Rory MacDonald Secures $350k Cryptocurrency Sponsorship for Bellator 192

He's at the top of pyramid, looking down on the rest of us.

I think we can all agree the current UFC sponsorship model pretty much fucks all the fighters.

I do like the clean, consistent outfits that makes the UFC look much more like a professional sport
i can say i wasn't in favor of having a massive "condom depot" ad on the shorts or "golden palace" stenciled on the fighters back but that is what changed everything as it started looking tacky.
the ultimate piss off was how the ufc just took every ad and the revenue that followed from the fighters and spread them all over the ring-posts, graphics and audio for their financial gain.
now seeing those blank boring shorts just reminds me why i hate how the ufc is run these days and why i will never again in my life buy anything reebok.

giphy.webp

Lol. Killed it.

Good for Rory though.

I don't know anything about this shit but Rory says he has invested in some of it and keeps up to date on it, so it's obviously worth it to him.

Good for him.

It's innovative stuff like this that makes the Reebook deal stand out as being so awful.

I think we can all agree the current UFC sponsorship model pretty much fucks all the fighters.

I do like the clean, consistent outfits that makes the UFC look much more like a professional sport, but they need to rework the cash distribution or other fighters with a decent name brand will continue to walk out the door for sponsorship money.

UFC uniforms are fucking hideous and are barely different from one another.Absolutely horrid decision to force this BS on fighters.The addition of these horrendous outfits hasn't effected the credibility of mma in the positive whatsoever.

If anything it has been a negative spotlight since it' inception.From horrible pay structure,ugly designs,misspelling fighters names........now they announced a restructure in the payout brackets...........only for them to barely change it at all.

The longer the UFC stays with this it' killing them.the longer bellator has complete sponsor freedom it will bring in these bigger sponsors back to mma and bring more guys to bellator because of it.

How much are the fighters getting that were not in the UFC?

They are getting less than the Reebok deal.

dash > bitcoin
either way, thats a hell of a lot of coins, good for him!

How much are the fighters getting that were not in the UFC?

They are getting less than the Reebok deal.

Hard to find those numbers. Would be shocked if King Mo, MVP, Chandler, Pico off the top of my head aren't making more than reebok money from sponsors but i've got nothing to support that statement.

UFC uniforms are fucking hideous and are barely different from one another.Absolutely horrid decision to force this BS on fighters.The addition of these horrendous outfits hasn't effected the credibility of mma in the positive whatsoever.

If anything it has been a negative spotlight since it' inception.From horrible pay structure,ugly designs,misspelling fighters names........now they announced a restructure in the payout brackets...........only for them to barely change it at all.

The longer the UFC stays with this it' killing them.the longer bellator has complete sponsor freedom it will bring in these bigger sponsors back to mma and bring more guys to bellator because of it.

I agree with you on how this impacts the UFC, but every time I watch Invicta or Bellator I'm reminded how much I like the consistent uniforms rather than a complete random assortment of hideous sporting attire and sponsor stickers.

The real issue - which I think you addressed - is how the UFC just grabbed all the sponsor money instead of spreading it around. If you have Monster, Harley, an upcoming movie and Reebok on the sponsor list for an event then each fighter should get a cut from each sponsor instead of the UFC greedily taking it all and driving their fighters to smaller organizations.

On the other hand - once they've lost enough talent to other organizations they'll address the issue.

Hard to find those numbers. Would be shocked if King Mo, MVP, Chandler, Pico off the top of my head aren't making more than reebok money from sponsors but i've got nothing to support that statement.

Those are name fighters. Talking about the rest of the company.

To the haters - Condom depot did great work spreading awareness about and encouraging practicing safer sex, another reason to get rid of Reebok.

I work with a guy who's currently on a month vacation because 3 years ago he had $30 worth it bitcoins and he says he forgot about the account. Then with all the recent cryto currency craze he randomly checked the account and it was worth 12K and change.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rory immediately cashed in like 125K and played the market with the rest.

But yeah fighters are getting fucked on sponsors.

I work with a guy who's currently on a month vacation because 3 years ago he had $30 worth it bitcoins and he says he forgot about the account. Then with all the recent cryto currency craze he randomly checked the account and it was worth 12K and change.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rory immediately cashed in like 125K and played the market with the rest.

I just bought in a small piece at $100 of ripples. I expect nothing to come from it but seemed worth a shot just in case

I know a kid who for a while I guess was doing that credit card swiping nonsense. He eventually got caught, did his time, etc, now he’s taken over his dads company and just trying to do the right thing. He checked his computers recently and found a wallet that had 12 BTC in it. Free $150k lol.

I just bought in a small piece at $100 of ripples. I expect nothing to come from it but seemed worth a shot just in case
I actually just got paid out $528 on my Cyborg/Khabib parlay in bitcoins just to see what can possibly happen.

I actually just got paid out $528 on my Cyborg/Khabib parlay in bitcoins just to see what can possibly happen.

A lot of my friends are into crypto, my line of work got into them years ago, I was never big into it at all, I always thought it was phoney bologna too. I prob missed the boat to turn my $100 into $1mill, but, as of late, I put some $ on, I’ve managed to basically double my $ on both exchanges I put money on. Was able to withdraw some back to my Coinbase account and have some coins I’m freerolling now.

Back