Rory MacDonald F'ed Up. LOL

Franc Mittelo

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If dude had won a couple of fights after the Thompson defeat (a fight I think Rory threw away), the guy would be fighting Woodley for the title in July.

Now, all he has are delusional fans hanging on a decision victory over Woodley back in 2014. LOL
The UFC is hectic. No matter how crazy it gets, all you have to worry about is winning your next fight.

Especially, if you ranked in the top 10. Top 10 fighters are always one missed-weight or injury away from a title fight.

Rory fans, get real. Your man was beaten out of the UFC. Just because he won a decision against the current UFC champ 4 years ago, it doesn't mean anything. The guys who smashed Rory out of the UFC, have been smashed by the current UFC champ. LOL

And he says that Lima is by far and away the best fighter he's ever fought. Come on Rory, been knocked in the nose 25 too many times!

Nothing from woodley latest fights convinced me the fight would play out any differently. He still backs up, plays possum by the fence, and is vulnerable to the jab which Rory excells at.

He's getting paid well to fight in Bellator & fighting competition high enough to where he's still relevant, calm down buddy.

Evidently Colby has comedy writers, and Tyron has thread starters.

You're crazy if you think Rory isn't a great fighter. If he was still in the UFC he'd be in the top 5 of the division at worst. I'd still favor him over Woodley. The problem with Rory was that he just wasn't able to become the next GSP.

Nothing from woodley latest fights convinced me the fight would play out any differently. He still backs up, plays possum by the fence, and is vulnerable to the jab which Rory excells at.

Yep styles make fights and Rory>Woodley>Thompson>Rory is just one of those weird matchup dependant triangles that pop up sometimes

I think he'd jab Woodley up the same way he did last time. I also think Wonderboy would outmaneuver him to a decision again. And I don't even want to imagine what would happen if Woodley and Thompson fought again because I'm trying to stay awake

Lima would whoop Lawler's ass.

At this point in his career I agree. I'm actually a Lima fan, just don't know that he's that much better than the top WW's that Rory fought while in the UFC.

MMA Math at it's retarded best.

Rory has lost to 3 fighters, Woodley has only fought 2 of them and unless 'smashed' means 10 boring rounds he's only 'smashed' one of them.
Using the same dumb logic Woodley went 3 rounds with Daley, how did he do against Rory.

Rory did probably screw up by going to Bellator though as he would (almost) certainly have fought for the UFC title and may have won it and being a UFC champion would have been worth a lot more than anything he gets in Bellator.

And he says that Lima is by far and away the best fighter he's ever fought. Come on Rory, been knocked in the nose 25 too many times!

well, of course he is going to hype Lima, whether he truly believes that or not.

otherwise, what is he expected to say...'Lima is good, but not as good as some guys in the UFC'? that would both marginalize his own win and potentially piss off Bellator execs.

well, of course he is going to hype Lima, whether he truly believes that or not.

otherwise, what is he expected to say...'Lima is good, but not as good as some guys in the UFC'? that would both marginalize his own win and potentially piss off Bellator execs.

Yep, I agree. I know what you mean, just saying that Lima isn't the greatest he's ever fought.

At this point in his career I agree. I'm actually a Lima fan, just don't know that he's that much better than the top WW's that Rory fought while in the UFC.

It's pretty hard to know. I personally think he's a top 5 WW.

Back