Ronda Rousey will be inducted into the International Sports Hall of Fame

Miesha wasnt anything like ronda. Ronda dominated in the cage,destroying all until her time came. Pillow fists didnt have shit to do w it. Miesha didnt have that in your face fedor smashmouth style nor was she capable of that. Few women show anywhere near that kind of tenacity.

Yea who was Ronda destroying? A bunch c level cans. Her only worthy win was against Cat Zingano who rushed her like a moron. If they rematched Zingano would have smoked her.

Don' forget the strikeforce world championship.

Why not?
Because she acted and still acts like a psycho.
She was also a paper champ in MMA who got exposed as a fraud. Why? She ducked a weight class and avoided cyborg.
She did duck a weight class and avoid Cyborg... The psycho thing doesn't take away from her prowess as a sportsperson although that's true as well... I'm not seeing the paper champ thing though - she took a belt from a champ, moved it over to another org, and defended it several times.

I'm no Ronda fan, but on top of an Olympic medal, that's a hell of an achievement... Personality aside, she does desere some credit.

Isn't it funny that on one hand she was this "delusional fraud" who "bought into her own hype", "boxing skills" and "really believed she could beat Cain and Floyd" - but on the other hand she "ducked a whole weight class" and Cyborg.

Hmm..

<21>

Any place where rational thought prevails will consider the level of competition she earned her (bronze) medal. The casual demographic she was promoted to will obviously not care and will be sold either way.

And I never said there was anything wrong with her matchmaking. Her matchmaking was superb. Nobody with any level of striking to speak of (until Holm and by that point Rousey's boxing ability had reached galactic levels of hype) and all sub-par grapplers in comparison. She was queen during the era of Zumba fitness fighters filling the division and she deserves a footnote for her accomplishments but sports hall of fame not so much. Your claim that she's the best WMMA fighter ever is laughable.
-You're making up shit, women's judo is stacked. It's very hard to qualify to the olympic team.
Not to mention she medals 5 times in the pan american, and medaled once in the world judo championship(silver). and for whatever it's worth, she's a 4th degree black belt. Can you even name anybody at that year? Like oh idk, Masae Ueno who has a resume stacked with gold medals easily one of the best female judokas alive?

-What's all this holly mumbo jumbo, holly wasn't in the ufc back then, and they gave her the title shot as fast as possible(only after 2 UFC fighter) so your claim about favorable matchmaking is refuted. Not that you actually gave it a thought, it was just the hate towards her god-awful personality talking through you.

-Tate choked holmes to sleep anyway, and ronda dominated tate twice.
zingano was more than a decent striker and ronda broke records KOing her.

-What strikers could you have possibly be thinking of? the current 135 champ? Ronda EASILY ko'ed 2 girls right after they KO'ed Amanda Nunes.

Imagine if Ronda was at AKA instead of that slimy wiesel con artist. Fucking ronda got pimped/brainwashed and her mom agrees.

I like Meisha Tate but she wasn't a great fighter. She fought with a lot of heart but she was a pillow fisted smaller version of Honda. Cat should be fighting Cyborg. As soon as she does she's done.

The same Cat that Ronda finished in like 10 seconds?

People say she's the reason why women fight in the UFC now ( like if it were a good thing). Pfff, PPV's would still be half way good if she never came along. She crushed cans, why not award her, go ahead.

Ronda is cringe as fuck but at least she put her title on the line. Yeah she beat a lot of neighborhood moms but she also beat Cat Zingano and Meisha Tate x2. More than I can say for Conor. Anyways fuck them both. They're both a product of the UFC hype machine.

You all realize this so called " international" hof is not legit at all. They could give her an introduction into the " best dogs that do calculus " hof and it would have similar significance.

Ronda was never anything special in judo. She wasn't elite and barely got a 4th place in one of the weakest divisions. 70kg, that is somewhere around 155lbs - how many women that big are out there? Tall and big women go into sports like volleyball, tennis or swimming. These bigger weight classes in women's judo are mostly overweight women or some rare freaks. Ronda didn't want to fight at a weightclass bellow because she would be obliterated by the judokas like Ayumi Tanimoto and Lucie Decosse. The best woman at Ronda's weight class in judo was Masae Ueno who was LEVELS above Ronda. Ronda was to her what Tonya Evinger was to Cyborg.

