Room (the movie)

G

Guestx

Anyone seen it? For those who are unaware, it's a Best Picture contender this year.

I watched it last night. It's definitely an interesting film, and quite refreshing in that it's different from your usual Hollywood fare. Overall, I'd give it an 8/10, but just be advised that, while it's ultimately a film of triumph, it's also a bit of a gloomy downer.

For those who have already checked it out. . .

While I enjoyed the film, there definitely were some elements that made me scratch my head. Is it realistic, for instance, that Old Nick didn't look inside the rug to confirm that the kid was actually dead? And why would the mother, after fighting for her life for seven years, attempt suicide after finally escaping? I mean, I get that she'd be suffering from PTSD, but the way that she expressed no real joy at finally having her life back just rang false.

Also, was it just me, or was anyone else totally confused when you got to the end of the movie and it turned out that Jack really was a boy? I thought FOR SURE it was a girl and the mother was hiding the fact from Old Nick because she was worried he wold rape the kid. The fact that they continued to refer to Jack as a boy after the escape just confused the fuck out of me and I kept waiting for some big reveal.

I like the part where Johnny went to buy flowers.
bc5fe47eb0b60a7a631c5f355e705730713fe9e1.jpeg

You're just a little chicken. Cheep cheep cheep cheep cheee-eee-eeep

Last edited:
there is another movie titled The Room and its deemed the citizen kane of bad movies.

Watched this last night. Had no idea what it was about. For the first 20 minutes I was like take that kid outside for Pete's sake! Good movie. Sad. Glad I watched it without reading about it.

Johnny vs Mark for alltime best fight scene in a movie. The Room is an amazing movie!! I love the scene where they are tossing football.

Also, James Franco was supposed to be remaking the movie with him being Johnny.

Whers
Johnny vs Mark for alltime best fight scene in a movie. The Room is an amazing movie!! I love the scene where they are tossing football.

Wheres my fucking money, Danny!?

I did naut hit herr I did naut!! Oh hi Mauk

Good movie. Brie Larson's Best Actress Oscar win is well-deserved. One of my favorite parts is when the kid first tells his grandma that he loves her.

I liked it. I never once thought Jack was a girl.

I liked it. I never once thought Jack was a girl.

I don't see how you didn't.

High-pitched voice, long hair, feminine face, and just what I thought of as a girlish way. . .

(And yes, I know kids in general tend to have high-pitched voices, but taken all together, I was like this is a girl.)

Back