Ronda Rousey will be inducted into the International Sports Hall of Fame

Verace

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
on March 3 and during the ceremony she will also receive her 6th degree black belt in Judo. Her mother, AnnMaria DeMars will also be there to receive her 7th degree black belt.

-per Damon Martin

{<RR}

Does she deserve the spot sherdog? Have any other MMA fighters received these honors before? (edit/update: apparently bas ruten is as well along with her, but im not sure if there were any before that)

It's only fair. She's a great boxer.

Fuck it... Olympic medal and a UFC belt... Why not?

Give me arms purposely or take a fall for me and I'll be in a Hall of Fame too. Can't wait for the acne WWE fans to hate her with serious passion after their favorite female entertainers are jobbing to her in seconds.

LOL. The ultimate participation trophy. How can you be a hall famer if you can't even talk about your losses?

Olympic medal, UFC champion, first ever womens UFC champion, multiple title defences, brought WMMA to the forefront and has people talking about MMA.

Seems fair to me.

Ridiculous. For all the shit it catches the UFC deserves a million pats on the back for that promotional hype job.

regardless of how we think of her it's fairly obvious that her impact was significant. ask any casual who they think of when you question them about ufc... her name comes up fairly often. ask ANY woman in North America born in the last 50 years and its the ONLY name they know.

View attachment 344271

Yea who did Ronda beat? Cans like Bethe Correia?

Well she beat Meisha Tate twice who promptly took the belt from Holly. So there's that.

I didn't like her personality or grabbimg these ridiculous notions shoved down my throat either (beating Cain etc), but that's no reason to discount her accomplishments.

Olympic medal, UFC champion, first ever womens UFC champion, multiple title defences, brought WMMA to the forefront and has people talking about MMA.

Seems fair to me.
Olympic medal in a pool more shallow than the UFC's current 205 division. First ever champ and multiple defenses thanks to deliberate matchmaking. "Brought WMMA to the forefront" thanks to said matchmaking and marketing. She was a good fighter with negative charisma. There are plenty of those who aren't being inducted into any hall of fames, much less one encompassing every sport around the world.

If we're being honest the UFC deserves her spot in the HoF for blowing the sport up with a carefully crafted novelty act.

I guess being the biggest sore loser to grace any sport ever is something. Don't think it's an accomplishment anyone should be inducted into hall of fame or rewarded for tho.

They mustve confused her with her male counterpart Ron DeRousey.

Back