It's funny how these WMMA fans don't actually know anything about women sports. I follow women sports, just don't particularly like WMMA because it has horrible athletes compared to other women sports. It's pathetic to pick WMMA fighters to represent women sports.

Without Ronda there would be no Thug Rose, no Joanna, no Amanda Nunes, no Holly Holm, no Meisha Tate, or no Valentina

What a dumb argument. Valentina was fighting long before Ronda.

UFC is garbage so whether Ronda gave WMMA a platform in the UFC or not doesn't really mean anything to me. MMA existed and will exist without the UFC.

Yea who was Ronda destroying? A bunch c level cans. Her only worthy win was against Cat Zingano who rushed her like a moron. If they rematched Zingano would have smoked her.
The division isnt substantially better than it was in rondas day. There are like 2 new fighters of note,one of which who already lost to zingano. There is no evidence zingano would "smoke" rousey,had they rematched,nor that she would win at all.

on March 3 and during the ceremony she will also receive her 6th degree black belt in Judo. Her mother, AnnMaria DeMars will also be there to receive her 7th degree black belt.

-per Damon Martin

{<RR}

Does she deserve the spot sherdog? Have any other MMA fighters received these honors before? (edit/update: apparently bas ruten is as well along with her, but im not sure if there were any before that)
Not a Ronda fan, but she deserves it on her Judo accomplishments alone

The division isnt substantially better than it was in rondas day. There are like 2 new fighters of note,one of which who already lost to zingano. There is no evidence zingano would "smoke" rousey,had they rematched,nor that she would win at all.

Are you that delusional? Cat Zingano rushed Ronda and got arm bared in two seconds. That was a fluke. Cat is just a bigger stronger version of Ronda with better ground and pound. Cat was getting annihilated by Nunes until Nunes gased out. In a rematch Nunes would retire her officially.

Nobody Ronda beat can beat Nunes, Shevchenko or Cris Cyborg today. Rousey certainly couldn't. In fact I'm willing to bet now that shes been exposed and figured out even cans like Bethe Correia could beat her.

Rousey is done.

The same Cat that Ronda finished in like 10 seconds?

Obviously Cat doesn't have the highest fighting IQ but she is a better fighter than Ronda. Look into what happened in Cats personal life. I wont post it here out of respect but you can Google it.

Either way Rondas only credible win against Cat was a fluke. Cat gets retired soon by Cyborg after she crushes this can.

Name the "cans" she fought.

Name the "cans" she fought.

Everyone she beat besides Cat Zigano and even she gets retired after she rematches Nunes or fights Cyborg.

I love Meisha but she was a pillow fisted can. Now that competition has elevated the fighters Ronda beat are obsolete. They need striking ability to get to the top to beat Nunes, Shevchenko and Cyborg. In a couple years the division will be flooded with more Shevchenkos and Nunes level STRIKERS.

Rouseys can fed era is over. No more easy fights that cater to her one dimensional fighting style. Dana is still trying to promote pretty cans like Paige Van Zant but they get exposed fast.

Are you that delusional? Cat Zingano rushed Ronda and got arm bared in two seconds. That was a fluke. Cat is just a bigger stronger version of Ronda with better ground and pound.
JWyWFHh.gif

I7pwjrI.gif

Reversed, out grappled and submitted in seconds. "Fluke".

<21>

Honda bless.

777d7df81d589acd11df0a6ac2ce24d0.jpg

JWyWFHh.gif

I7pwjrI.gif

Reversed, out grappled and submitted in seconds. "Fluke".

<21>

Honda bless.

777d7df81d589acd11df0a6ac2ce24d0.jpg

Yeah she rushed her with a flying knee. Like I said Cat has that fighter IQ. Cat still beats Lousey today. And Cat still gets retired after she fights Cyborg.

Back