Rory found out he was being bumped from Main to Co-Main from a radio interviewer

Meathead Jock

WAR ASKREN
@Gold
Reaction score
These MMA orgs need to learn to show some respect to their athletes.

Did someone shot him in the face with a shotgun?

Last edited:
Rampage vs Sonnen will always outdraw any Bellator title fight that doesn't include some other dinosaur.

Hardcores HATED Shamrock vs Kimbo headlining over Pitbull vs Weichel, but it got more eyes on Pitbull. Bellator having old guys headline over legit talent is just a necessary evil at this point. That's just the way the show goes.

man i can not fkn wait for this fight. Only shitty part is that I'm going to my friends house for the UFC card so I'll have to DVR the bellator event at my house and come home and watch it. Gotta stay off the phone to avoid any spoilers.

Also, do the bellator prelims really start at 7 pm? there's like 12 fights on the undercard and 5 main event fights that are supposed to start at 9 pm lol

Rory needs to check himself. Rampage and Chael are easily the bigger draw here.

Can someone explain why the biggest drawing fight has to go on last?

They can still heavily promote that fight without putting it last on the broadcast.

No different than UFC. Fighters should jump ship to orgs based on the money they are getting. These fighters who talk about oh this org is family, they treat me so good, they are gonna do all these things to build me up etc, its all bullshit.

These MMA orgs need to learn to show some respect to their athletes.

Thought that was a pretty shitty way to find out.

Coker should of called Rory and Lima to tell them what was going on before announcing the change to the press and public. Expected more from Scott Coker.

Thought that was a pretty shitty way to find out.

Coker should of called Rory and Lima to tell them what was going on before announcing the change to the press and public. Expected more from Scott Coker.

Same. I understand the decision, but not the delivery to those two

No different than UFC. Fighters should jump ship to orgs based on the money they are getting. These fighters who talk about oh this org is family, they treat me so good, they are gonna do all these things to build me up etc, its all bullshit.

The hard sell before they sign ,then the honeymoon announcing the new " partnership" for good press and to crap on the previous org. Right up till first fight.. Then..... Becomes another stale ol girlfriend who won't go down anymore.. LOL

Also, do the bellator prelims really start at 7 pm? there's like 12 fights on the undercard and 5 main event fights that are supposed to start at 9 pm lol
usually 2 or 3 of the prelim fights happened after the main event, the other seven or eight prelims fight occur during that two hour prelim slot.

Literally the moment the fight result is is announced, they start the walkouts for the next fight. They waste no time with that 2-hour prelims slot

They can still heavily promote that fight without putting it last on the broadcast.
I think they want to avoid a situation where the audience sees Sonnen-Rampage, and changes channels right after it's done (similar to when an audience walks out of the arena before the game is over).

Especially considering they're competing with UFC 220.

Just see when Mighty Mouse fights in a main event, there is your answer. Many people wait until the end of the co-main and then for the main event it looks like during first prelims. I don't think it's too hard to see that, dude.

usually 2 or 3 of the prelim fights happened after the main event, the other seven or eight prelims fight occur during that two hour prelim slot.

Literally the moment the fight result is is announced, they start the walkouts for the next fight. They waste no time with that 2-hour prelims slot

Awesome, ill have to watch them on my ipad because ill have the UFC on at my friends. But, looking forward to this.

The hard sell before they sign ,then the honeymoon announcing the new " partnership" for good press and to crap on the previous org. Right up till first fight.. Then..... Becomes another stale ol girlfriend who won't go down anymore.. LOL

Yep. Then you find out Bellator did nothing they said they would do, you havent been promoted in any special way, best thing you get is headlining some throw away card from Europe on tape delay that nobody cares about.

I think Rory if he wins this title will get the big push, he's got an Everlast thing, crypto currency sponsorship. I think Bellator would do something with him.

But everyone else, what has Bellator really dont for any of these guys that UFC didnt?

Yep. Then you find out Bellator did nothing they said they would do, you havent been promoted in any special way, best thing you get is headlining some throw away card from Europe on tape delay that nobody cares about.

I think Rory if he wins this title will get the big push, he's got an Everlast thing, crypto currency sponsorship. I think Bellator would do something with him.

But everyone else, what has Bellator really dont for any of these guys that UFC didnt?

I'm a Huge Rory fan. He is an extremely nice guy once you spend any amount of time with him and he has a chance to open up. A few years ago I happened to sit next to his Mom at a UFC weigh in in Vegas. We spoke for a while. Very sweet lady. Told her I was there as a big Rory fan, Rory reached out to me later and we met. Took me to a UFC get together and hung out for the evening. Was a great time, introduced me to a bunch of fighters.

When this Bellator Card was announced I purchased tickets the morning they went on sale. Got first row cage side. Think I'm more pissed off about Lima vs Macdonald not being the main event than he is.

Rampage vs Sonnen will always outdraw any Bellator title fight that doesn't include some other dinosaur.

Hardcores HATED Shamrock vs Kimbo headlining over Pitbull vs Weichel, but it got more eyes on Pitbull. Bellator having old guys headline over legit talent is just a necessary evil at this point. That's just the way the show goes.

Unfortunately for Rory, he will always be better off having a dinosaur headline over him.

Just see when Mighty Mouse fights in a main event, there is your answer. Many people wait until the end of the co-main and then for the main event it looks like during first prelims. I don't think it's too hard to see that, dude.
What am I supposed to be seeing?

Back