Ronda Rousey WWE "Action"... Thoughts?

She really is embarrassing in her mic work. I was watching a clip and she brutally fucked up a very simple line she had. She asked her opponent if she was right or left handed, opponent answers, then Ronda is supposed to say "good, you can still sign my checks after I rip the other one off" or something like that, but she butchered the line and had to redo it. WWE are figuring out what Hollywood figured out years ago: she can't act and she doesn't have any charisma.

I imagine they'll run her Wrestlemania match like they did with Mr. T and Hulk Hogan at Wrestlemania 1, where Mr. T hit some amateur wrestling spots on Roddy Piper and Hogan did all the work.

If they have Ronda take a move and she has to sell it and pretend to be hurt, it's going to be really cringey.
She got put through the table Monday and was laying on the ground staring at Stephanie. Not even selling it.

Now that I remember!

isaac-yankem.jpg
Good thing he dropped that Isaac Yankem gimmick because that was number 1 bullshit.

What made Ronda Rousey immensely popular in MMA was her cringey bad girl persona coupled with the way she absolutely dismantled bitches with her grappling and then took their arms. Everyone knew what she was trying to do and it was a few years before anyone could stop it.

Sounds to me like WWE correctly identified and tried to replicate those factors.

So I've basically been living under a rock when it comes to WWE since 2001, but I was aware that she had signed with Vince.

I saw that she was featuring in an upcoming events... So I figured just for fun I'd take a look at how things are these days. This is what I found:

Cliffs:
Ronda comes out to "Bad Reputation"
Roddy Piper writing
She looks OK. Dressed in all black. Lots of make up.
Good-guy entrance, fan friendly high fives.
Receives great reception
She is cut off as she starts talking
Some giant chick interrupts her
There is uber cheesy shit talking
The big chick advances
They do some weird Tai Chi shit
They do a very choreographed slam
Match over
Crowd go nuts
Ronda grins
Fin

I was like

<{vega}>

A few things here - first of all, it was good to have a reminder on why I don't watch wrestling anymore... second of all, I had no idea that things had gotten quite so cheesy or sterilised since the thumbtack and steel chair days... Then there's how laboured it all seems... I can't remember cringing quite so hard at something for a long time.

As far as Ronda goes, if she wants to make her paper then good for her - I'm not hating... Just thought the sherbros might like to see where she's at these days.

Seems happier anyway.

{<RR}{<RR}

Dear lord baby Jesus can you please stop posting wwe bs in mma forums site. Ronda has shit do with mma now, let her in enjoy the fake script bad acting wwe super star life. If you want post wwe shit go to a wwe forum site.

Her ability to sell needs hella work

I would like to see her less cringy on the mic but that's like wishing for the moon.

I think she should be a heel. Fits her more. She's already one in real life

bork1}

What made Ronda Rousey immensely popular in MMA was her cringey bad girl persona coupled with the way she absolutely dismantled bitches with her grappling and then took their arms. Everyone knew what she was trying to do and it was a few years before anyone could stop it.

Sounds to me like WWE correctly identified and tried to replicate those factors.

Yeah its not what I was expecting either...

No mean mugging
No unsportsman like conduct
Respect towards opponents
Striking
No arm bar

I mean I'm not on the creative team, but there's surely a few things I might have written into her character...

My prediction: she will be a worse pro wrestler than mixed martial artist.

She fucking sucks on the mic and so far she looks stiff with the few things she has done.

She won't work as a face to me... She needs to turn on Angle at Mania and join HHh and Steph and/or have Paul Heyman as her mouthpiece since I imagine Brock is done after Mania.
I haven't watched WWE(F) since I was a kid but I have seen this clip a few times now on this forum and Ronda is terrible. And her biggest problem is that she won't even be able to take a heel turn as it takes more and better acting to be a heel convincingly than a good guy. People may hate her as a heel but for all the wrong reasons. Because she is boring.

I haven't watched WWE(F) since I was a kid but I have seen this clip a few times now on this forum and Ronda is terrible. And her biggest problem is that she won't even be able to take a heel turn as it takes more and better acting to be a heel convincingly than a good guy. People may hate her as a heel but for all the wrong reasons. Because she is boring.
Right but that is why she needs someone like Paul Heyman to talk for her. He talks for Brock because Brock also sucks on the mic.

Hard to take her seriously as some tough as fuck bitch when she literally got the shit kicked out her in her last two fights

Sherdog is like Ronda's bitter ex-boyfriend, who claims to not care about her, but obsessively drives past her house everyday to make sure another dude's car isn't in her driveway
I did but Travis was out front mowing the lawn =/

Pregnancy aside Miesha would be far better in Wwe as she's not a total bitch in real life. She could happily play a heel because she isn't emotionally destroyed from losing. I love pro wrestling but can't even bring myself to watch that short clip. Pro wrestling in the 90s was the GOAT. WWF attitude, ECW, And for a short time WCW.

The first 60 seconds is the best her hands have looked in years, the accuracy, speed, and angles of her high-fives is undebatable.

Yeah its not what I was expecting either...

No mean mugging
No unsportsman like conduct
Respect towards opponents
Striking
No arm bar

I mean I'm not on the creative team, but there's surely a few things I might have written into her character...

I vaguely remember some media spot Ronda did (I think it was one of those morning shows) where they had her going on about how to throw a punch.

So I've basically been living under a rock when it comes to WWE since 2001, but I was aware that she had signed with Vince.

I saw that she was featuring in an upcoming events... So I figured just for fun I'd take a look at how things are these days. This is what I found:

A few things here - first of all, it was good to have a reminder on why I don't watch wrestling anymore... second of all, I had no idea that things had gotten quite so cheesy or sterilised since the thumbtack and steel chair days... Then there's how laboured it all seems... I can't remember cringing quite so hard at something for a long time.

As far as Ronda goes, if she wants to make her paper then good for her - I'm not hating... Just thought the sherbros might like to see where she's at these days.

Seems happier anyway.

She needs some acting classes ASAP.

Back in the day I was one of the biggest fans of wrestling but your assessment of the characters of today is spot on. They have very few characters who actually have a magnetic personality or even come off as remotely authentic which pale in comparison to the stars of yesteryear.

The roster they have today couldn't hold a candle to the likes of Stone Cold, Mankind, The Rock, etc...

Even Hulk Hogan seems entirely believable when placed next to Rousey.

What do you mean even hulk hogan?

Why does her mean-face look like she smelled a fart.

She got put through the table Monday and was laying on the ground staring at Stephanie. Not even selling it.
Nah she was selling the right arm, dude.

Rousey.jpeg

Back