obvious her striking was her down fall. Furthermore I feel like it's an excuse to say she's physically in bad shape and that she's too battle worn/end of her career to learn how to strike in one of the weakest divisions at 30 years olds with like 14 fights under her belt.

Rampage Jackson was a different case all together. The guy had a full career in Pride, fighting top level competition. He fought, endured, and lost in some of the most brutal ways ever imagined. Yet he didn't run away, he joined the UFC and was able to come back and win the UFC gold. He had 32 fights before stepping a single foot into the UFC cage, with a grand total of 49 pro fights. Ronda Rousey was wearing the UFC gold with 5 fights under her belt.

Matt Hughes had 45 fights before losing to GSP and was in his mid 30s.

Ronda Rousey has terrible stand up and she knows it finally caught up with her.

MMA was a bookend to her judo carrer. She couldn't do judo anymore due to injuries.

MMA was a bookend to her judo carrer. She couldn't do judo anymore due to injuries.

I don't doubt she had injuries over the course of her Judo career but to what extent and if it affected her MMA career is all that matters in this context.

Are you saying she went over to the WWE partly due to her injuries? That's plausible I guess.

Do you feel like she lost both matches with Holms and Nunes due to these issues? Personally I don't feel like that was the case. She lost because her stand up was very weak and finally fought other WMMA's who had semi respectable striking.

I don't doubt she had injuries over the course of her Judo career but to what extent and if it affected her MMA career is all that matters in this context.

Are you saying she went over to the WWE partly due to her injuries? That's plausible I guess.

Do you feel like she lost both matches with Holms and Nunes due to these issues? Personally I don't feel like that was the case. She lost because her stand up was very weak and finally fought other WMMA's who had semi respectable striking.

Read my post. It was a combination of stuff in my opinion. Physically she was not at her peak and more rounded fighters were showing up in the ranks. She wasnt going to ever be champ again. Just like Hughes. Too old and everyone starts catching up. Hughes could have called it a night after GSP.

Im 100% sure she can win the WWE hw belt under the right circunstances.

I would assume the use of leverage in judo will translate nicely into pro wrasslin.

I would assume the use of leverage in judo will translate nicely into pro wrasslin.

It can. but biggest hurdle is knowing how to take a bump & how to freely give your body up to the person's offense

Have a hard time picturing her having sucess there. No charisma, ugly, no acting talent even for low wwe standards.

Sure If the boss wants her to win she will but imo they will use whats left of her fame and then dump her.

I doubt HHH and Steph McMahon will just dump her. She's their way to boost viewership from women and MMA viewers. How are fellow female wrestlers gonna take it when the writers make her an unbeatable machine? Plus they'll have to carry her 90% in matches because Ronda isn't athletic enough to pull off many moves. She'll basically slap a bitch and choke them out.

It'll be like what they did with Goldberg recently, but horrible because nobody likes Ronda.

Kinda seems like too little too late at this point.

Her career was hot in 2015, and it's almost 2018 now. She might get some initial fan reaction, but I question how sustainable a WWE career will be with her limited acting and mic skills.

Kinda seems like too little too late at this point.

Her career was hot in 2015, and it's almost 2018 now. She might get some initial fan reaction, but I question how sustainable a WWE career will be with her limited acting and mic skills.

She isn't do a FT WWE career.
She is coming in to do a 4h angle

It doesn't need to "sustain"

She isn't do a FT WWE career.
She is coming in to do a 4h angle

It doesn't need to "sustain"

she will 100% be a part timer. then she doesnt need to be in the wellness program

TMZ is saying "no deal" & that there are no negotiations
The first can be true, but the second is BS since RR was training at the WWE Performance Center in Florida

She is shooting MILE 22 with Wahlberg (I had no idea that film started) right now

Looks like a change
Duke & Shafir are no longer training (maybe they couldn't hack it)
Rumor is Ronda might go against Asuka who is undefeated & has been beating people with an armbar the past month

Back