Ronda Rousey's fighter to fight GGG

He's got a lot of bad coaching to overcome if he wants to succeed ....

There's actually no reason to shit on Edmond Tarverdyan in this case. What people (including himself) don't seem to understand is that he's primarily a boxing coach, not an MMA coach. I've seen him cornering Vanes Martirosyan and Vic Darchinyan, among others, long before Ronda Rousey made her debut in MMA. But after she became famous Tarverdyan seemed to forget everything else.

Vanes was a really good prospect back in the day. He's older now, of course, but he's only lost to Demetrius Andrade, Jermell Charlo and Erislandy Lara who are still the cream of the crop at light middleweight in boxing today. Of course Vanes has virtually no chance to beat the bigger GGG on short notice but he's not a bad fighter by any means. He's just a little too careful and reluctant in the ring...

So... this thread is boxing related and WWE related.

Why is it in the UFC section?

Gennady has never faced the Goat Goat Goat.

Ronda , Edmond, Martirosyan.

WMMA, UFCHW, Boxing Triple Greatest.

Last edited:
Cool that Vanes took the fight so GGG can still hold the belt and the show goes on. Nothing to lose for Vanes in this one, except a bunch of neurons. He's dead.

ooooh,this isn't gone end well for him.

There's actually no reason to shit on Edmond Tarverdyan in this case. What people (including himself) don't seem to understand is that he's primarily a boxing coach, not an MMA coach. I've seen him cornering Vanes Martirosyan and Vic Darchinyan, among others, long before Ronda Rousey made her debut in MMA. But after she became famous Tarverdyan seemed to forget everything else.

Vanes was a really good prospect back in the day. He's older now, of course, but he's only lost to Demetrius Andrade, Jermell Charlo and Erislandy Lara who are still the cream of the crop at light middleweight in boxing today. Of course Vanes has virtually no chance to beat the bigger GGG on short notice but he's not a bad fighter by any means. He's just a little too careful and reluctant in the ring...
Vanes is a very good fighter, of those losses you mentioned none were blowouts. I expect him to lose every round but hang in there a while and probably get stopped on cuts/damage by the ref/Doctor.

Also very good point about being a little reluctant, he could have edged Andrade and Lara with a little more activity.

You can thank that PED abuser CANelo for this.

GGG is gonna ko this fool.

What a terrible manager. He's going to get his ass kicked badly.
What kind of fighter would miss out on such an opportunity ?.
You're letting your hatred of people who have no impact on you clout your judgement.

What qualifies him to be a boxing coach? I know the guy has a background in Muay Thai and claims to have over 300 karate fights ( he also claimed he was a Muay Thai champion which was bullshit). What did this man get his boxing creds from?

I don't know much about Vanes but what I do know is that Vic Darachinyan already had an extensive career in boxing before he ever stepped a foot into that gym.

So the question continues; if Edmond is primary a boxing coach, why the hell could he not teach Ronda a single ounce of striking. Why the hell could he not help Travis Browne? What about those Ronda's WWE horse women? Besides Vic and Vanes, who else trains at his gym?

Back